Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: investigations protocol
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:36 pm 
Tonight, the assignment of investigators was very last minute. (It also seemed very disorganized, at least from the perspective of someone reading the forums without communicating in-person; maybe there was a group of people working in person who had it together.)

Do we want to continue doing these assignments last minute? One option is that we could construct our investigation assignments earlier in the day, within a few hours of the murder if possible. This does not mean we need make the investigations immediately; we can make the investigations later in the day, so we can change our minds if more events happen. But it would make the assignment of investigators to go more smoothly.

Downside is that the mafia will have more information or time on which to act or plant evidence.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 am 
Plant Evidence only has a couple uses; I think getting investigations coordinated and done sensibly is a much more important consideration.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:50 am 
It seems like we are making poor investigations, by putting them off until too late an then scrambling to do something. We already have a kill today; can we start assigning investgators? We have 5-6 right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 am 
Agreed this should be done earlier. I would lean toward investigating yesterday's murder, because we've already made progress on it, but I'm also concerned that the mafia are more likely to have manipulated the press on that kill (to deny us investigations yesterday.) There are two people in particular who I would like to investigate: James Rowan and tjhance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:45 am 
How about this:
Investigator A: James Rowan (for schmolly)
Investigator B: tjhance (for schmolly)
Investigators C-to-however-many: investigating lily chen's death, suspects to be determined

That way, we don't lose out if the mafia used a special power on one of these murders.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:22 pm 
Sounds good, I'll tell those investigators (A and B) to make those investigations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:36 pm 
I think at this point we want to focus all of our investigations on Lily Chen, in order to help the other gay knight as much as possible. We have investigators C-F left for today, plus dgrazian, and A-F plus dgrazian tomorrow. That's 12 total, plus the gay knight's two. Hopefully that will be enough to find the killer and allow the gay knight to avenge Lily. We can get back to schmolly after that's done.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]