Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just FYI
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:35 pm 
I am really not in the best state of mind or work-state to be actually doing much with Mafia right now. I'm going to be reading the forum and talking to you guys and giving advice, but I'm really not in the brain-state to be coming up with and executing devious plans at the moment.

I'm still getting used to the new rules, and I haven't thought through the new balance of things anywhere near as much as Dgrazian and Alex (since they helped balance the system), so I'm not going to have lots of super awesome ideas right off the bat, and I don't really have the time or spoons to spend large amounts of time coming up with awesome lolzy strategies, so you guys are going to have to help me.

Things that would help:
-If one of you guys could make a googleDoc spreadsheet with the names and dorms of all the players and their classes (if listed on the intro thread), as well as when/where those classes happen, so that we can stalk them.
-If you guys could actually start doing things and taking initiative rather than waiting for me to tell you what to do. If you have ideas, go with them. I can't be the only one making decisions, or the opportunities you come across will pass you by while you're waiting for me to respond. In previous games where I was mafia, we did well in large part because of people making good spur of the moment decisions, not just because of intricate and well-thought-out strategies.
-We have a shit-ton of powers. If you guys could come up with ideas for how to use them, even if they're stupid, and post them to the Mafia Den, I can give you suggestions on how you might make your plans better.

Sorry, but I'm not actually an infallible mafia god. I'm human too, and this game happened to overlap with a period that, for reasons I couldn't have predicted before game, is not the best time for me. I'll try to do what I can, and I'm always up for discussion, but I'm probably not going to be spending much of my own time (outside active discussions with people) doing game things.