Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Voting Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:24 pm 
If you have a lynch vote, feel free to post it here. Remember that this is Random Ballots, so if you vote for someone, they have a 1/n chance of dying even if no one else votes for them. Only your most recent vote counts, and if you don't vote you will default to No Lynch.

I vote No Lynch for now.

Post subject: Re: Voting Day 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:32 pm 
Shouldn't it default to no vote? As in your vote has no weight for any potential candidates?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:33 pm 
I like pravinas' idea; your vote should count with probability 1/k, where k is the number of people who vote. If nobody votes weird things happen, but I doubt that'll ever happen (and we could define it to be no lynch).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:33 pm 
I vote no lynch conditional on there being no kill; if not voting counts differently, I instead retract my vote if a kill happens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:52 pm 
pravinas wrote:
Shouldn't it default to no vote? As in your vote has no weight for any potential candidates?

Why should it be that? I prefer the way I wrote the rules (so that there's an incentive to have everyone involved instead of just having only one player vote for the person we want lynched).

Also, in general principle I don't think rules should be changed mid-game unless there's a very good reason to do so, because people would tend to argue for the rules that benefit their alignment, and that's not how rules should work. E.g. if later in the game it seems like people are dying too fast I can't just say "I think we should reverse Josh's proposal for kill probabilities and go back to it always being 0.3," because even if it turns out that for some reason that would be a more fair rule, I'm also inherently biased toward wanting serial killers to get fewer kills, and the serial killers would be inherently biased toward wanting more kills.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:09 pm 
I would prefer it defaulting to a vote to lynch yourself. Though i also agree with jackie that we shouldnt change rules midway through game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:30 pm 
I vote no lynch if there are no kills by day end. If there are kills, I will try to adjust accordingly but can't promise 100% to be online.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:25 pm 
Vote Lotta. She was acting suspiciously earlier today in Stata!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:53 pm 
Oh, clarification on how the RNG for lynches happens. We'll gather in Front Rooms at 23:00, and publicly RNG the lynch target by RNGing 1-n where n is number of living players, and choose the one who is in that position alphabetically, and lynch whoever they voted for. At the same time we can RNG the two digits for role abilities for tomorrow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:55 pm 
I suppose my most recent post was breaking my own rule about not changing rules midgame... technically the rules say we were supposed to have RNGed tomorrow's abilities 24 hours in advance, so if people want to do that ASAP, and RNG the *following* day's abilities tonight at day end, we can do that instead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:14 pm 
Linus, can you clarify what happened?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:21 pm 
I think we should RNG for tomorrow ASAP and the next days at day end.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:46 pm 
Okay, Minions people and I will RNG shortly. To be clear, we're just doing 2 numbers for now (kill + investigation abilities for tomorrow).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:25 pm 
So I just told DHH and then front rooms the story of why I think Linus thinks I'm sketchy (though he should correct me if I'm wrong).

This is in reference to the mildly sketchy thing that Jackie posted about earlier.

I went to Jackie to hand her a phone charger. Linus was also around because he independently had a class around there. Both me and Linus were shocked to see the other there and assumed that the other was trying to kill Jackie. However, Linus's intro confirms that he had a class around there and Jackie can confirm that I was handing her a phone charger so yay! Nothing actually sketchy!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:43 pm 
That makes sense! Unvote Lotta, Vote ECD

Voting ECD because ECD wants No Lynch, which I think is sketchy. Why would you want to not lynch? Deliberating and voting gives information yea?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:54 pm 
Reasons not to lynch:

Reducing the number of players increases the number of kills SKs get.

The only reliable information anyone can have about anyone else is SKs who disarmed each other. If we all lynch who we think is sketchy, met-up SKs have a higher-than-average chance of voting for townies, and townies don't have a higher-than-average chance of voting for SKs. So townies are more likely to get lynched than SKs are. That means it's better for all of us to vote no lynch. If somebody defects from this plan by voting for someone, they out themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:57 pm 
Eh, I also conditionally voted no lynch. I think we have a tradition of no lynching on day 1 unless there's been a kill that we have a reasonable suspect for, mostly for the meta reason that it's not fun to get lynched without things having happened in game

Edit: outposted, but this is a separate reason I guess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:59 pm 
I too conditionally vote no lynch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:00 pm 
Ok, if there's any argument I agree with, it's the meta-argument that getting lynched D1 isn't fun. Unvote ECD, Vote No Lynch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:01 pm 
The general consensus is to no Lynch so I don't find ecd particularly sketchy for this. I'm not convinced that's correct, People should vote for who they think is sketchy, though the increase in SK kills seems scary enough to only Lynch on strong info.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:10 pm 
I vote no lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:31 pm 
I vote no lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:33 pm 
I vote no lynch