Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:46 pm 
This weekend, me, achester, and Linus will be in NH and ecd will be in VT. Maybe there are even more people traveling.

I was hoping this wouldn't be relevant because game would be over by then, and/or enough of the people traveling would have died, but I guess not.

Anyway, given that at least 4 people will be away, should we pause game? Should we just have the 4 people find body doubles?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:03 pm 
blumberg wrote:
Anyway, given that at least 4 people will be away, should we pause game? Should we just have the 4 people find body doubles?

I think it'd be pretty hard to find 4 body doubles. I'm tempted to say that given the slow rate of play, it doesn't really matter if the people who are gone can't be killed for a couple days, but on the other hand if they're SKs and if we implement the you-die-if-too-many-no-kill-days rule, then they'd need body doubles to make kills for them. Maybe we can specifically exempt people who are out of town from that no-kill-day rule if it gets implemented? Or we could ask kmath if she's willing to be everyone's body double? :P

Anyway, would it be a problem to pause game from the lasting-too-long perspective? Katie, how long does ET have to finish this game before the next one starts?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:10 pm 
The next game is going to start in "late October." In practice this will probably be right after retreat, because the game isn't going to be happening during retreat in the same way that games don't happen during Mystery Hunt or the Assassin's Guild tenday.

Pausing game in general is annoying though, and I'm inclined to just get ecd a body double and call that good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:09 pm 
I think you mean ecd, blumberg, and achester? You could argue that blumberg and achester could kill each other, but that'd be a *bit* too obvious...