Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 am 
Make sure to keep up on the forum discussions. In particular, please read the strategy advice post that I made yesterday (in Discussion Day 1.)

And any Knights besides Erin should reveal right away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:02 pm 
I'm not sure I agree with your that Knights (or any other power roles) should reveal.

If a Mafia wanted to pose as a Knight, this wouldn't be easy to detect. Mafia 1 could pose as a Knight, and another Mafia member could claim through a proxy that they are Mafia 1's dame.

If a true Knight did reveal, the Mafia has nothing to lose by killing them. The Dame could try and guess who killed the Knight, but if the Mafia are careful it's quite likely that they won't succeed. so unless you're trying to catch a Mafia by using the Knight as a bait I'm not sure this is going to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:30 pm 
I don't mind either scenario.

If Mafia want to invest two of their four initial members into claiming knight/dame, let them. We have the threat of using seer or prophet on them. If ever one is caught doing a kill or via an investigation, we automatically get the other.

If Mafia want to kill a knight, that's fine too. It's better for town that having a random townie be killed, especially early. And it's not that easy to kill a specific person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:34 pm 
Killing a Knight creates an extra inspector (Dame's activated power).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:32 pm 
Quote:
If ever one is caught doing a kill or via an investigation, we automatically get the other.

This isn't necessarily true. Dames can claim via a proxy chain of unknown length, meaning that nobody's implication would implicate the fake Knight, and the Knight's implication wouldn't implicate anybody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:10 pm 
Daniel Grazian just tried to kill me on the fifth floor of the Student Center; fortunately I am the Ironheart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:11 pm 
We should lynch Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm 
Bullshit. Adam tried to kill me. The only reason I did not die was because I had the medkit. Gary will confirm that he gave it to me yesterday.

Seer can confirm that I am a special role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:34 pm 
Daniel, why was the Medkit given to you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:39 pm 
Because I asked Gary for it. I thought I was one of the more likely early kill targets. That combined with my special role justified it to me. I was actually planning to shuffle it around a bit, but I didn't get a chance...

By the way, this looks really good for Gary. He knew I most probably still had the medkit, so it would have been a terrible lack of coordination if Gary was one of Adam's fellow mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:51 pm 
I think we should elect Sir Erin (ermain) Mayor as long as she's for it. Could someone at ET or Random start the petition.

Also, Investigators might as well investigate Adam Yedidia. Or Daniel Grazian. Or anyone really, investigation is good. You guys should be setting up proxies as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 pm 
There already is a petition going around for Erin.

How is the petition for Police Officer going, though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 pm 
Cecilia wrote:
How is the petition for Police Officer going, though?

Last I heard, 16 signatures -- 1 short. People were planning to go to ET to get more, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:58 pm 
We really want to get elects before today ends. Have they decided whom to watch and to protect?

Also, any investigation results for cathy? Who was at ET when she died?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:36 pm 
I got a private message from a claimed investigator that Adam Yedidia killed Cathy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 pm 
BTW I can confirm that Gary gave dgrazian a medkit last night. From a Bayesian perspective, it's much more likely that Adam was the mafia: we know that dgrazian had a medkit, but we need to take it on faith that Adam is the ironheart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:43 pm 
Nathan wrote:
BTW I can confirm that Gary gave dgrazian a medkit last night. From a Bayesian perspective, it's much more likely that Adam was the mafia: we know that dgrazian had a medkit, but we need to take it on faith that Adam is the ironheart.
That's exactly the reasoning I had. Go Bayes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:06 pm 
Worth pointing out: Frame a Townsperson is not in the rules, and Josh has confirmed it is not in the game, though it was mentioned at kickoff and is referenced in other parts of the rules.

This means that investigator positives are reliable, or at least as reliable as the people they came from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:34 pm 
Josh, can you please confirm that Frame a Townsperson is actually note in this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:34 pm 
Josh, can you please confirm that Frame a Townsperson is actually note in this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:49 am 
not actually in this game, I would like it to be but, given that it's not in the rules I'm ruling that it doesn't exist.