Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:12 pm 
Adam just tried to kill me on the fifth floor of the student center.

Fortunately, Gary gave me the med-kit last night. So I did not die. The medkit is used up. Thank you very much, Gary!

Lynch Adam tonight. Gravedig him tomorrow to confirm the truth of my claim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:14 pm 
That's false; it was Daniel who tried to kill me, on the fifth floor of the student center. Note my earlier post to that effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm 
Adam, Daniel: What were you doing on the fifth floor of the student center? Who knew you'd be there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 pm 
It would be acceptable, of course, for me to be lynched and grave-dug, since that would naturally confirm that Daniel is mafia. However, it would be better from my perspective (save one innocent) for us to do it in the other order.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:16 pm 
I was tooling 6.854 with Adam Sealfon. Daniel Grazian walked up behind me and said "bang."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:18 pm 
I am working on 18.821 (project lab) on the fifth floor of the student center. Adam tried to kill me in front of my two partners (Michael Mekonnen and Justin Venezuela.)

We met briefly and said hi on the main part of the fifth floor. I then went into the work-room area. Adam followed me a few minutes later and tried to kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:18 pm 
I am working on 18.821 (project lab) on the fifth floor of the student center. Adam tried to kill me in front of my two partners (Michael Mekonnen and Justin Venezuela.)

We met briefly and said hi on the main part of the fifth floor. I then went into the work-room area. Adam followed me a few minutes later and tried to kill me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 pm 
Seer, feel free to confirm that I am a special role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:20 pm 
Seer, please don't waste your power on this. At least not unless we discuss and agree it's worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:21 pm 
Also, I'll be working on 18.821 for the next couple hours. I won't be able to check the forum much, if at all. I'll be around Random later tonight.

Lynch Adam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 pm 
Gary, could you please comment on what you did with your Medkit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:42 pm 
I can confirm that Daniel had the medkit last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:55 pm 
How? Erin, you were at Random, and dgrazian spent the night at ET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:31 pm 
Hey, a legitimate reason for me to lynch someone! Huzzah!

Truthfully I can't associate faces with usernames well enough to be able to comment on general aura of sketchiness, but is it worth pointing out that just because someone has a medkit doesn't mean they aren't mafia? Wouldn't it be riskier for someone to claim they are ironheart since that could come out eventually, than to claim you had the medkit and used it up when you didn't? Or maybe this is falling into the territory of being too suspicious. Paranoia!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:45 pm 
It is also possible that both dgrazian and Adam are mafia, and used this ploy to try to fool the town that at most one of the two of them are guilty, when in fact both of them are. Let's lynch them both for good measure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:16 pm 
If we consider that Daniel and Adam could be mafia, also remember Gary Wang could be also. My thought process is:

1. Gary gives Dan med-kit.
2. Adam attempts to "kill" Dan, knowing he has med-kit.
3. Dan looks innocent, removing med-kit from play in the process.

Shit...looks like I'm paranoid.

Also, is there anyone who can verify either account of it here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm 
Sacrificing a mafia to remove med-kit? This seems like a bad idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:20 pm 
Actually, yeah. That's very true.

I'm still a "lynch them all" kinda guy though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 pm 
I don't think dgrazian is mafia. Last night, he told me he was a special role, and he seems to be very willing to be checked. I don't think someone who is mafia would be so confident in his role like he is.

I say we lynch Adam (Chuckles). I feel very confident that dgrazian is not mafia this game. And

And AOK is right. I don't see how it is strategic to give another mafia a med-kit, only for it to be used up. That would just make things very doubtful for both sides, dgrazian and Chuckles. It could lead to both of them being lynched, killing two mafias in one day (lolwat). Not really smart.

I'm starting to question the innocence of MattSusskind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:40 pm 
It makes sense that the Mafia would want to kill off an experienced player-- if we'd lost either Alex or dgrazian we wouldn't have much in the way of leadership. (Note who has been making most of the posts on this forum so far, barring God)

Now it's looking like we can't really trust either of them, and without any solid communication or leadership the town will suffer. Either the Town's hand gets forced and we expend some of our powers on Day 1 (see: Seer, Gravedigger), or we lose both of them and have to come up with new, albeit less-experienced, leadership.

IMO, It'd be silly to think that both were Mafia. As both of them have been leading the town successfully until this point, it wouldn't make sense to throw that away for the sake of a medkit.

This also pressures us to not lynch a player who has been completely inactive. (And, if I understand correctly, inactive players tend to help the Mafia.)

TL;DR This was a good move on the Mafia's part. (But not an unexpected one)

...I am not entirely certain what I was attempting to accomplish with this post. I guess getting my thoughts out there is a good thing? /uncertain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:49 pm 
Great, let's kill Adam and then grave-dig to find out if he was actually mafia. If not, then kill Daniel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:57 pm 
aok wrote:
How? Erin, you were at Random, and dgrazian spent the night at ET.

Erin and I were at Six Flags and came back to ET at around 7-8 ish. Dgrazian was there psetting when we arrived. I can confirm that Erin isn't lying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:08 pm 
Dgrazian has claimed that his attempted murder was witnessed by Michael Mekonnen and Justin Venezuela, and that Gary can confirm that he had the medkit. Adam has claimed Adam Sealfon.

We have 4.5 hours to lynch someone. If anyone can find any of the witnesses to get their stories, do so immediately! As many people as possible should do this. Also, if anyone currently has the medkit, show it to a bunch of people right now and have them all post that they've seen it. Someone else having the medkit would completely explode dgrazian's story, and it can be confirmed without using any powers! There is no good reason not to reveal you have it; who has it can be re-hidden right after we lynch dgrazian.

If no new evidence comes in before 10PM, I'm going to vote to lynch Adam, for the following reasons:

1. Dgrazian is a more high-profile player than Adam. The mafia trying to take out dgrazian early is more plausible than them doing a risky plot to take out Adam.

2. Dgrazian is also really useful to the town whether he's mafia or not, simply by being active and causing others to be active.

3. Dgrazian's story of having the medkit is really easy to check. He'd have to be pretty dumb, or know the medkit is in mafia hands, to claim it was destroyed when it wasn't.

4. Dgrazian and Adam have both claimed to be special roles, and dgrazian has been more willing to be Seer-checked. I think it would be a waste of the Seer, but it still matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm 
No need to be checked by Seer. Just lynch Adam and check his status. That will be enough to prove dgrazian's innocence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:37 pm 
Nathan wrote:
Great, let's kill Adam and then grave-dig to find out if he was actually mafia. If not, then kill Daniel.

Remember that the mafia might use Plant Evidence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:44 pm 
I recommend that all the gravediggers pick proxies. Then we can organize gravediggings without accidentally having multiple gravediggers check the same corpse and while protecting the anonymity of the gravediggers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:57 pm 
We need EVERY gravedigger to pick a proxy, and all proxies to MESSAGE ERIN immediately. If it's decided that gravedigs will be used, Erin will randomly choose one of the proxies to tell their gravedigger to dig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:57 pm 
Whoops, it appears in my previous post that I conflated one of the accused with Alex. Adam, Alex, alliterative things trip me up. But portions of my older post still stand.

I'd recommend that anyone who can get stories from the witnesses record the stories they receive in some matter, so that they may be compared to the posted stories later. People who recall rehearsed/fake stories tend to report them more 'accurately' than those who actually saw something.

Although I am generally ambivalent as to who to lynch for the moment, allow me to play devil's advocate.

• dgrazian is eager to suggest grave digging Adam's lynched corpse, when there is a Mafia power that could be used to modify this information to corroborate his claim.
  • dgrazian is eager to be checked by the Seer, or otherwise use the fact that a power role is (most likely) not a Mafia member.
  • dgrazian was the one who told us to NOT overestimate the power of conscription.
  • (this train of thought is based on circumstantial evidence, but hear me out) dgrazian was the person who started the first discussion thread, numbered Day 1.
    • Historically, any days between Game Start and the first day of kills/lynching have been named Day 0, Day -1, etc. to keep the numbered discussion threads consistent with their corresponding lynch/kill numbers.
    • dgrazian HAS created Day 0 discussion threads before, so he is not unaware of this tradition.
    • This would seem to imply that dgrazian was involved in some game action BEFORE the first day in which killing was allowed, causing him to think that the game had already 'started'
    • The only game action explicitly not allowed in the post by God in the time frame between Game Start and 11PM Sunday Start time are Mafia Kills.
    • Most Town actions would be wasteful without more information as to the other player's identities.
    • There were approximately 13 hours between Game Start and the "Day 1 Discussion" thread.
  • dgrazian would make a good conscript.
    • He is an experienced, active player who would be kept around for advice (without any directly incriminating evidence) until at least mid-game.
    • He is vocal, persuasive, and active enough to make a legitimate run for Mayor.

The implication of all this wank being that dgrazian is a conscript, and an early one at that.

Unless someone has evidence that this is theory is impossible (eg being with dgrazian all day on Sunday, a message from God saying that "No, all game actions are impossible until 11PM Sunday", etc.), it is worth mulling over.

/removes tinfoil hat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:59 pm 
Also all the gravedigger proxies should tell Sir Erin (who is fairly trustworthy because she's a knight) who chose them as proxies. This will prevent any one mafioso from ballot-stuffing, and will provide a shortlist of people to be more suspicious of if too many proxies claim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:00 pm 
Actions WERE allowed before 11 PM Sunday. God clearly said that dgrazian was correct in his naming of "Day 1" and "Day 2."