Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:06 pm 
Hm. I noticed that other games had Day 0 threads, but not that Game Actions were forbidden until the start of the first formal day (and that that was cause for the different numbering). Apologies. Most of that post still stands, as the notice to not be paranoid about conscripts was still after the proposed conscription time.

(I enjoy coming up with unnecessarily convoluted theories, if this hasn't been picked up on yet.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm 
People seem to find me to be the sketchier one here, unfortunately. Do make sure to grave-dig me afterwards, please, so that you will at least be able to lynch dgrazian next.

I'm probably not going to check the forums again since I've pretty much said my bit--I was on the fifth floor of the Student Center, working on 6.854 with Adam Sealfon (a Harvard cross-registered student) when Daniel walked up to me and attempted to kill me. If there's some crucial bit of evidence that I'm needed for, I can be reached at 617-682-5966. Otherwise, I'll let democracy do its thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm 
Dgrazian made the post about not overestimating conscription BEFORE conscription was allowed, by word of jfrisch. Also, if dgrazian WAS an early conscript, he wouldn't be active in killing this early. Dgrazian's usefulness to the mafia is in his trustedness and our desire to keep him alive for his competence. Having him wrapped up in drama and sketchiness wrecks that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:17 pm 
Miranda Gavrin wrote:
Dgrazian made the post about not overestimating conscription BEFORE conscription was allowed, by word of jfrisch. Also, if dgrazian WAS an early conscript, he wouldn't be active in killing this early. Dgrazian's usefulness to the mafia is in his trustedness and our desire to keep him alive for his competence. Having him wrapped up in drama and sketchiness wrecks that.

Hmm, was it not known then that conscription would be in the game?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 pm 
conscription was now allowed day 1 the same day murder was not allowed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:19 pm 
I see, but there was never a question that conscription would be in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 pm 
Did you get a PM from JFrisch saying so? I don't see anything in the public forum claiming so, and AFAIK aok seems to agree with this. Conscription was definitely known to be in game; It was brought up as such in the info session.

Someone else pointed out that it's more difficult than one would think for the Mafia to go after certain people. Although Adam going after dgrazian would probably be a specific target, dgrazian going after Adam could be convenience.

(Although it would be a newbie mistake to get antsy about not having made a kill by 4pm.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:21 pm 
Ninja'd.

Let's lynch Adam, then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:24 pm 
Cecilia wrote:
Let's lynch Adam, then.

I fail to see how that follows?

(I am inclined to lynch Adam based on the posts that have been made, but I want to understand where you're coming from.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:34 pm 
Anthony Lu wrote:
Cecilia wrote:
Let's lynch Adam, then.

I fail to see how that follows?

(I am inclined to lynch Adam based on the posts that have been made, but I want to understand where you're coming from.)

I stated earlier that I could go for lynching either of them, and seeing that most people were voting for Adam I put forth my best theory to implicate dgrazian as Mafia. But seeing as how most of it doesn't make sense (inconsistent numbering explained, the fact that he couldn't have been conscripted before he said not to be paranoid regarding conscripts) it now makes more sense to vote Adam, instead of being on the fence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:34 pm 
Yeah. Okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 pm 
++ to the argument that dgrazian is a more high-profile player and thus a better target for these sort of shenanigans.

++ to the argument that we overthink conscription.

That said, I talked to Adam Sealfon; he wasn't sure exactly what happened, because he was focusing on the pset, but he said Daniel came by, and Adam said immediately afterwards that he tried to kill him, so Adam Sealfon thinks Adam Yedidia is telling the truth. For whatever that's worth -- just figured I'd let y'all know.

I'm still slightly more suspicious of Adam, but I'll think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm 
That's interesting news, benkraft. Do you think this is enough to go for lynching Daniel instead of Adam?

In any case, it's clear we're lynching one of them then gravedigging them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 pm 
Adam should definitely be lynched, given the suspicious death at E.T. Also, Daniel has in-game support for having the medkit, and was very willing to be checked out as a power role at the beginning of the game. If we start making up conspiracy theories about many people being mafia and/or conscription, it's more likely to trip us up than help. For tonight, at least, we definitely need to lynch Adam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 pm 
By the way, Michael Mekonnen and Justin Venezuela were both witnesses to Adam's attempted kill. Feel free to contact either of them to confirm my story. I just don't think it really means anything, because I would have been easily able to get them to lie for me if I were mafia.

Likewise, I'm sure Adam did get an np "witness" to "confirm" his story. It means nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 pm 
I posted the evidence because more information is better. I'm still inclined to think it's not worth much, especially since it took him a bit to respond. I'll be voting for Adam based on all the evidence beforehand, but still consider Daniel suspicious.

As for the death at ET, I think it's actually not that suspicious for Adam, just because there are quite a few ET players, and that would be pretty glaringly obvious if it were Adam. It could be they're just trying to let him do the kills since he will die anyway and there will thus be less evidence against others, though. Again, I think this is not particularly strong evidence on either side, so I'll stick to trusting dgrazian. Gravediggers should dig graves, etc. Inspectors should visit ET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 pm 
Agreed, I'm for lynching Adam. He (like Daniel) is a player who would have the presence of mind to immediately counteraccuse after a failed kill and even manipulate the NP's at the scene.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:44 pm 
I am a proxy for a gravedigger. He wants to make it clear that no other gravedigger should dig. If it is determined that a gravedigger should dig, he will dig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:45 pm 
I'm not sure that I agree with the plan of lynching Adam and following up with a gravedig. The death at E.T. really seems to good to be true from a convicting Adam standpoint. It would be relatively easy for an active player at E.T. to see the suspicion against an innocent E.T. player. We'd be spending a ton of resources/effort on a course of action that could easily result in not proving anything, especially if Plant Evidence is used

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 pm 
We have an expected value of 7 gravedigs available. Using one is not wasting one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 pm 
Yeah, I guess I can agree with you. As far as cost goes killing and grave digging a player isn't quite as bad as it looks on paper.
But all of this murder and lynching....I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school...I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:04 pm 
Additionally, a single gravedig pressuring the Mafia to use their only shot at planting evidence may be worthwhile if a more contested death occurs later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:06 pm 
aok wrote:
We have an expected value of 7 gravedigs available. Using one is not wasting one.
Agreed, we have lots of gravedigs and mafia has only the ability to foil one. Might as well make them use it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 pm 
jfrisch tentatively says that the chaos resulted in a mayor and a police officer, but not before 11 PM.