Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 3
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 pm 
Yesterday, Cathy Cappala was killed and Adam Yedidia was lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:42 pm 
*Capalla

Also, can I ask that the gravediggers not dig until tomorrow? I (and probably others) would like to coordinate the gravediggings but I'm going to sleep now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm 
yo, why did Hassan vote to lynch dgrazian?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 pm 
ermain wrote:
yo, why did Hassan vote to lynch dgrazian?

I was about to type roughly the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:00 pm 
That what happens when you log at 10:55 and reads that they might all be Mafia. And since I don't know who is Adam but knows that dgrazian is really good at this, then I said oh yes he must be Mafia then.
Will pay more attention from now on, actually I should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 am 
A gravedigger reports that Adam was a vanilla mafia.

Post subject:

Post subject:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:18 am 
Just to clarify, ermain, did your same post show up 3 times or did 3 grave-diggers gravedig Adam? I'm hoping it was the same post based on the posting times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:52 am 
I'm 99% sure that it was just the same post accidentally being made 3 times. The forum does that occasionally. I don't know why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:46 am 
So apparently Mafia's anti-gravedigging power Plant Evidence only lets them make a person appear Mafia and not say, make a Mafia Adam appear Ironheart as I thought. This narrows things down.

If Adam was Mafia, he will gravedig as Mafia.
If Adam was town (Ironheart) and Mafia used the power, he will gravedig as Mafia.
If Adam was town and the power was not used, he will gravedig as Mafia.

If Adam was town, Mafia would surely use to power to make Mafia Daniel not be lynched. So, getting a Mafia result as the claimed gravedigger found was a given. Not that I mind the gravedigging; we have so many uses of the power to use we might as well check.

Given the prior suspicions and the investigation result, we could just say Adam is Mafia. Or, if we want a nearly surefire result, we could have Mayor Sir Erin Mafia-count. We get two uses of that power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:43 am 
At the point where it is still unclear whether conscription had been used, the only useful result from a mafia count is 3. The mafia may have conscripted, so that it is unclear whether Adamy was actually mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:59 am 
I quite expect to count three Mafia -- Adam was Mafia and no conscript happened. Getting a four would mean either a conscript happened or Adam was not Mafia, which would we be good info to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:06 am 
Miranda Gavrin wrote:
Just to clarify, ermain, did your same post show up 3 times or did 3 grave-diggers gravedig Adam? I'm hoping it was the same post based on the posting times.
The forum does that sometimes. The more annoying thing is it occasionally doesn't post, so if you've written a long message, I'd advise copying it before clicking Post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:21 am 
Also, did I say that an investigator informed me that Adam indeed killed Cathy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:30 am 
ermain wrote:
Also, did I say that an investigator informed me that Adam indeed killed Cathy?

Yes, but it was on the other thread and went seemingly unnoticed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 am 
And yeah that was an accidental post three times T_T

For what it's worth and from what I've heard, the simplest explanation (woo Occam's Razor) is that Adam is Mafia and killed Cathy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:32 am 
And yeah that was an accidental post three times T_T

For what it's worth and from what I've heard, the simplest explanation (woo Occam's Razor) is that Adam is Mafia and killed Cathy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:41 am 
If nothing sketchy occurs today, I propose that tonight we lynch one of the inactive people as decided by RNG in front of 5+ players, because that will either cut some dead weight or encourage them to begin participating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:04 pm 
Cecilia wrote:
If nothing sketchy occurs today, I propose that tonight we lynch one of the inactive people as decided by RNG in front of 5+ players, because that will either cut some dead weight or encourage them to begin participating.

So much for that idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:12 pm 
Too bad about ermain. Well, we got two Mafia down. They must be so frustrated with the endless immunities. I suggest we continue electing Daniel Mayor, then have him count Mafia.