Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:05 am 
At 12:00 noon, we passed in the infinite corridor, and he said bang.

Cathy had used her saint power when she died to protect me. So I am still alive.

Lynch Dalton.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 am 
Lolololol I had messaged Mayor Sir Erin to ask if you had been protected and for whoever was protected to bait a kill.

If you were notified that you were protected by Cathy, now is the time to claim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am 
Unfortunately, I was protected by Cathy, so there is not an obvious counterclaim. I was hoping that he would claim ironheart and it would be easier to check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am 
I don't think I even told Erin that I was protected.

As Miranda and Dalton left et last night with mayor and police petitions in hand, I requested that I be protected by the police officer or watched by the mayor. I then looked in my mailbox and saw the notification that I had been protected by Cathy.

I pm'ed Miranda to tell her that I should not be protected after all. I don't think she got the message, because the message is still in my outbox, rather than my sentbox. I don't believe I told anybody other than Miranda.

But as it turned out, the Police Officer did not protect me. Which turned out quite nicely.

I'd be interested in knowing whether anyone else knew about Cathy protecting me. More relevantly, does anyone know about someone else who definitely knew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:20 am 
I did not tell anybody because I wanted to maximize the chance that the saint protection would catch a mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:28 am 
Miranda will confirm that I sent her the message last night. To lie about this to her would be very risky and with tiny expected reward.

Unless there is a potential scenario that I haven't thought of, this should be an open-and-shut case from the layman's perspective.

Also, I'll be in the building 56 Athena cluster for the next couple hours, working on a 14.12 pset. I won't be checking the mafia forum much, if at all, during that time. But feel free to drop by if you happen to be around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:37 am 
I have to say that, with the events that have transpired, I trust dgrazian a hell of a lot more than Dalton at this point. Also, since I was not protected by Cathy, the logical second choice would be dgrazian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:53 am 
Daniel #1 tank. Gary and Cathy #1 supports. Lynch Dalton of course.