Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dalton is MAFIA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:58 am 
so...
Dalton killed Erin (the Knight) in front of me (in black hole kitchen)
then tried to use the killing streak on me
but I am iron heart and couldn't be killed.

anyway,
let's LYNCH HIM TONIGHT!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:03 pm 
Too bad it was a mafia who was dead anyway who ran into the ironheart.

But I shouldn't complain about too few mafia being caught by immune townies :)

Anyway, Dalton still will likely try to kill another person today. Be warned if you are someone who, for one reason or another, should really not be dying right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:09 pm 
Josh, if this is true, does that mean Killing Streak is used up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 pm 
Miranda has also been killed today. I think this means killing streak has been used up.

FWIW, Dalton just admitted to me that he is mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 pm 
I'm confused -- I'll wait for Josh to post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:36 pm 
IMHO it sounds like the killing streak is not used up until the day is over, attempting to kill the ironheart "does not use up the Mafia’s kill for the day."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm 
Right, but excluding the attempt on Megan, there have been two kills (Erin and Miranda).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:48 pm 
lilychen wrote:
Right, but excluding the attempt on Megan, there have been two kills (Erin and Miranda).

Oh shoot, I just realized one of them might have been a Setting a Trap kill. Nevermind, Killing Streak might still be usable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:50 pm 
Yes, if Miranda is also dead, then that conclusively means that killing streak has been used up.

Excluding situations with the knight or prophet, but no need to even go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:51 pm 
Also, that's too bad. Erin and Miranda were two particularly valuable townies. Which is why Dalton killed them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:54 pm 
Oh shit, you're right Lily. I thought I was forgetting something.

In fact, Dalton quite possibly used set a trap on Erin. He either used set-a-trap or killing streak. Either way, mafia can still (at least potentially) kill today.

Sorry for the derp...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 pm 
Could someone explain how it became public knowledge that Miranda was killed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:59 pm 
My confusion is over whether the following is legal without Set a Trap:

Dalton kills ermains.
Dalton tries to kill mchang02 using Killing Streak, but fails because mchang02 is Ironheart.
Dalton kills Miranda using Killing Streak.

My initial impression is no because the second kill uses up Killing Streak even though it doesn't use up the Mafia's daily kill as per Ironheart. But I could see an interpretation going to other way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:03 pm 
I came back to Random at ~1 PM and saw Miranda's dead body. (As in, I tried to start a conversation with her about the game and she said she was dead.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 pm 
I would rule that your string of moves is legal without set a trap, since you don't need to use killing streak until after you murder someone and the ironheart never gets murdered. Also, so that we have some murder announcement, Miranda was killed in BMF kitchen at 13:00. Since the two of us were the only people in the room at the time, I can only assume she committed suicide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:13 pm 
Dalton Allan wrote:
I would rule that your string of moves is legal without set a trap, since you don't need to use killing streak until after you murder someone and the ironheart never gets murdered. Also, so that we have some murder announcement, Miranda was killed in BMF kitchen at 13:00. Since the two of us were the only people in the room at the time, I can only assume she committed suicide.
The thing is that Dalton would need to use Kill Streak to say "Bang" on mchang02. But given that you're Dalton and probably checked with Josh before doing this, I guess it works the way you say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm 
The thing nagging me is why the person who killed Erin would worry about killing any witnesses. We still have the dame out there and we're already weary of Dalton-- it wouldn't be hard to confirm whether he was the one who did it.

Granted, the attempt on mchang was probably one of convenience. The alternative (that Dalton is innocent and mchang is a Mafia member framing him, implying that dgrazian is the Mafioso involved in the Daniel/Dalton attempted murder earlier) seems to be a riskier move on the Mafia's part.

Speaking of which, the Dame should confirm via proxies that it was Dalton who killed Erin. I can't see any way that that would hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 pm 
Dalton explained that, since he knew he's probably gonna die today, might as well kill Erin (and me cuz I'm the witness).

anyway,
LET'S LYNCH HIM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:47 pm 
It's interesting to realize that I have killed more people in this game than last IAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:53 pm 
Just passed Dalton on my way to Random (he was heading out of Random). He did not appear to try to kill me. I can only assume that, one way or another, the mafia are out of kills for the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:41 pm 
Anthony Lu wrote:
Just passed Dalton on my way to Random (he was heading out of Random). He did not appear to try to kill me. I can only assume that, one way or another, the mafia are out of kills for the day.

Actually, this is false, Dalton could have Set a Trap on ermain, failed a regular kill on Megan, and then, if someone *else* killed Miranda, they could use Killing Streak on someone else. Unlikely but possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:42 pm 
If I'm reading the rules properly, it is still feasible for Dalton to make another kill today.
  • Dalton attempts to kill Daniel, blocked by Saint's Protection (doesn't use kill)
  • Dalton uses Set a Trap on Erin (doesn't use kill)
  • Dalton attempts to kill Megan, blocked by Ironheart skill (doesn't use kill)
  • Dalton murders Miranda (uses kill)
There's still Killing Streak, which has to be done by the same person as the normal kill (Dalton). If there isn't another kill today, it's probably because they couldn't find a target worth spending the one-use skill on, or otherwise decided to save it until later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:47 pm 
I think set a trap is more likely. There's no reason for mafia to use up killing streak. Anyway, we lynch Dalton tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:50 pm 
Dalton didn't use set a trap on Erin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:51 pm 
jk I'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:51 pm 
mchang02, what did you mean by your last two comments?