dirkbeck dirkbeck
dglacia lawhc
julianc jrcontre
virupsg virupsg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 pm 
(If I missed somebody tell me)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 pm 
I heard that in past years when there was a preference for lynching inactive players instead of opting not to lynch. Presumably this is a good thing for us to do since players who received personal emails and still haven't introduced themselves are unlikely to do anything that benefits the town. I also assume that we randomly select the inactive player and warn them in advance.

(the above should not be read as "I think we should lynch an inactive person tonight", although if nothing exciting happens and people agree lynching inactive people is better than not lynching it is my opinion that we should do so).

Any comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:41 pm 
If no one votes tonight, wouldn't it mean Daniel Grazian would be lynched?

"What happens if nobody votes on a day?

The answer follows from the rules as written, but I'll clarify it, as it might not be intuitive.

The result is not (necesarrily) No-Lynch. Rather, no votes is a tie between all options, which consists of the players alive and No-Lynch. This tie is resolved by looking back at which option would have won the vote the previous day. If options tie again on the previous day, those options are tiebroken by the day before that, and so on, until one option is the winner.

If the recurses all the way back to the first day, I'll choose an option at random out of the tied ones still remaining."

I haven't looked it up, but I feel like Daniel had the second most votes at least of these days.

But we can vote no-lynch, too. I think if we don't have a clear candidate and that if we don't want to lynch any inactive players, we should definitely do this. I don't really want to see Daniel Grazian die.

"Another heads-up: You may vote NO-LYNCH instead of voting for a player as your vote for the day. If this option wins, nobody is lynched that day. It wins if it gets a plurality and tiebreaks as other options do.

Voting NO-LYNCH is different from not voting. The Fraudster may have the dead person vote NO-LYNCH, and Mafia may intimidate someone into voting NO-LYNCH."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:56 pm 
I'm a bit fuzzy as to why it's better to lynch inactive players than it is to let the be, as while I understand that they aren't contributing anything, they also aren't doing anything detrimental. I'll probably vote no lynch myself unless something happens to convince me otherwise in the next hour or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:05 pm 
dgrazian is NOT going to be lynched tonight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:15 pm 
I reluctantly agree. Let the mafia make their move. God will ostensibly punish them if they don't kill for an extended period of time. If they don't kill tonight, let's vote no lynch.

We don't have enough time to make an informed lynch decision right now. I don't think we'll be able to reach an informed consensus in the next 45 minutes, and I definitely do not want to be lynch mobbing at 10:45 p.m.

See previous games for how well that worked for the town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 pm 
I think we should lynch either Matt Susskind or Shi-Ke, because I'm more suspicious of them than anyone else.

I'm a bit more suspicious of Matt Susskind, since he seemed like he was deliberately trying to misdirect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:23 pm 
Although having inactive members generally isn't too good for town, two of the existing ones have fake IDs. The fact that nobody really knows who these people are and where they go during the day should keep the IDs from falling into Mafia hands, so I guess there's a silver lining to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 pm 
Again, I'm calling for no lynch, not because I think it's the clear best move (it's probably not), but because it's the easiest option to get consensus on at 10:30 p.m. I don't want to have a frantic scramble when people start reading the forum at 10:45.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 pm 
Again, I'm calling for no lynch, not because I think it's the clear best move (it's probably not), but because it's the easiest option to get consensus on at 10:30 p.m. I don't want to have a frantic scramble when people start reading the forum at 10:45.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:43 pm 
aok wrote:
I think we should lynch either Matt Susskind or Shi-Ke, because I'm more suspicious of them than anyone else.

I'm a bit more suspicious of Matt Susskind, since he seemed like he was deliberately trying to misdirect.

Can you explain why you think so? I personally think Shi-ke has been acting sketchy, but that might just be Shi-ke being Shi-ke...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:11 pm 
Wasn't trying to misdirect, I'm just constantly full of conspiracy theories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:17 pm 
What misdirection are you referring to?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm 
I assumed he meant my super-convoluted-everyone-is-a-mafia theory