A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lynch Shi-Ke!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 pm 
LYNCH SHI-KE!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm 
Not that all-caps and exclamation points aren't convincing in themselves, but why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 pm 
I wouldn't have used all caps like that, but a bunch of us at Random did decide that he would be a good lynch target. He's been acting rather suspiciously, sort of a mix between his normal trollishness, and occasional sincere suggestions that turn out to have been really bad. And he totally had the opportunity to make the kill, and he was seen at the location shortly before the time of death.

So yes, we're planning to lynch him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:22 pm 
I wouldn't have used all caps like that, but a bunch of us at Random did decide that he would be a good lynch target. He's been acting rather suspiciously, sort of a mix between his normal trollishness, and occasional sincere suggestions that turn out to have been really bad. And he totally had the opportunity to make the kill, and he was seen at the location shortly before the time of death.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm 
Yeah, Shi-Ke seems like he's trolling to prevent mafia from being lynched, to prevent police officer and mayor from being elected, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm 
Shit guys, why do you start lynch mobs this late in the day...

I'm investigator, so you guys should have police protection on me so that they don't pull out the big guns on me. Also, being lynched would be pretty bad for everyone. It's pretty clear to the people I've talked to that I'm investigator, so there are numerous people who can confirm this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:29 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:

Do we [have/are aiming to get] a positive Investigator report on him?
I certainly hope that we didn't throw away the only investigation that we could get today on me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:30 pm 
NO. LET'S LYNCH SHI-KE. HE'S FUCKIN SKETCHY.

Post subject:
Can one of them confirm? Also, how do they know that you're inspector, not mafia proxying inspector? (This is always the problem with proxy-chains -- the claimed power roles are safer from mafia, but they're also safer from town.)

Post subject:
There was still like 20 minutes left in the day, I think you should have tried to convince us without revealing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 pm 
That said, I think we should lynch Matt instead. He's clearly the most sketchy person left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:31 pm 
Honestly, Adam, I disagree -- I think it's later than it should be to claim, because people can't react as much, but that's not his fault -- the accusations were very recent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:34 pm 
No, go for no lynch. That's what we were advocating for earlier. Some people probably voted for no lynch. Let's not split votes.

We'll figure out what's going on the shi-ke tomorrow. But I don't want to risk lynching the investigator.

Gary, is shi-ke your investigator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:37 pm 
I'll vote no-lynch because aaaahhhh 11:37 PM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:38 pm 
Voting for mattsusskind is definitely better. He's sketchy. I think we can get enough votes for him, especially if we have dgrazian for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 pm 
Megan, you still haven't explained what prompted your all-caps post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 pm 
Yes, Shi-ke is my investigator.

I think we should vote no lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 pm 
benkraft wrote:
Honestly, Adam, I disagree -- I think it's later than it should be to claim, because people can't react as much, but that's not his fault -- the accusations were very recent.

I don't think revealing before accusations are made against me is a clever strategy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 pm 
Jeez aok, I had one post that was overly paranoid. If anything, your constant harping on wanting to kill me is waaaay more sketchy.

Regardless, I agree with No-Lynch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm 
@shi-ke, exactly what I meant -- I don't think you did anything wrong in timing here. (Unless you're mafia, etc.)