Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 5
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:38 am 
Lot's of stuff happening last night.

Shi-ke, try to survive the day. Then, david, make sure to protect him for Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 pm 
Do we want to have a default inactive to lynch, or are people convinced about one person or another's sketchiness? I know kills give us more info, but it also makes us scramble to try and lynch people at the last minute, so I'd rather not wait for a kill...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:38 pm 
My "sketchy enough to lynch and we have no reason not to" list:
Matt Susskind
James Hobin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:25 pm 
If we want to lynch off the inactive players list I think dglacia was the one dgrazian didn't get to email directly.
My $12.50 for who we lynch if we're going for sketchy people is aok because he told me to change my lynch vote to Matt at the last second, but that could easily have been a miscommunication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:34 pm 
I told aok to get everyone to change their votes back to no-lynch. I didn't want to split votes. If aok had had his way, we would have lynched Matt. Which would have been my second choice.

I was concerned that if several people had cast their votes for shi-ke, splitting between Matt and no-lynch might get shi-ke lynched. This fear, in retrospect, was unwarranted. I wanted to go with no-lynch, because that was the near-consensus earlier in the day, so there were likely people who voted earlier for no-lynch who wouldn't be on the forum to change their vote.

Also, I really didn't want to kill Matt without him having a chance to role-claim.

But Matt seems like a prime lynch target to me today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 pm 
Can people who suspect Matt explain why?

I (and a few others, it seems) have had suspicions about aok. I think aok would be a not unreasonable choice of lynchee tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:54 pm 
Several people have mentioned suspicions about aok, but I haven't heard much of any actual evidence. As far as I can tell there are only two reasons people are suspicious: 1) the disagreement between jk and aok, which now looks like an honest miscommunication under time pressure and 2) aok wants to lynch Matt. I don't understand why wanting to lynch Matt makes aok suspicious; Daniel has pretty much said that he would have wanted to lynch Matt last night if there had been more time to ensure people voted properly and for Matt to claim is innocence. I also have my own reasons to trust aok, but I am not currently willing to make them public.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:06 pm 
kaufmand wrote:
Several people have mentioned suspicions about aok, but I haven't heard much of any actual evidence. As far as I can tell there are only two reasons people are suspicious: 1) the disagreement between jk and aok, which now looks like an honest miscommunication under time pressure and 2) aok wants to lynch Matt. I don't understand why wanting to lynch Matt makes aok suspicious; Daniel has pretty much said that he would have wanted to lynch Matt last night if there had been more time to ensure people voted properly and for Matt to claim is innocence. I also have my own reasons to trust aok, but I am not currently willing to make them public.

1) This was a simple miscommunication
2) The fact that aok wants to lynch somebody is not in and of itself a reason to find him suspicious. We need to lynch in this game. Someone has to suggest something. Matt has made comments like claiming that Adam and I might both be mafia, along with Gary. I think that my previous statement calling Matt a 'prime lynch target' was excessive, but he is a reasonable lynch target.

Also, aok is now near the top of my trust list. I do not want to lynch him at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
kaufmand wrote:

1) This was a simple miscommunication
2) The fact that aok wants to lynch somebody is not in and of itself a reason to find him suspicious. We need to lynch in this game. Someone has to suggest something. Matt has made comments like claiming that Adam and I might both be mafia, along with Gary. I think that my previous statement calling Matt a 'prime lynch target' was excessive, but he is a reasonable lynch target.

Also, aok is now near the top of my trust list. I do not want to lynch him at this point.

Hey look, a sudden sketchy flipflop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:26 pm 
Daniel's investigator found aok innocent. That's certainly evidence, and it's perfectly rational to update on evidence.

That said, one of the following could still be true:
- He's a mafia, but not the one who killed schmolly
- He killed schmolly and used MtP
- Daniel's investigator is lying (i.e. fake claim)
- Daniel is lying (i.e. he was conscripted)
though, in my opinion, all but the first one are rather unlikely moves for the mafia. I'm not sure about the first one; it's possible, but I don't see a reason to believe it over anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 pm 
No deaths during the Random Hall fire drill?
I'm astonished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:08 pm 
Investigators don't find people innocent. They find people not guilty of a particular murder. I don't think that helps us. That said, I still haven't seen anyone advance a decent reason why aok is sketchy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:21 pm 
I'm going to press for lynching Matt Susskind tonight. I don't have any reason to be really suspicious of him. But we should lynch somebody, he's made nonsense posts on the forum, and he's not being particularly helpful.

Now is the time to say if you object.

And Matt, you should reveal your role. You could do it publicly or you can pm a couple people. People who are relatively trustworthy are aok, david, megan, gary, and me. Do this right away though. If you are innocent, you don't want to die with your role unknown to the town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:40 pm 
I think we should be assuming someone's been conscripted either yesterday or today, for what that's worth. dgrazian, I'm looking at you -- I think Mafia would love to have the mayor that everyone trusts be a Mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm 
Also, prophet should come forward to someone who's not a likely conscription target (elected roles, for example).

Also also, we should lynch inactive people before random semi-active townies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 pm 
Also, I would like to use the Mayoral 'Shady Contacts' power, to count the number of mafia remaining. Are people okay with this? This would tell us (or me at least) conclusively whether conscription has been used.

If I were conscripted, it would be very risky for me to falsely claim that there were only two mafia. I'd have to deal with the possibility of a near-future mayor using the power again and contradicting me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:48 pm 
dgrazian, I think it's not as risky as it sounds for you to do that if you're mafia -- to check, we'd have to use are *only* other use of that power. We also still wouldn't know, because someone could have been conscripted in the meantime. I don't think it's worth using the power unless we have someone who's a less likely conscription target. For example, we could elect a mayor and have them *immediately* use the power and post the result, before they could be conscripted.

Also, I random.org-ly selected Dirk Stahlecker as an inactive person without a fake ID to lynch. People should feel free to use their judgement, but don't lynch inactives who started with fake IDs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:49 pm 
Benkraft, you need to specify something more specific than that. We're in the '15 minutes to 11 situation.'

I have no inherent problem with the proposal, though.

Post subject:
Benkraft, you need to specify something more specific than that. We're in the '15 minutes to 11 situation.'

Post subject:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 pm 
If the mafia decide not to kill again tomorrow, I'm all for switching to lynching inactives. It's too late today to do that, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:51 pm 
I don't think it's particularly important to use the mayor power before rather than after the new day, so we can discuss that later. As for lynching, I'm not suggesting much, except telling you how I picked for whom to vote, in case others want to follow my lead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 pm 
benkraft wrote:
Also, I random.org-ly selected Dirk Stahlecker as an inactive person without a fake ID to lynch. People should feel free to use their judgement, but don't lynch inactives who started with fake IDs.

++, if you're going to vote for an inactive let's not split votes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:53 pm 
(that is an "I am also voting for Dirk Stahlecker.")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:55 pm 
Agreed. And future random.org selections should be done in public. (including the one for tomorrow). And after random.org-ly selecting the inactive player we should send them a final email warning them of their pending death, since it's probably still better for them to join the game than for us to lynch them. This email should also request their role (should they choose to die).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:55 pm 
I think we should have Daniel count votes. If we're never going to use that power because Mayor could always be conscripted, it's in effect wasted. We have the threat of impeaching Daniel and someone else checking (I hear a petition is going around, I'd like to sign it).

I'm for lynching Matt Sussking, I don't mind. I'd consider other people but would like more time to discuss if we go for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 pm 
That is, "agreed with Adam". Some posts got in between...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
People who are relatively trustworthy are aok, david, megan, gary, and me. Do this right away though. If you are innocent, you don't want to die with your role unknown to the town.

Why is aok trustworthy? Also, david.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:58 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
People who are relatively trustworthy are aok, david, megan, gary, and me. Do this right away though. If you are innocent, you don't want to die with your role unknown to the town.

Why is aok trustworthy? Also, david.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 pm 
Dirk Stahlecker seems like a good bet. I agree that it's better to have semi-active townies than inactive ones.