A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 7
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:12 pm 
Still waiting for voting results?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:21 am 
So I don't actually understand why people trust aok and kaufmand so much. Anyone care to elaborate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:39 am 
Basically, because they trust each other so much. They won't specify exactly, but they pretty much absolutely trust each other, and they say it is more than intuition (i.e. there is some sort of role information.) I am confident that unless one of them was conscripted, they are either both innocent or both mafia. For now, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. If they are actually both mafia, we'll get them eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:39 am 
Basically, because they trust each other so much. They won't specify exactly, but they pretty much absolutely trust each other, and they say it is more than intuition (i.e. there is some sort of role information.) I am confident that unless one of them was conscripted, they are either both innocent or both mafia. For now, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt. If they are actually both mafia, we'll get them eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:15 pm 
I have used Shady Contacts. There are three mafia left (i.e. conscription has been used.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 pm 
Note than even if Daniel is lying, he must be mafia, which means that he must have been conscripted, which means that conscripted has been used. So we are now 100% sure that conscription has been used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm 
I want to get the inactive players, if nothing else, to publicly state their roles.

They're not doing anything useful for us as is. They'll just eventually die without us getting any information.

The only downside to this that I can think of is that the mafia can use 'set a trap.'

But they've already probably used set a trap on Erin. And they can use it on Megan or shikexue at will. And anyway, I don't think the mafia are going to go out of their way to kill players who aren't doing anything.

Depending on what their role is, we might be able to nudge them to get involved in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm 
I want to get the inactive players, if nothing else, to publicly state their roles.

They're not doing anything useful for us as is. They'll just eventually die without us getting any information.

The only downside to this that I can think of is that the mafia can use 'set a trap.'

But they've already probably used set a trap on Erin. And they can use it on Megan or shikexue at will. And anyway, I don't think the mafia are going to go out of their way to kill players who aren't doing anything.

Depending on what their role is, we might be able to nudge them to get involved in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 pm 
I just sent a message to the complete inactives telling them to do what I described above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm 
Mad Scientist:

You should have collected five bodies by now. Either way, once you collect the bodies (ASAP) choose a person to give ironheart abilities to. I would very, very much like to have the 'donation.' It would be great if you could give it to me with probability, say, 40-50% That will leave the mafia guessing.

You should absolutely give your identity to whoever you give ironheart protection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:53 pm 
I welcome prophet confirmation at this point. Given that conscription has occurred, prophet confirmation would make me a confirmed innocent (minus whatever crazy conspiracy theories people might think of...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:59 pm 
I agree that you should be prophet'd as soon as possible. Having you become a confirmed innocent would be super great. If you're mafia, though, that would suck... but not that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 pm 
Advice: Investigators investigate whom they choose without taking advice from others. You are the only ones you can completely trust. Don't even both coordinating to check that you investigate different things. Otherwise, a false or conscripted investigator can say the guilty mafia is not guilty, knowing that this will not be checked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:11 pm 
Advice: Investigators investigate whom they choose without taking advice about choices from others. You are the only ones you can completely trust. In a previous game, Mafia Dgrazian completely nullified an investagator by giving advice on whom to check.

Don't even both coordinating to check that you investigate different things. Otherwise, a false or conscripted investigator can say the guilty mafia is not guilty, knowing that this will not be checked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:58 pm 
Just to avoid a last-minute oh-shit-lets-no-lynch like yesterday if nothing comes up tonight, I resubmit my proposal to lynch an inactive.
Alex wrote:
I arbitrarily propose lynching DGlacia, who has never posted or voted, because he has microphone 7. Then, hopefully it randoms to someone active so it can be paired with receiver 7 which benkraft started with. This looks like our best hope for a M/R pair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:03 pm 
I'm also voting for DGlacia (unless important stuff happens)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm 
By the way, I would support Daniel being Prophet checked at any time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:10 pm 
I am okay lynching dglacia.

Dglacia, what is your role?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:33 pm 
Investigators, make sure you've done you investigation today.

Mad-scientist, have your invention ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 pm 
Dglacia it is, I guess...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 pm 
I must say, I'm a little bit bored with this game of LA Mafia. I think part of it has to do with the amount of information available to game from all the jobs. I want more doubt. And more forum chat.