Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 9
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:24 am 
Someone's gotta make these threads if dgrazian's dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:13 pm 
Maybe we could get someone to channel his soul?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:17 pm 
Huh, two fake ID votes for aok...

Interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm 
He's revealed as superhero, so it's no surprise that Mafia would like him dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:44 pm 
Yes, but that means that the Mafia are in possession of two Fake IDs. Two are in the hands of (what we assume to be) inactive players, so it's more likely that they Mafia managed to get their hands on the other two. The one thing we can say with a degree of certainty is that they weren't redistributed by a corrupt cop using searches to snag them off civvies.

JennyNotJennifer started with one as did lilychen. Jenny, can you vouch for where your ID is? Did we ever find out who got lilychen's ID post-murder?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:50 pm 
Huh. That is really weird because I know where my ID is, and I'm pretty sure that s/he isn't mafia. Admittedly that's a pretty flimsy excuse, and I could have been lied to, but if that person is mafia, then I would be both sad and really, really, really confused.

Maybe one of our inactives isn't as inactive as we think they are? I mean, given how it was pretty obvious Sibyani was going to get lynched, you have to wonder why the mafia would vote for aok, other than to go 'haha, we have two fake ids in our possession!' That seems a bit fishy to me. Then again, no idea why anyone would want to fake inactiveness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 pm 
For the people at Random - I'll leave a petition to make me mayor and mchang police officer in Black Hole Kitchen. I can't make a run to ET tonight, but I might be able to tomorrow.

I propose we also pick an inactive at random and lynch. The easiest pair of lynches to make are marshacw then xnie, in the hopes of getting their microphone/receiver pairs to people who can actually use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:48 pm 
(accidentally posted in wrong tab)
Arbitrary inactive would get my vote, at the very least we need to make petitions not require a 90% supermajority.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:50 pm 
i propose marshacw for the reason above. Microphone would be better in an active's hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:55 pm 
Jenny Not Jennifer wrote:
Huh. That is really weird because I know where my ID is, and I'm pretty sure that s/he isn't mafia. Admittedly that's a pretty flimsy excuse, and I could have been lied to, but if that person is mafia, then I would be both sad and really, really, really confused.

The train of events you propose seems reasonable, but beyond that I have no reason to believe it. If the person who you gave it to could do something involving revealing via proxies/trusted townies so that we would know that that ID isn't in Mafia hands, that'd be great. I can't think of a specific protocol to do so, and I don't have time to propose one as I will be AFK within the next few minutes.

I'm voting for marshacw, provided that nothing happens between now and 10:50.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:00 pm 
Cecilia wrote:

The train of events you propose seems reasonable, but beyond that I have no reason to believe it. If the person who you gave it to could do something involving revealing via proxies/trusted townies so that we would know that that ID isn't in Mafia hands, that'd be great. I can't think of a specific protocol to do so, and I don't have time to propose one as I will be AFK within the next few minutes.

I have sufficient evidence to believe that the ID isn't in mafia hands, so we may actually want to vote for the inactives with IDs, unless the mafia are trying to frame the person.

new plan: vote for julianC, so that his ID goes somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:01 pm 
shikexue wrote:
Cecilia wrote:

I have sufficient evidence to believe that the ID isn't in mafia hands, so we may actually want to vote for the inactives with IDs, unless the mafia are trying to frame the person.

The line of logic here is that the mafia is masquerading as an inactive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:11 pm 
shikexue wrote:
shikexue wrote:
Cecilia wrote:

The line of logic here is that the mafia is masquerading as an inactive.

We get informed of where items go after a lynching occurs, right? In which case I support this idea. It wouldn't really, hurt, would it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:41 pm 
I'm for this plan. Even if julianc isn't mafia and his fake ID was redistributed to the mafia, they can only use one ID per person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:59 pm 
Hmm, interesting idea. Is there any conceivable reason why a non-mafia would fake vote for aok? If not (and I can't think of one that isn't super sketchy), I'm for this plan as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 pm 
Nathan, Liz, and I plan to confirm tomorrow that aok is Politician, as dgrazian had planned.
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Aok has claimed Politician. Let's lynch him tonight to test this theory.

Since aok has claimed to actually be Superhero, we will be doing this tomorrow so as to allow him to choose to be Politician. aok has been informed of this plan in person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:22 pm 
Confirming with Alex that this is our plan. Tomorrow, lynch aok. aok, become politician tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 pm 
Ehrm, despite the rules saying otherwise, Josh posted a thread saying one person can use multiple Fake IDs...

Lynching julianc is a less good idea now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 pm 
Josh Frisch wrote:
in case this was not clear, you can use multiple fake ids per person.
Josh, do you intend to be changing the rule here? The rules doc says "A player may hold any number of Fake ID’s, but may cast a vote with no more than one Fake ID each day," as it's been for previous games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm 
this was discussed pre-game, it may have never been made clear but the decision is made...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:42 pm 
Oh wow julianc was killed. Yay the mafia have five votes now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:48 pm 
Alibis? Liz, Nathan, and I are at ET.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 pm 
Investigators, please go over to wherever the kill site is and investigate if at all possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:02 pm 
My alibi: psetting/being tutored/tutoring at 12-124 with some assorted frosh who were equally as baffled by number 6 on the 8.01 pset.

It may be difficult to get any investigations in before tomorrow, especially since we don't know where the kill site was yet.

Failing a positive investigation report, who are we going to lynch? Continue with the original plan of an inactive, lynching either marshacw, xnie (for their mic/receivers) or virupsg (so that we at least know where their ID goes, and to have greater chances of it not falling into Mafia hands)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 pm 
I'm for virupsg. Given the Fake ID rules change, keeping them out of Mafia hands is very important, and the Mafia have clearly shown that they value getting their hands on Fake ID's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 pm 
That was what I was leaning towards as well. That'll also mean that we know where at least one of the fake IDs is, and that if they all start voting in accordance with the Mafia's agenda, we'll know one person to go after.

That, and there's the slight chance that one of the Mafia tried to fake being inactive for whatever reason.

I'm really wishing that the IDs were still numbered at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:13 pm 
I'd lynch virupsg in hopes of getting the Fake IDs away from the mafia...

All we need is for it to magically end up with them anyways >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 pm 
Definitely lynch virupsg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:30 pm 
Also, the mafia probably have 5 votes now. If they kill an active tomorrow, they can guarantee top 2 if they work together. I'm being ironheart, not politician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 pm 
aok, I'm continuing the lynch mob against you whether you choose politician or not. You're really blatantly trying to talk your way out of a politician test. If Mafia uses Fake ID's to lynch you, we get a Mafia, and I'm fine with the trade.