All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lynch aok
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm 
I am investigator, he killed julianc.

Sorry, aok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm 
I stand corrected -- forgive me.

Also, this is a friendly PSA that people, including me, often get convinced by the people they talk to in person, and therefore that we should talk to people who aren't in our living groups.

Also also, this makes Shi-Ke look really sketchy to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 pm 
Damn, responses that happen too fast.

I made benkraft police officer as soon as I saw lua's post. Protecting him is not an unreasonable thing to do for tomorrow.

It is reasonable that I seem sketchy for defending aok. As it turns out, we've talked to each other for a long time over the course of the mafia game, which creates a reasonable amount of trust with him. That said, a killing spree is still possible given what aok knows, so distancing yourself from aok may be good.

That said, I am now the mayor, so I can count mafia after the lynch. If aok was an innocent, we can easily lynch lua, at which point we know there is only one mafia left, and counting mafia wouldn't matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 pm 
Oh, incidentally, confirming that lua is investigator to the best of my knowledge.

I think the more important reason you're sketchy, Shi-Ke, is that you claimed to have been attacked, while aok knew you were ironheart, and thus the Mafia should have known not to attack you. (I'm fine with you defending aok -- he was being quite convincing, so I respect that he could have convinced you too. But the ironheart thing is serious.) Any defense to that?

I agree mayor should count Mafia, but I'm a bit worried that you're Mafia and will (effectively) claim that aok was not mafia. FWIW, if you do that, I will probably vote to lynch you, rather than lua.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:19 pm 
Also, aok was the one who told us Jenny not Jennifer's fake ID is in good hands. This could be worrying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:23 pm 
Everyone,
Last night, I decided that since everyone was expecting me to be ironheart today after I announced it, it would be better for me to be investigator. I told lua and Shi-Ke this, and Shi-Ke will confirm it. I was trying to coordinate with lua who to investigate today, so I held off on actually using my investigation. Right after lua announced that he found me guilty of killing jcontre, I went to use my investigation on him, and found that lua killed jcontre.

At about 2 PM, lua went to Simmons. But, he held off until 10 PM to announce I was mafia. Why? Because he's relying on a last-second lynch mob that I can't do anything about. If I were lying, I would have announced that lua made the kill before he announced anything, or I would have announced that Alex killed Liz without actually making that investigation.

If lua were lying, what would his best strategy be? Exactly what he is doing right now. Make a last-minute post that I'm mafia, and then use time pressure to make sure the mafia make the wrong decision.

Shi-Ke suggests that we lynch both of us, using count mafia after the first is lynched. I suggest we lynch LUA now, and then use count mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 pm 
aok wrote:
Everyone,
Last night, I decided that since everyone was expecting me to be ironheart today after I announced it, it would be better for me to be investigator. I told lua and Shi-Ke this, and Shi-Ke will confirm it. I was trying to coordinate with lua who to investigate today, so I held off on actually using my investigation. Right after lua announced that he found me guilty of killing jcontre, I went to use my investigation on him, and found that lua killed jcontre.

At about 2 PM, lua went to Simmons. But, he held off until 10 PM to announce I was mafia. Why? Because he's relying on a last-second lynch mob that I can't do anything about. If I were lying, I would have announced that lua made the kill before he announced anything, or I would have announced that Alex killed Liz without actually making that investigation.

If lua were lying, what would his best strategy be? Exactly what he is doing right now. Make a last-minute post that I'm mafia, and then use time pressure to make sure the mafia make the wrong decision.

Shi-Ke suggests that we lynch both of us, using count mafia after the first is lynched. I suggest we lynch LUA now, and then use count mafia.

Confirming that aok told me he would choose investigator, and that I told him at around 2PM that I had visited Simmons.

I didn't post until now because I didn't investigate until now. I had psets and an ESP meeting and stuff to print at Copytech, and I also wasn't sure who to inspect because I was half convinced by aok (and I nearly investigated Cecelia instead).

He is lying, and this is his last-second defense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:31 pm 
The most trollsy thing that could happen is that aok is conscripted superhero and pretended to pick investigator while actually picking politician for today.

I wouldn't put it past him though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:33 pm 
Thanks for confirming. Now everyone vote aok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:44 pm 
Okay you know what? Fuck secrecy, I tried that and I'm pretty sure I managed to screw us all over somehow. So I'm just going to get this info out there right now. I had the fake id all along but this morning I met up with shike and handed it over to him.

When I found out mafia had two IDs I knew there was trouble because I still had mine and hadn't used it. I chose two people to contact, thinking that even if one of them was mafia, they couldn't just up and kill me without warning because the other would know. I chose shike and aok. Oops.

I was then contacted by Alex who wanted to know where the ID was. I was sketched out by this because I knew one of the inactives had lost their ID and Alex was involved in choosing inactives to lynch. Thus I met up with shike this morning to petition sign and hand over my fake ID. I then told Alex I still had the ID. He is the one that confirmed that 4th ID is still in safe hands. That is no longer a safe assumption.

If Aok really is mafia, he knew about the fact that I transferred my ID to shike yet chose not to kill him for it. I think this means they are in cahoots (I like that word). If, however, my original feelings were correct and Alex was mafia, I really have no idea what they are thinking, other than he is getting desperate for some reason, and Alex told me to hand off my ID to someone, with liz being one of the people he mentioned. Though that still seems like a poor reason to kill her at this point in the game.

tl;dr fake ID 4 is likely in mafia hands now. I am bad at making failsafes. Also sorry if I ended up killing us all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm 
benkraft wrote:

Also, this is a friendly PSA that people, including me, often get convinced by the people they talk to in person, and therefore that we should talk to people who aren't in our living groups.

Let's remember this for future games. It was my fault though that I didn't make the effort to come to Random and talk in person more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:47 pm 
benkraft wrote:

Let's remember this for future games. It was my fault though that I didn't make the effort to come to Random and talk in person more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:48 pm 
Is it possible to get another signature on a petition for me for Police Officer? Shi-Ke says he had one but it failed because hobinjk died, so it needs another person. If anyone can be that signature, please let us know. I'd like to grab Fake IDs from sketchy people and give them to less sketchy people, plus protecting someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 pm 
Do you just need one signature? I'm at ET so I probably can't make it over before today ends.

If only we had Stop the Clocks! (Is there a trick to extend the day?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:59 pm 
I still extend my offer to be CP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 pm 
Please impeach Shi-Ke, elect a Police Officer, take away all Fake ID's from Shi-Ke.

Unless benkraft turns out to be making up his apology is is just Mafia.