Mollie m2w
Nolan nolanrei
Pravi pravinas
Sammy sammyluo
Vitaly vito
Yannick yyao1

Post subject: Re: Useful Information
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:55 pm 
Useful clarification: shovels (the item that lets you find out the alignment and starting role of a player) only work on dead players.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:30 pm 
If you are a new player and feel like you would like an experienced player to bounce ideas with, let me know. We have an awesome alum community, and I can get you in contact with an experienced live action mafia player that can try to help you. They will of course keep all of your role information secret, and in general won't interact with the game at all apart from the direct line of contact with you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:55 pm 
I have changed a technicality about Guardian Angels. Their death will be reported just like any other death, including their time and location. The death is not distinguishable from any other kill, and Parallel Killers are free to make kills using their time and location.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:06 pm 
"Their location" meaning the location of the guardian angel that dies at the same time as the original kill attempt?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:10 pm 
m2w wrote:
"Their location" meaning the location of the guardian angel that dies at the same time as the original kill attempt?

Yes. Nothing is said about the original kill attempt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:30 pm 
Um like what is point of coin, can't you like use google's built in coin flipper (presumably what mods are using) or in truly desperate situations an actual physical coin?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:32 pm 
Something for pickpockets to steal.

Maybe next game there should be money instead (with no way to spend it).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:46 pm 
Rules clarifications:

If A curses B on day n and day n+1 and B is killed on day n+2, A still gets a set investigation on B's death.
If A curses B on day n and day n+1 and B is killed on day n+3, A gets only one set investigation on B's death .
For splitter, "usable the following day" means only on that day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 pm 
More Rules Clarifications! (Keep sending us questions on the rules. They could use some patching.)

Mafia/PKs can set traps anywhere at any time, however, if the trap sticks (they guess the role correctly), they must then go to the trapped player and kill them in person with a bang. GAs will still die in the place of a trapped and guarded player.

I GA death has no killer, so if a cursed GA dies from guarding, the killer does not get another use of bang. Players will still get investigations, but note that they may not be very useful.

If you are roleblocked, you can still respond to incants and say "I do not die" or "I plead guilty".

Some people have been wondering about the distribution of roles in game. They are something ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:29 pm 
The rules say [1] that a parallel killer may not parallelize with another kill of their own; I assume the announcement "Parallel killers may now..." was not intended to override this (if applicable) or to indicate that today's kill was not made by a parallel killer. Rather, it should be interpreted as "Parallel killers, you may make kills in these places/times, UNLESS you know that this was your kill and so doesn't count for parallelizing". Am I correct?
(Of course, if some parallel killer A made today's kill, A may still kill between 12:25-13:25 by parallelizing with the day 1 kill.)

[1] "A parallel kill must be made with a specific other kill to parallelize with. This other kill must be made by a different player, but within half an hour of the time-of-day OR at the same location (i.e. close enough that it’d be reported vaguely as the same) that the parallel kill is made."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:44 pm 
BTW, I hope every player only puts his/her own name in the "Who are you" field of the voting form.

This should be added to Don’t Break Game section of the rules.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 pm 
vito: putting someone else in that field is definitely illegal. If it's not explicitly outlawed, it's at least an instance of anonymous communication

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:37 am 
When a GA dies in the middle of the day, the person they are guarding continues to be guarded until the end of the day. (I don't think gods can resolve timing and information issues otherwise unless someone has advice for how to do it in future games).

The rules mention something called a "stalker". This is a role that has existed in the past but does not exist now. You can ignore it. As for whether you can stalk people irl, I'll trust you to use good judgement. Don't do anything that people will be uncomfortable with. Be reasonable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:50 am 
Also, gods have classes and might be slow this afternoon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:17 am 
Will the person who get trapped be notified of the trap?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:33 am 
No, trapped people do not get notified.