Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 Death 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:23 pm 
jamb died at 12:54 in E52-164.

Parallel killers can now make a kill in E52-1 or anytime from 12:24 to 1:24

There was a typo in the original announcement. The death was in E52, not E62.

Post subject: Re: Day 3 Death 2
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:24 pm 
still in 5.12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:25 pm 
Arrived at 6.009 rec at 4-370, waiting for class to start.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:28 pm 
I was either walking to E18 for a meeting with my writing advisor at 13:30 or had just arrived. Left from Random at about 12:43 (saw Casey there; she should be able to confirm this).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:29 pm 
Me and Luke can alibi each other

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:30 pm 
jason this alibi and your alibi for day 3 death 1 dont make sense together?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:32 pm 
Was still in building 4 waiting for 18.01A to start.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:34 pm 
ksedlar and I are still in ET and pravinas was still here at that time as well. They should be able to alibi me as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:37 pm 
in my room on pi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 pm 
Walking to 6.036 in 34-501.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:55 pm 
I was asleep at ET. At around 1:10, I encountered Adam and Pravi at ET, and so I think it's extremely unlikely that either of them did it. Sometime around 1:30-1:40, I heard Dgrazian talking on the phone in Trap (I also know he was awake until 6 am last night, so I believe that Lily's call woke him up). Dgrazian has also out and around for about 10 minutes now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm 
Was in Random, can confirm I saw Jason around 12:43

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:56 pm 
I was asleep at ET in trap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:57 pm 
was working in 36-8xx lobby, and still here

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:13 pm 
@Lucy yeah, sorry about that, the other one was supposed to be 12:32/12:35, but I made typos.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:21 pm 
I was waking up from my nap in 34-3 and heading to squash. I set an alarm for 12:55 to wake up, so I was still asleep at the exact time of death.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:04 pm 
I had just left W20 and was on my way to music theory in 4-364. I made it to music theory at around 1.02-1.03 (you could try asking Nolan Peard), but don't know where E52 is, let alone the time it would take me to run from it to 4-364. If I made the kill I'd have to leave lunch at around 12.45, which means that it would be silly for me to try to find people in W20 at 12.40 (see previous alibi). Doubly silly because I thought that Jason would be at lunch until I got there.

Basically, if I made this kill I would also have to be lying about my alibi for the earlier one, and it would be a silly and super risky thing for me to do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:26 pm 
Yeah, I definitely alibi Mendel; *maybe* he could have snuck away to make the earlier kill, but no way did he make this one. (Reminder of what I said in other thread: we're both in 18.904 in building 2, and I saw him as class was ending.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:35 pm 
I've been at ET, not watching forums all day

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:07 pm 
This is a very interesting kill! Who would go out of their way to E52? I know. jasonlam has class at E51-372 from 1pm to 2:30pm on Wednesdays. This would give him the perfect opportunity to make the strike. If not, I suspect it's someone who could travel that reasonably far. No mafia from a dorm like Maseeh would travel that far unless they had a purpose. This leads me to suspect that the person either had a purpose around the E52 surrounding building or had some car to be able to transport there easily (even with a bike it's not worth the effort).

If it's not jasonlam, then it must either be someone in the economics department in this game or a member of ET (who can be transported via car).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:18 pm 
Jackie is very high profile, and so anyone (especially anyone who's played before) would possibly go as far as ET or the like to kill Jackie (I believe something like that has happened before, with someone biking to and form ET for a high profile kill)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:25 pm 
This is a good point, @jasonlam please claim an alibi/other evidence that you did not perform this kill. Otherwise I think this is the best execution target.

Other targets include jasonye since his alibi doesn't make sense (the kill happened at 12:54 and he uses a writing workshop at 1:30??), however it seems unlikely he would have been able to get all the way to E52 from random in 10 minutes. Also brunnerj says mayars is sketchy if jamb died, but I think mayars has a reasonable alibi for this kill.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:37 pm 
@python I wasn't using a writing workshop as an alibi; I was just describing everything I did around the time of the kills.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:39 pm 
I think jasonlam should be investigated but dont think being near to the kill site should be reason enough to execute him. E52 isn't actually that far? Google maps claims its a 15 min walk from Maseeh (I think it would personally take me more time but whatever) Like it's far enough that I usually dont wander there by accident but would I go out of my way to E52 to make a kill? "heck yeah" Also if anyone wanted to drive there they'd have to get someone else to drive them because i dont think there's any reliable parking. So most likely Uber/Lyft which anyone could do.

Jasonye has a reasonable alibi? It's maybe a little sketch that he was so insistent on people knowing he was at random 9 minutes before the kill happened. However we should only investigate/execute him if we think he would be able to get to e52 from random in 9 minutes (I think this would require a perfectly timed car or a bike/scooter)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 pm 
That mayars has a good alibi doesn't mean we should ignore that she should be sketchy for jamb dying. If she had role info about jamb and is mafia, her mafia buddies could make a trap kill just as easily.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:30 pm 
I disagree with hantoa about how hard it is to get to E52 / how far people are willing to go for mafia reasons.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:56 pm 
I revealed my role to Jackie, and she knew it for sure. That is why I am somewhat sketchy for her dying.

I also point out that Jackie is simply an experienced player who is good for mafia to kill when she is town.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:03 pm 
oops I've been out of it all day today and didn't check forums until now

yes, my alibi is incredibly weak because this was when I was about to head out from EC to E51, but I think investigators have already gotten to investigating me?