Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Linus was town
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:28 pm 
If Lucy killed Margarita but framed Linus, then yes, a pair investigation would have a 50/50 chance of being Lucy or Linus.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm 
I'm really confused as to why Linus, if he's town, did not realize that Lucy must have done the kill. He maintained his alibi for Lucy, so if he's town then he must really believe that someone else did the kill. That and the pair investigate suggest that someone else framed Linus. And how did this other person know to frame Linus? Did they see him near the kill site or something? I guess this is very plausible.

Now I'm wondering if it's possible for Linus to have been town and made the kill. But no, planeswalkers can't have had enough points by then and he couldn't have been zombified yet, and I think those are the only ways for town to kill?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:30 pm 
Alternatively Linus could be really unlucky: 1/8 odds aren't sounding so bad now since it seems that something far-fetched has happened regardless.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:33 pm 
What if Lucy and Linus were both town and somebody else capitalized on the beef?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 pm 
I mean, it's totally possible that Linus and Lucy were both town and that all three coin flips just happened to go badly for Linus. The only way anybody could've capitalized on the beef would be to fake one of the three investigations against Linus I think?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 pm 
lukesci wrote:
@Julian yes. (that might be a bug in the rules...oops)

Not that I don't believe you, I just want to be 100% sure: can a mod (or like, anyone who knows for sure, maybe luke does) confirm that children can only tamper with shovels when they use the "bang" incant to kill them? It would be very good play for a mafia child to vote to execute Linus and tamper with the body (maybe voting to execute counts as killing...), and then get someone to shovel Linus, resulting in a very confused town... and I want to make sure that mafia cannot do this.

Also, how long does a pair investigator have to frame somebody after the kill? Do they have to do it right away?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:46 pm 
Julian wrote:
lukesci wrote:
@Julian yes. (that might be a bug in the rules...oops)

Not that I don't believe you, I just want to be 100% sure: can a mod (or like, anyone who knows for sure, maybe luke does) confirm that children can only tamper with shovels when they use the "bang" incant to kill them? It would be very good play for a mafia child to vote to execute Linus and tamper with the body (maybe voting to execute counts as killing...), and then get someone to shovel Linus, resulting in a very confused town... and I want to make sure that mafia cannot do this.

Also, how long does a pair investigator have to frame somebody after the kill? Do they have to do it right away?

Quoted from the rule:

Once per game, if you kill a player, you may “plant evidence” on that player, changing their alignment or role or both (to an alignment or role of your choice that exists in the rules) for the purpose of Shovel results.

So I assume a child can only change the shovel result if he/she is the killer, and execution won't count.

Not sure about PI, but I would assume that they would include the frame along with the kill report.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:48 pm 
From Lucy and Linus's descriptions it seems very unlikely that Lucy made this kill, as then Lucy would have needed to run ahead of Linus away from their class towards 66, where Linus was the one running ahead. Also for what it's worth during the town meeting Lucy gave me a very town vibe. It also seems more likely that mafia saw Lucy's suspicion and capitalized on it than that Lucy was part of this scheme, because Lucy initially alibid both of them instead of immediately making the accusation.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 pm 
gurev wrote:
From Lucy and Linus's descriptions it seems very unlikely that Lucy made this kill, as then Lucy would have needed to run ahead of Linus away from their class towards 66, where Linus was the one running ahead. Also for what it's worth during the town meeting Lucy gave me a very town vibe. It also seems more likely that mafia saw Lucy's suspicion and capitalized on it than that Lucy was part of this scheme, because Lucy initially alibid both of them instead of immediately making the accusation.

Exactly, but the framing would have had to happen before anyone had any idea that Lucy would suspect Linus. And the true killer made no effort to make Linus look suspicious for hours after the kill? So like, I don't think Linus was even framed. So I see two possibilities left really:

- Linus is the most unlucky town ever, and mafia really hit the lottery here
- laberca is lying

Honestly the second seems more likely? Anyone want to give me a more compelling narrative? Because it doesn't make too must sense for laberca to lie here, especially when someone with another shovel could check (but probably won't).

EDIT: it occurs to me that Linus doesn't need to be THAT unlucky: after Lucy came out against Linus, the investigations could have been faked.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:03 pm 
If laberca were lying, what would they gain from it? I don't understand it. I think the RNG's just messing with us, or even more plausibly, some of the investigations are made-up.