vito mayars
yyao1 Lucy
(all other votes are self-votes)

Items redistributed:
yyao1 got a FakeID
gurev got a shovel handle

Post subject: Re: Day 4 Start
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:15 pm 
Fuck, I forgot to vote, I was doing dishes. I was going to vote for Lucy but looks like it wouldn't have affected things.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:27 pm 
So mayars started with a crystal ball and ended up with a fake ID and a shovel handle... She claims to have ger CB pickpocked though. Is it generally the case that mafia will transfer his/her items to other people if he/she is about to be executed? If so then she is probably a town or PK (possibly pickpocketer herself?)

Also how to use a fake ID? Do I have to physically give it to someone to get a signature?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:31 pm 
Pickpocket alpha claims to have pickpocketed a Crystal Ball from mayars, thus corroborating her story. Of course, they could both be mafia...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:33 pm 
So mayars role-claimed to me something that was not pickpocket. Does anyone have any explanation for how Maya ended up with the items she had?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:37 pm 
Well, the fake ID gets passed around pretty naturally, but it seems like she should have given it away before she died... where does the shovel handle come from though? laberca, you didn't give her one did you?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:38 pm 
No, I still have mine. Someone else must have used theirs and never announced it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:42 pm 
Assuming that mayars has not been actively trading items it seems like the most likely explanation is that she is a PK. Nolanrei had a shovel at the beginning, so that could confirm this possibility.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:43 pm 
OK, well it seems like the most likely conclusion is that she got the shovel from killing nolan, which means I'm very wrong and she was mafia.

The three players who started with a fake ID are all still alive and haven't claimed to ever been pickpocketed, so one of them must have passed it to her.

Also of note is that Linus died without any items, which means that if Linus killed margarita, he passed the hymnal to somebody else before being executed.

On the other hand mayars would be strictly better off passing items to her mafia buddies? Unless she's a parallel killer? Or she wants us to think that?

EDIT: sniped by yannick a bit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:47 pm 
If she was a PK, why didn't she pass the items to a suspicious person? Seems like it would be better than letting them fall to random people.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 pm 
I was thinking a similar thing. In particular, it seems strange that a town Maya would have used a shovel without telling anyone the result. The fact that she has a shovel (matching Nolan) and the fact that she didn't transfer her items does make her look a lot more like a PK than like a mafia. I am confused about where the fake id came from though.

It's also possible for items to arrive into game via hymnal ceremonies, but Maya did not attend the public one that has happened so far.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:50 pm 
laberca wrote:
If she was a PK, why didn't she pass the items to a suspicious person? Seems like it would be better than letting them fall to random people.

She'd have to find a suspicious person in-person in the last hour or so of the day in which it became clear she would probably be lynched. Whereas mafia can just pass items to each at will without meeting each other.

Can we just claim the full history of the fake IDs? I see little reason not to. They started with ObitoSigma, brunnerj, and jasonye.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 pm 
The name on the shovel handle is not Nolan, which is consistent with this theory.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm 
Gurev, you should tell us the name on the shovel handle, and then give it to other people so they can confirm.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm 
Josh and Jason said that they did not give their fake ids to Maya. Hantoa, did you pass your id to Maya?

Gurev, what was the name on the shovel handle?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:05 pm 
Also, people have been speculating about whether gods may have dropped any extra items as part of the rebalancing that happened during evictions. So, it could be useful to know if anyone has gotten any bonus items from gods dropping things.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 am 
The name on the shovel handle was jamb. In particular, Nolan did not use the shovel. The shovel being used, and nobody told the result, is extremely surprising in a world where mayars is town, so this is a lot of evidence for her being a PK.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:28 am 
Gods confirmed that secret item drops are not within the domain of possibilities. So we need another explanation for mayar's mysterious fake id.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:55 am 
I really don't understand digging up Jackie, it was pretty clear Jackie was town and role info would be weak at best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:03 am 
The only reasons I can think of for Maya to use the shovel is a) to keep town from using it which I think is the most likely reason and b) if she knew who killed Jackie and wanted to determine if they were mafia so she could ally with them as PK which seems unlikely.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 am 
Fake ID gets passed around a lot I guess, so mayars might just got it from someone.

(Should I reveal the names on the ID when I received it?)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:10 am 
@yyao1 I don't see a reason not to reveal that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:51 am 
At this point I am very convinced mayars was PK due to the following evidence:

1) she was in possession of a shovel, which she could have taken from Nolan
2) This shovel had jamb's name on it which is very unlikely for a townie since jamb was almost surely town
3) This shovel was used without announcing investigation results, also very unlikely for town
4) mayars claimed roleblocked d2 explaining why there was only one PK kill that day AND explaining why mayars was not able to make a double kill on d3 via cursing

So in this scenario we likely have 4 mafia, 1 PK, and 1 conscript left (unless it's been used already)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 am 
lukesci wrote:
@yyao1 I don't see a reason not to reveal that.

The ID had Julian's name and ObitoSigma's signature. I received this info after I assumed that it is empty, wrote my own name, signed under it, and gave it to Julian though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:15 am 
ObitoSigma, did you sign this fake ID? If so, do you know how mayars ended up with it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:23 am 
yyao1, you made that decision under the information that it was empty... I would assume that since the mods didn't tell you that you can keep my name on it :)

I'm kinda surprised somebody put my name on it?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:56 pm 
why is ObitoSigma's self-vote distinguished from the other self-votes? does that mean he actively sent in a form with his own name or was it an accident or what?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:04 pm 
I think he probably did actively vote for himself, though I don't think weshould look too much into it. He's probably just trolling.