Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:59 pm 
I don't think he's acting as town-like as usual. In particular, he was looking at his phone a lot during a game of minions from roughly 9:30-11:30, and claimed immediately afterwards to have not seen the lynch result, though I'm pretty sure he looked at his phone after day rollover.

On the other hand, he advocated voting for mayars, who is definitely sketchy -- but if mayars were mafia, she would have given her items to the other mafia before being lynched, so it's likely she's PK, in which case dgrazian wouldn't know not to get her lynched.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am 
I am well-aware of the dangers of seeming suspicious due to paying excessive attention to my phone. I've run into severe trouble doing it as mafia before, and I (would hope that) I would not do again.

I was trying to follow the forum closely in the hour before the end of the day, and I was making some communications that I wanted to happen before day rollover (e.g. reiterating my suspicion of mayars.) I don't believe I did anything mafia-related on my phone in the immediate aftermath of day rollover. I was, however texting a bit with Lily.

As an aside, I didn't get to ET until about 10, and didn't start playing minions until about 10:30.

With all that said, Dylan is doing exactly the right thing by expressing suspicion in this case!! This is the sort of thing that can and does catch mafia. Pay attention to who is acting unusually, especially at critical times such as near day-end. And express those suspicions to others like Dylan did here!

Regarding mayars, my strong belief right now is that she was parallel killer (due to her possession of incriminating items.) Unfortunately, this would mean that we can make far fewer inferences from the discussion before her death than we could if she were mafia. I think it would be worth shoveling her to confirm. Not yet though. First I want to try to determine how she got her mysterious fake id.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:20 am 
So if Maya is PK and we believe her claim to be roleblocked D2 then she made the day 3 kill on nolan? (I don't really see a reason for her to lie about this but maybe she would so we would draw erroneous conclusions.) And the PK for day 2 is still out there...and ready to kill today. Also do you think it would be worth having whoever purportedly roleblocked her D2 to proxy claim?