Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lucy's Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 pm 
Redacted by gods for being too close to electronic evidence for comfort

paraphrased: Lucy was very suspicious of Katie at the time of her death, but also not very invested in game.

Post subject: Re: Lucy's Last Words
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm 
All this being said, I really don't think ksedlar is mafia, based partially on mechanical reasons (that could be faked) and partially on the amount that I know she has in fact been paying attention to game. Maybe just not forums.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:10 pm 
Also, knowing that Lucy was basically next on the execution block (thanks ksedlar for the wording), this killing smells like vigilante/zombie.

I don't know whether or not it's good play to proxy out whether you killed her if you're town. I want to say yes it is, but maybe hold for objections.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:52 pm 
So, I will say that I did know Lucy's role (and Lucy knew I knew it). I was able to guess it it from comments during Squares about the Linus thing. Rather than quietly setting a trap and not letting anyone know I had figured things out, I told both Adam (who knew the full Linus/Lucy story) and Lucy about the fact that I had guessed Linus/Lucy's roles and the situation that made Linus suspicious of Lucy. Adam (username python, if anyone forgot) can confirm this, though he says he will not be checking forums much today.

Regarding the accusation that I don't want town to be coordinated and have good meetings... really? Really? I started the town meeting thread and organized the first meeting. I didn't respond sooner to Lucy's proposal of the 6 pm meeting because no one else had said anything and it just hadn't crossed my mind as an issue yet (also, why would it be the case that I would pay *less* attention to game if I were mafia?). When Lucy posted "I'm declaring the meeting location to be w20-5xx. If people have feelings about this, they should reply before 5:30pm," I then slightly misunderstood this to be asking about objections to the time (rather than just the location), and posted that 6 pm could be an issue due to it conflicting with ET dinner (as in fact, it turned out to be, independent of my post). I didn't clarify my misunderstanding (time vs location) because I thought it was not really worth bothering with. Similarly, I thought that WhenToMeets weren't really worth bothering with, but this was a mostly irrelevant opinion that I didn't care about strongly.

I will also say that if mafia killed Lucy, it was an incredibly dumb kill, because Lucy was next on the suspicion queue and town quite likely would have executed her tonight. I would like to believe I wouldn't be that dumb if I were mafia.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:13 pm 
Well, nobody (and no proxies) are claiming the kill, so it seems most likely to be a free trap kill... which wouldn't be that stupid, especially if Lucy knows something (or her role will do something)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:07 pm 
free trap kill, or just today's mafia kill and day 4 death 2 is a parallel kill.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:10 pm 
I think the point was that if this kill wasn't free it's really weird to use up their daily kill on lucy instead of someone who wasn't suspected.