Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lynch for Day 4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:21 pm 
Let's get this started now so that we don't have last-minute nonsense.

I don't know of anyone that's particularly sketchy, and my psychreading skill is approximately nil, so I can't make any recommendations.

Post subject: Re: Lynch for Day 4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 pm 
In the absence of any substantial intel my vote would be on yyao1 for being the second PK for the following reasons:

1) yyao1's alibi for the D2 PK of m2w was very sketchy
2) if there was a PK kill today then Lucy would have had to be a mafia kill which seems like a very weird kill target unless she was a trap kill and Dylan was the real target, together with
3) according to roleblocker apple, yyao1 was roleblocked today and thus could not have made a PK kill

However this is *very* circumstantial evidence, and it also relies on trusting apple who I am getting a bit suspicious of for other reasons. But I don't think these reasons are enough to reveal apple's identity and give maf potentially a free kill.
I still think if there are any investigators left they should check yyao1 for the kill of m2w.
I will also gladly change my vote if any more substantial evidence comes forward.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:49 pm 
(Laberca,Yyao) seems like in particular a good investigation, for which I'd be happy lynching whoever isn't innocent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:50 pm 
Where did you see that roleblocker apple blocked yyao1? The only thing in the investigation thread is that roleblocker apple blocked mayars d2, unless I'm blind...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:57 pm 
python wrote:
In the absence of any substantial intel my vote would be on yyao1 for being the second PK for the following reasons:

1) yyao1's alibi for the D2 PK of m2w was very sketchy
2) if there was a PK kill today then Lucy would have had to be a mafia kill which seems like a very weird kill target unless she was a trap kill and Dylan was the real target, together with
3) according to roleblocker apple, yyao1 was roleblocked today and thus could not have made a PK kill

However this is *very* circumstantial evidence, and it also relies on trusting apple who I am getting a bit suspicious of for other reasons. But I don't think these reasons are enough to reveal apple's identity and give maf potentially a free kill.
I still think if there are any investigators left they should check yyao1 for the kill of m2w.
I will also gladly change my vote if any more substantial evidence comes forward.

I confirm that I got roleblocked today.

With respect to my alibi on D2K1: I feel really sketch about my alibi as well for obvious reasons, but my argument in defense would be that if I were to be guilty then I could have totally made something up instead of this really sketchy/unprobable alibi of "showing up to my recitation one hour early because I messed up the time", since nobody except my TA (who was eating lunch) was there anyway.

Of course, all arguments can be made in reverse, so this one won't prove me innocent. I can only count on other evidences that might show up I guess...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:09 pm 
Jasonlam was also innocent for the kills today so may be sketchy for that reason, IE, if we assume Lucy was a trap then there was no PK today.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:12 pm 
I don't find the case against yyao1 that compelling. I also don't find any other case particularly compelling either. There were mumblings of disliking jasonye because of his interactions with mayars, but tbh that's not much to go off of.

The remaining PK can only kill every other day. Assuming that they made a kill yesterday, which seems reasonable, they shouldn't be able to make a kill anyways. My conversation with jasonlam today made me think he's probably town maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:15 pm 
Oh wait, the case against ObitoSigma exists. mayars had a fake ID with his name on it? evidence of collusion? just an underground effort to Do Things? Who knows? I think I'll vote for him tonight actually.

Then again, he self-voted yesterday, which is more a wtf move than anything else.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 pm 
Seems to me that PK probably killed dylan today and so won't kill tomorrow; mayars killed nolan almost surely.

ObitoSigma seems like a fine lynch to me, especially given the non-response to jasonye's post.

EDIT: The fakeID seems to have had my name on it though, signed by ObitoSigma. So not sure that means anything besides just confusion ???

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:31 pm 
I agree with pravinas, in that ObitoSigma's self-vote and non-response are more wtf than suspicious. I wouldn't oppose lynching ObitoSigma (because I don't really appreciate too much wtf stuff), but I don't think it's that good of a lynch either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:08 pm 
I votes Joachim, for inactivity.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 pm 
I'll do so as well, but I'll switch my vote if anythng better comes up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 pm 
I'll also vote Joachim unless another good option comes up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:17 pm 
Don't trust anyone... not even yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:20 pm 
ObitoSigma wrote:
Don't trust anyone... not even yourself.

Words to live by

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:25 pm 
Hey everybody! Sorry for being a bit inactive these first days... It's my first time playing this game and I am having a bit of a hart time, don't really know how to get started, since I don't know anybody.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 pm 
That sure is a sketchy time to show up...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 pm 
I talked to joachim (we were still in the lab), told him about his lynching, he role-revealed to me, and his role is confirmed by some other game evidence, so I believe he's town.

I'm going to vote for ObitoSigma.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 pm 
You should rather try to kill some potential Mafia, not innocent town citizens. Independent of their (in)activity, killing town will never help you... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:30 pm 
Also vote for ObitoSigma.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:32 pm 
@Joachim I do not know what to make of your last-but-one message, but with one other person vouching for you you are no longer the best target.

@vito Could Joachim be telling the truth about their role but still be mafia? Mafia have roles too.

Voting for Cayers, also inactivity. (Maybe I should be considering dgrazian?)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:32 pm 
Obito role revealed to me and I have pretty strong reason to trust his innocence. I don't want to reveal to much for the mafia but I think he's innocent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:33 pm 
(Also, killing town can help a little --- moves items from inactive townies to active ones, perhaps. But more fundamental argument is that "inactive townies" can be mafia too and among many meh options, they're a bit less meh.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:39 pm 
I'm also going to change my vote to cayers (same reason as luke).

@joachim If you want to be more active, you should start with just posting more on forums. Post alibis, contribute your opinions to discussionsc, ask questions, or w/e. iirc, you can also ask the mods to put you in touch with experienced non-players that can give you unbiased advice?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:40 pm 
I'll also vote for cayers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:41 pm 
Cayers in particular has the mafia counter, which we probably want to use soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:42 pm 
Yes, he could still be mafia, but it seems not very likely. In particular, I'm almost convinced he hasn't done any killings so far.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 pm 
I don't think we are getting a great lynch tonight, but I am okay enough with cayers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:46 pm 
Ok vito's post is convincing, I will change to cayers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:48 pm 
@vito @joachim

Whoa, that's a strong claim from someone defending someone without any posted alibis other than a receipt.

Not that I disbelieve you out of hand, but can we have something resembling an alibi for joachim for more of the kills? I don't want role info, but any other information that can be posted publicly (particularly alibi-like info) would be lovely.

That being said, I'm still voting cayers.