It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: There are 5 mafia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:13 pm 
Has conscript been used?

Post subject: Re: There are 5 mafia
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:33 pm 
I guess we aren't sure. Assuming that Maya was PK, the possibilities are:
a. We have lynched 2 mafia/PK so far. The non-Maya mafia/PK was one of {Linus, cayers, python}. Mafia have used conscript.
b. We have lynched 1 mafia/PK so far. Mafia have not used conscript.
c. Max is lying.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:16 pm 
There is a greater likelihood that Max is town than mafia, so I'm more inclined to believe he's town. I would have been more suspicious had Luke still been alive (because if Luke was alive, he'd more likely be mafia and thus would persuade Max - his hypothetical "mafia partner" - to make the fake counter move).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:27 pm 
To explain:

The mafia counter counts number of mafia plus number of parallel killers. The starting number was 6, but mafia have a conscript they can use, which would at some point add 1 to the counter. We think Maya is a parallel killer based on the sketchy items she had on her after she was lynched, so that is -1 parallel killer. So we know that the count went 6 + x - 1 - x = 5, where x is either 1 or 0 based on whether or not a mafia is dead / if mafia used conscript. So given that Maya was a parallel killer and that Max is telling the truth:
- we know that no more than one of {Linus, cayers, python} is mafia / PK, otherwise Max's count would be 3 or 4.
- we know that it can't be the case that mafia has used conscript AND no non-Maya mafia/PK have died, otherwise Max's count would be 6.
- we know that it can't be the case that mafia have not used conscript AND some non-Maya mafia/PK has died, otherwise Max's count would be 4.

Also, ObitoSigma, what do you mean when you say that Max would be Luke's hypothetical mafia partner?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:47 am 
Well, Luke was the one who proposed using the mafia counter only about an hour and a half after it was announced that Max is now in possession of the mafia counter. I suspected (before his death) that Luke (who I presumed to be maf) tried to get town to agree that Max should "reveal" the results from the mafia counter, thus lowering suspicion on either of them. Imagine, for example, if Max announced he was going to use the mafia counter immediately after receiving it. It would be suspicious.

However, now that Luke has been banged, I'm not quite sure anymore...