A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:29 pm 
I'm not sure why aok claimed superhero (politician) to Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:52 pm 
I think aok dun effed up. Looks like we'll be seeing him here soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:51 pm 
Well that's gonna end badly for Aok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:24 pm 
Oh man, David. Welcome to the Dead Man's Party! Did you see that coming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:43 pm 
DGRAZIAN!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm 
OH MAH GAWD

wowwwww

bloooood everywhere

nice move by aok. this is entertaining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:05 pm 
Yep. He told me about this plan of his a couple of days ago. It's pretty entertaining to watch it unfold. That kid is too pro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm 
I don't think I agree (though don't get me wrong, aok is impressive.)

Aok is in absolutely desperate straights. He was going to be lynched tonight to test his apparently false Superhero claim. I had told both Nathan and Alex that he was claiming superhero and had chosen to be politician for today. They should be incredibly suspicious of the fact that he is now saying he was ironheart for the day.

Nobody ever trusted aok (besides David Kaufman, I think.) It was just that Aok and David trusting each other so strongly meant that, up to the possibility of conscription, they were very probably both innocent or both mafia. As it turns out, aok was conscripted, which really messes stuff up. But conscription always does.

I think aok may have deliberately sent sibyani to his death today. Aok knew that shike was ironheart, but he had sibyani 'kill' shike anyway, and then go over to et to kill me. If the town didn't have another really obvious lynch target, aok would have been lynched. So he gave the town another obvious lynch target.

But Aok should be lynched in the next couple days. At which point...will the last mafia come out of the shadows?

Still, aok has done some really impressive things this game, getting people to trust him and distrust other people, when it realllllyyyyyy doesn't make sense. Especially David Kaufman. It reminds me of Dalton in the last IAP game.

Also, I'm glad the mafia used Bring out the Big Guns on me. I didn't have any protection or anything this time:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
I don't think I agree (though don't get me wrong, aok is impressive.)

Aok is in absolutely desperate straights. He was going to be lynched tonight to test his apparently false Superhero claim. I had told both Nathan and Alex that he was claiming superhero and had chosen to be politician for today. They should be incredibly suspicious of the fact that he is now saying he was ironheart for the day.

Nobody ever trusted aok (besides David Kaufman, I think.) It was just that Aok and David trusting each other so strongly meant that, up to the possibility of conscription, they were very probably both innocent or both mafia. As it turns out, aok was conscripted, which really messes stuff up. But conscription always does.

I think aok may have deliberately sent sibyani to his death today. Aok knew that shike was ironheart, but he had sibyani 'kill' shike anyway, and then go over to et to kill me. If the town didn't have another really obvious lynch target, aok would have been lynched. So he gave the town another obvious lynch target.

But Aok should be lynched in the next couple days. At which point...will the last mafia come out of the shadows?

Still, aok has done some really impressive things this game, getting people to trust him and distrust other people, when it realllllyyyyyy doesn't make sense. Especially David Kaufman. It reminds me of Dalton in the last IAP game.

Also, I'm glad the mafia used Bring out the Big Guns on me. I didn't have any protection or anything this time:)

Welcome to hell, dgrazian :)

I honestly thought aok was done for last night. I am still not sure why he claimed politician, I was quite confused when he did that last night. At least he gets to live for a while longer. Yes, aok has been planning for a couple of days to sacrifice Hassan in the manner he did today to remove some of the suspicion on himself.

Also, aok managed to find the last mafia member; he was an inactive. Who knows if he'll do anything... he's definitely a wild card though. Unfortunately, he probably doesn't know what anyone looks like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 pm 
So he did deliberately sacrifice Hassan! Interesting. I wouldn't do that as mafia. I think that individual mafia members are very valuable.

Currently, Nathan is extremely suspicious of aok, for exactly the reasons I described (politician-ironheart switch.) Alex much less so :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:53 pm 
Hm, guess I spoke too soon. That post detailing the various reasons why aok couldn't possibly be mafia is way too well thought-out. I'd be seriously sketched out by that post. I hope at least some of the live townies have the same reaction...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:22 pm 
If I had not been killed, I can would definitely have demanded that aok be politician-tested two days from now. And if Hassan hadn't publicly killed people, there is nothing aok could have said that would have dissuaded me from going all out to get him lynched today.

I really hope the rest of the town realizes how suspicious he is and has him tested.

I'd be surprised if we don't win. Apparently, we still have one investigator left (lua) and I don't think aok has him at all under his zone of control. Plus, it's going to get rather difficult for the last two mafia to make kills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 pm 
Mafia's in a real bad spot. aok gets sketchier by the day, so he is likely gonna be a target for the investigator, and since the other mafia is inactive, aok has to be the one making kills (discounting the use of manipulate the press, has that been used up yet?). Sacrificing was a bold but, IMHO, bad move

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 pm 
The town was already suspicious of aok, but I didn't notice anyone thinking anything about Hassan. Hassan should have been kept secret, and aok should have taken the hit. He probably only bought himself a few extra days, at most.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:02 am 
I was going to investigate Hassan tomorrow for Lily's murder. That's largely based on process of elimination. Gary's investigator and I had together covered most of Random.

One thing that we did very badly this game was alibis. When someone is killed there are often people who can be confirmed innocent by legitimate alibis. Part of the reason we didn't do this was that kill announcements typically came a couple hours late, but still ... I think we could have saved a few investigations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:58 am 
Ah, but aok killed Lily. So that wouldn't have turned up a positive :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 am 
I'm still unclear about whether I like aok's master pal and, in particular, don't know why he chose to reveal as superhero rather than (like he is) gravedigger. I sent responses to both aok/david kaufmans grave dig responses at the same time which is the cause of all the trust if people don;t know. He's had this plan for a while and it's entertaining but, I'm not convinced yet, the right thing to do sacrificing the ONLY other active mafia for this type of support is a huge sacrifice and honestly I would be surprised if something trappy didn't screw this up... also using bring out the big guns on dgrazian was a mistake, even if he was protected it was more wortwhile to just go after somebody else.

Also mafia got screwed rather hard
of there 4 original players 1 was an inactive and 2 got killed in the first 2 days... how are you supposed to work that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:29 am 
I don't think anything trappy is needed. Just the observation that aok supposedly chose to be ironheart yesterday, when he was scheduled to be lynched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am 
which he was vindicated for. Look, enough stuff happened last night that I doubt that is the data point most people look at, his defense right now is reasonably solid, maybe they will attempt to redo it two days from now... but it would be silly to lynch him right now when he has so many defenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 am 
Hmm...then that's my mistake for not being more clear that we should test aok no matter what. If I had not been killed, I might well be pressing to have him lynched today, and without question the next day (when he could be 'politician' again.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 am 
Schmolly wrote:
The town was already suspicious of aok, but I didn't notice anyone thinking anything about Hassan. Hassan should have been kept secret, and aok should have taken the hit. He probably only bought himself a few extra days, at most.

But that wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 am 
Apparently aok took a trip to Maseeh a few days ago and found the last inactive mafia dude. Who knows, he may become active soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm 
The other Mafia dude is still kinda inactive. aok met him but he doesn't seem to be interested.
Really, I think the Mafia had a very bad start. With 2 of them lynched in the first 2 days. I pushed for aok conscription because the town trusted him and he knows the game and for some reason he sometimes takes it more seriously that I think it should.
My whole thing yesterday is just to prove him innocent, I'm not sure if it's actually working. Aok knew that Shi-ke is an ironheart and therefore I failed. Also, we just wanted Daniel dead by any possible way.
I think that the Mafia is going to lose anyways, it's almost something like 17 vs. 1.5 which doesn't really help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 pm 
Adam Yedidia was actually Snape, and he wanted the townspeople to win.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:47 pm 
btw, Hassan your ploy was excellent. watching that unfold was hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:23 pm 
Agreed!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm 
Who is the inactive mafia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:20 pm 
I think it's viruspg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:52 pm 
Yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:29 pm 
So... aok is advocating lynching one of the two remaining mafia...?