Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:26 pm 
Gurev is a vampire.
Jackie and achester are both zombies.

Vampires and zombies are trying to kill each other. They are a sub-conflict in the game. Or maybe the main conflict and the point of town is trying not to get caught in the crossfire.

Gurev is trying to obtain spells from players. So is achester (probably, I'm not sure on this point). They both claim their conflict is zero-sum and just zombies versus vampires.

Still research me as Day 3 starts to make sure I don't turn into a zombie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:28 pm 
Wait, how do we know pesto is a zombie? Didn't gurev bite him?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:30 pm 
Maximum Plausible Theory: I will turn into a zombie on day end. The whole game is a zero-sum competition between Gurev and Achester to create the most players of their species.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 pm 
Linus wrote:
Maximum Plausible Theory: I will turn into a zombie on day end. The whole game is a zero-sum competition between Gurev and Achester to create the most players of their species.

How does this make any sense, given that Gurev bit Pesto (aka Achester)?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:33 pm 
Both Achester and Gurev claimed to be facing each other in a zero-sum competition. Both of them asked me (and the public) to make a deal and not to make deals with the other. Gurev secretly told me Jackie is a zombie and encouraged me to start a lynch train, though claimed that for personal reasons he didn't want to start such a train himself. Gurev did not attempt to bite me despite the fact that we spent a long time alone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:35 pm 
corwind wrote:
Linus wrote:

Good point.
Theory 2: Jackie bit me out of revenge for revealing a secret (she claimed herself in gchat that the bite was revenge for me selling her out, which is consistent and I actually trust her for now), and zombies and vamps just wanna pick each other off.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:37 pm 
Linus wrote:
corwind wrote:
Linus wrote:

Good point.
Theory 2: Jackie bit me out of revenge for revealing a secret (she claimed herself in gchat that the bite was revenge for me selling her out, which is consistent and I actually trust her for now), and zombies and vamps just wanna pick each other off.

Okay but doesn't that then mean that achester is becoming a vampire?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:42 pm 
Possibly. But I think that, even if bites can turn players (crucially, we have no evidence of this yet), a bite is unlikely to turn the (claimed) leader of one of the two races.

Announcement: assuming I don't turn into a zombie, for the rest of the game, I will be absolutely neutral between the zombie and vampire parties. If I am ever bitten again, I will determine the perpetrator's species, research it, and try for as long as I have my current goalset to cause that species to go extinct. (Still research me as Day 3 starts.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:47 pm 
Wait, why do we think achester is a zombie?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:56 pm 
Because I know Gurev isn't a zombie, know zombies hate vampires, and know Gurev VS achester is a direct conflict.

If there are more than two races in the conflict, then I'm probably wrong. But Gurev and achester only instructed town not to make deals with each other. If there were a third species in the zero-sum conflict, you'd think Gurev and achester would both say "Oh, also don't make deals with person X either."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:15 am 
Ok probably I should dispel this as pretty false:

I am a wizard
Achester is a rival wizard
Jackie is a zombie

Jackie biting me gave me the ability to bite a person today, so I bit my rival. I am still perfectly human, you're welcome to research me as vampire.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:07 am 
Are wizards considered human???

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:09 am 
I would consider them humans.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 am 
gurev wrote:
I am still perfectly human, you're welcome to research me as vampire.

I think this is probably BS, but worth checking.

If it is the case that you're human, sorry - achester told me you were a vampire. I tried to get you to talk with me in person (at least, to the extent to which I can talk to people in person) to see if I could verify this somehow, but you avoided me in a way that seemed like you were also undead and knew I was. agrebe can somewhat confirm this.

Relatedly, if anyone who has a way of definite species checking wants to help me, that'd be useful - I don't otherwise have a very solid plan for figuring out who to bite, but still intend not to bite humans.