Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2 Lynch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:04 pm 
Who should we lynch? We should probably try to figure this out ahead of time.

Adam is probably an option, but I kinda doubt that lynching him with anything will actually kill him. Liches are known to be hard to kill, and I'm not sure any of the methods of execution will actually do anything to him.

Obviously, another option is whoever killed Pravi today. No one's stepped up as a vig, and no one has proxied out or claimed an investigation either, to my knowledge.

Alternatively, one thing we can do is vote for Adam, expect it to fail, and treat it as a no lynch?

I really don't know.

Post subject: Re: Day 2 Lynch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:05 pm 
If we lynch Adam we could write in "destroy his phylactery".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:07 pm 
Have there been any investigations for Pravi's death?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:08 pm 
I have reason to believe there's an item called a phylactery that we have to destroy to kill adam, and lynching him won't work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:11 pm 
Adam seems like a decent execution target, since he may have taken damage yesterday even if it's not obvious to us, and anyone who survived an execution is probably not town. I think guillotine seems like it might work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:13 pm 
Can we please do write in this time though? I'd prefer an extra spicy execution method this time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:20 pm 
Spicy fire?

I really don't think guillotine would work.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:55 pm 
I'm leaning towards lynching Jackie, since she probably killed pravinas who I think was probably human, and I don't like people who kill humans.

If anyone has reason to believe pravinas wasn't human, that'd be useful.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:59 pm 
If people are willing to commit to lynching the other necromancer I'm willing to tell you the method of execution that kills us. In particular, I win if the other necromancer is killed before I am, at which point you could kill me and I wouldn't really care.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 pm 
(1) I think we know the way to kill a necromancer is by destroying their phylactery. (2) Does anyone know who the other necromancer is?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:06 pm 
Python said it was yyao1 earlier, right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:08 pm 
I think ET decided after more discussion that the reason python that it was him was actually pretty weak. It's definitely not confirmed to be yyao.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:11 pm 
I am actually curious why I was suspected to be the other necromancer when I had done nothing that has to do with that. Also if you try to kill me by destroying my phylactery thing you will find out that I don't have such a thing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:14 pm 
I was talking with pravinas about this last night, and basically the reason was that you told her that you know puls, so she told python this, as he also had told her (and me) that he knows puls (and we didn't know that he was a necromancer back then).

Then, python apparently assumed from this that you must be a necromancer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:17 pm 
Well I know someone other than python that also know puls though, so...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:17 pm 
Yeah, exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:19 pm 
Oh, yeah, that's pretty weak evidence. If python actually knows who the other necromancer is I think we should agree to lynch them though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:26 pm 
Yeah it is correct that yyao1 is not the other necromancer, I made an incorrect assumption. The other necromancer is actually Jade Fischer, and I'm pretty certain this is true. If you commit to lynching them, I'll tell you the secret weakness, and then you can lynch me tomorrow. In that case I win, and you get rid of both necromancers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:31 pm 
His username is FischerJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm 
Possibilities:
1. python is telling the truth and is correct. If we execute Jade Fisher today and python tomorrow, we get rid of both necromancers.
2. python is honestly misinformed. We kill Jade Fisher today (which doesn't help us) but then we know the weakness and kill python tomorrow.
3. python is lying and has some reason to get us to kill Jade Fisher and is giving us a weakness that doesn't actually kill necromancers. In this case we waste two days' execution votes.

It doesn't seem like (3) has too much of an advantage for python unless he thinks it is highly likely he will get killed today (which is somewhat doubtful since there's so much else going on). I'm inclined to believe he's not *trying* to deceive us (perhaps a bad assumption in mafia games.) There's a reasonable chance that he's simply wrong about the second necromancer though, although this doesn't seem too bad for town except for wasting an execution.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:34 pm 
Their*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:39 pm 
I'm willing to commit to Jade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:42 pm 
I have strong opinions about todays lynch and will give them after talking to people

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:46 pm 
I have some weak reasons to think Jade isn't evil but I will vote for them if everyone else is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:47 pm 
Ok if people are willing to commit to jade, I'll reveal the death method. Necromancers cannot be killed except by guillotine. So the vote today should be FischerJ by guillotine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:49 pm 
I'm a little skeptical about voting for someone because someone we think is bad told us to though. Even if python is telling the truth about everything, he already sounded one false alarm about the other necromancer and hasn't given any sound logic for picking Jade as the other. Also, it's unclear a priori why both necromancers are killed in the same way.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 pm 
What is the reason you think Jade is the other necromancer? If your goal is to get them dead today, then I think it's to your advantage to give us all the info to convince us of this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 pm 
I talked to python. I am strongly convinced this is another false alarm in the same way yyao1 is. I am working hard to find the other necro; I think this is really important to town, and have strong reason to believe fisherj is not a necro.

I don't want fischerj lynched. Right now, I want to no lynch by relynching python by the same method, or lynch someone for dylanhen/pravi. I think both of these kills are more complicated than it seems on the surface, and would no lynch on the grounds that hitting a human almost certainly kills them, and hitting a undead person probably just fails anyway if we don't know the method of death.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 pm 
I have no idea whom to vote for. People were saying jamb yesterday, so that's what I'm going with unless I hear a better argument for someone else. I'm just worried killing python will be bungled. And there really aren't any other candidates.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:04 pm 
I say no lynch by voting python by crucifixion again.

Jamb is also a fine target because she is non-human, but I don't know a method of death for that