Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 Lynch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:08 pm 
Whom should we lynch? It's kinda getting toward that time.

If we want to get python, we probably need to kaboom (if anyone can do that).

Since we know that Jackie is a zombie and has bitten people, that might be something to try.

If anyone has any idea who killed Pravi, we should look into that. Another thing is, if anyone has any involvement on Gurev's death (which we think was a good thing) and has other information on bad people, that'd be good to know. Someone (e.g., me) could serve as a proxy.

Either way, I hope we try too many cats. Remember, if you think that cats can't kill someone, well you're still not really thinking of too many cats...

Post subject: Re: Day 3 Lynch
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:02 pm 
We could try executing python again because maybe he only has finitely many lives, but this is starting to seem futile.

Jackie also seems like a candidate for execution.

Maybe Pesto since Dylan was shoveled town, but I'm not sure how much we trust the shoveler.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:14 pm 
From the known rumors, it seems like firing squad is pretty much guaranteed to kill zombies and vampires (given that we shot at the right place), so I assume that killing jamb by firing squad is the safest way to go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 pm 
If we're targeting a zombie, I feel like guillotine seems safer than firing squad. Firing squads generically shoot at the heart (I think), and I think it would be hard to specify otherwise (since we would have to get a large number of people to write something in).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:37 pm 
Hey, what the heck? I promised at the start of yesterday not to bite anyone human, and I haven't. So far I've only bitten one vampire and one person who agreed they deserved it. I've also been generally helpful and am happy to continue doing so.

If you execute me, that's a terrible incentive scheme for other undead thingies to be polite and avoid hurting town.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 pm 
I recommend lynching python by too many cats

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 pm 
I will also vote to lynch python by too many cats, with the same reasoning as yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:11 pm 
I'm still somewhat upset with Jackie for biting Linus, but since he agreed that he deserved it and since she hasn't done anything else, I'm inclined to think that we should stay out of the vampire/zombie war.

Python seems pretty invulnerable, so unless we get new information this evening, I'm inclined to effectively vote for no execution by just repeating our vain attempt to execute python. The undead creatures seem fairly interested in picking each other off, and if executing python does nothing, that seems like a reasonable way for town to stay out of things.

Of course, if someone kills a townie or we get more information on a past kill, then I will reconsider.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:18 pm 
Counterargument: it is very possible that necromancer is hard to lynch only because it’s a fairly special role. Zombies and vampires are arguably less so.

Moreover, there has also been evidence that zombies particularly want to bite humans, so jamb seems to be forgoing her biggest goal by making peace with human, which makes sense only if she being alive is more important than biting human.

So my suggestion is that we lynch (or at least, try to lynch) someone who is confirmed zombie or vampire. It’s okay to not lynch jamb, but I will not accept a no lynch.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:10 pm 
It seems like ObitoSigma is publicly claiming to be anti-human, so he seems like a reasonable execution target. I don't know what the best method is though. (Probably just pick one at random since I wouldn't trust his self-declaration to be a ghoul.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:17 pm 
Yes, ObitoSigma seems like the obvious lynch target. I don't know whether humans even still have the power to win a lynch vote, but if we don't, it doesn't matter anyway. I'll be voting for him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:20 pm 
I don't think ObitoSigma is a good lynch target, even if he did kill ixa. I have strong reason to think he is human.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 pm 
Don't vote ObitoSigma. Vote python by too many cats. Seriously. Like I have reason to believe that ObitoSigma is being ObtioSigma and just BSing, and is actually town.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:23 pm 
I also have reason to believe that ObitoSigma is human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:25 pm 
I am working very hard to make sure that town does well, and my work will be compromised if we don't no lynch tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:26 pm 
Would like to reiterate my point that we should not have anymore no-lynch. There exists publicly known non-humans and we should at least TRY to lynch one of them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:28 pm 
"Is actually town" means something in a normal game, where being a townie is mechanically better than a mafia.

Here, randomly killing people is most of what matters mechanically, more than whether he's human.

Kill ObitoSigma before he decides you're his next target.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 pm 
Anyone care to share their reasons for believing ObitoSigma is town?

And, if you want someone executed, whom do you recommend instead? Do we try executing python again (which will probably fail)?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:33 pm 
i have reason to believe obitosigma did not kill ixa; among other things, it doesn't make sense that he would proxy the kill out and then claim it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 pm 
agrebe wrote:
Anyone care to share their reasons for believing ObitoSigma is town?

And, if you want someone executed, whom do you recommend instead? Do we try executing python again (which will probably fail)?

Agreed. I'm tired of python, and I can't think of anyone better than ObitoSigma.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:39 pm 
I don't want to share too much but think about why he would publicly claim to be a ghoul (which we know via a proxy isn't a real species), and I have personal evidence that supports my theory as to why, and it makes him as strongly useful to town

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:41 pm 
I think we should lynch python and write in "destroy his phylactery". It probably won't work but it's better than cats.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:49 pm 
I'm suspicious of achester for (1) killing dylanhen, a supposed vampire, who was actually human (2) gurev's death, considering he was a known rival (and doubly, because i think gurev was human)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:53 pm 
cmcclena: why would obitosigma claim the kill without having made it? the only reason I can think of is to protect someone else who made the kill. This doesn't necessarily make him bad, but its implications for his sketchiness should be equivalent to whatever implications would be drawn from him making the kill plus having a secret buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:54 pm 
achester wrote:
I don't know whether humans even still have the power to win a lynch vote, but if we don't, it doesn't matter anyway.

Given that you've publicly claimed to have bitten someone, why are you using first person to refer to humans?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:55 pm 
"why would obitosigma claim the kill without having made it?" because obitosigma is obitosigma, tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:55 pm 
cmcclena wrote:
I'm suspicious of achester for (1) killing dylanhen, a supposed vampire, who was actually human (2) gurev's death, considering he was a known rival (and doubly, because i think gurev was human)

I don't know about (1), but for (2) I know that achester is rival with gurev for non-species reasons. Only thing that may be worrying is that he is bitten by gurev (who is bitten by jamb) on Day 2 and may become zombie soon. (The same goes for Linus.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm 
Re agrebe: [[bit2]].

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm 
It is definitely to town's advantage to no lynch tonight.

Reasons:
1. lynching an undead is unlikely to work anyway, but hitting a human accidentally is bad
2. many undead are not bothering humans right now and won't as long as we don't lynch them

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:57 pm 
the ability bite can be learned--biting someone is not proof of being non-human