Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:20 pm 
Fact 1: [[phyl]] exists.

Fact 2: According to GM, unsuccessful lynches still redistributes any item the person has.

Fact 3: Nothing was dropped from the attempt to lynch python.

So the possibilties are:

(1) [[phyl]] is false (somewhat unlikely since someone suggested it before this rumor surfaced)
(2) phylactery is not an item (unlikely)
(3) python lied about being necromancer (very unlikely)
(4) python has given it to someone he trusts, probably someone he controls (likely)

Discuss.

Last edited by yyao1 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 pm 
Spoiler alert: it's the 4th one.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 pm 
Why is (1) somewhat unlikely? Now everyone knows it's a rumor worth making up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:23 pm 
Are we sure that python is a lich? Who investigated him for this, and do we trust them? (I know he also claimed to be one, but I don't really believe python's claims anymore.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 pm 
agrebe wrote:
Are we sure that python is a lich? Who investigated him for this, and do we trust them? (I know he also claimed to be one, but I don't really believe python's claims anymore.)

Originally dylanhen claimed that python used "necromancer command" on lotta, which python did not deny.

There are some reasons that I believe that phylactery exists:
(1) thematically. So far there has been no contradiction to the concepts of how mythical creature usually work, and liches storing their souls in phylacteries make perfect sense.
(2) game-balance. It doesn't make sense that it takes two or more lynches to kill a person, since town has only seven lynches to use, and wasting two lynches on the same person is just plain bad. It is very possible that lynches just straight up doesn't work at all, and destroying phylactery or using kaboom is the only way to kill him.

These are probably not the strongest arguments that could be made but I hope that they are reasonable.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:38 pm 
I would buy that python is a necromancer, but I assume it's possible to be a necromancer without being a lich. As far as I know, python claimed to be a lich, but I don't know if this was verified. (Maybe Linus verified this - I can't remember.)