Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 Death 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:41 pm 
Flavortext (no game relevance): Sammy was a single father at the time. He was working all the time, so often he would hire a babysitter to see if she could watch his son. Unfortunately, he would often have to settle for Marcy, the only babysitter who was ever available on short notice. Sammy never particularly liked Marcy, as she was always a bit on the irresponsible side. She would often spend most of the time babysitting on the phone rather than paying attention to his child, and every time she saw Sammy's car pull into the driveway, she grabbed her things and left through the back door… She was a pain. But she was all that was available.

One night, Sammy stepped into his home and called her name, but there was no answer. Sammy assumed she must have left through the back door again, so he paid no attention to her lack of answer. He walked into the living room and saw his son at the top of the stairs, still in pajamas.

"Hey, sport," Sammy called to him, before noticing the look on his face. "Something wrong, son?"

"I had a nightmare, Daddy," he told Sammy, before running down the stairs to hug him. "It was so scary…"

"What happened in it?" Sammy asked. His son hugged him tighter.

"I was walking down the hall when I heard the sound of Marcy humming downstairs. I hid in the dark of the tops of the stairs where she couldn't see me, and I spied on her doing her homework in the kitchen. After a few minutes, the pantry door behind her opened silently. She was listening to her little music thingy, so she didn't hear it. Out of the pantry there was this naked monster man with tiny little black eyes…" he shivered.

"Go on, son," he cajoled.

"Well, the monster man watched her for a long time, and then he waved his hand at the closet in the living room. It opened, and another monster man came out of that door. She was focused on her homework and her music and it was dark so she didn't see him either. The two monster men watched her for a while before the second monster man waved at the window. The curtain was pushed away, and there was another monster man behind it. Marcy didn't see him either… so then, the third and second monster men waved at the basement door, and two monster men came out. I was so scared, Daddy… but I tried to be quiet and none of them saw me."

"They all watched Marcy for a few minutes before the one right behind her started growling. She didn't hear it. It growled louder. She made a face and blinked. I was praying that she wouldn't turn around, Daddy. But she did. She screamed and screamed and cried and screamed, and all the naked monster men ran up and started attacking her. They ripped her into pieces and ate them all… and when they were done they licked up all the blood on the floor. Then they all nodded at each other, and they all went back to where they were before…in the pantry, in the closet, behind the curtain, in the basement… and I just sat at the top of the stairs, I was so scared Daddy…"

Sammy pulled the boy closer as he softly began to cry. He gave his son a soft kiss on the cheek as he tried his best to comfort him. "…Then what happened, son?"

"… I… I went to leave and get the neighbors to help. I thought that if I ran fast enough to the door, they wouldn't catch me. I ran as fast as I could… but they all jumped out at me, Daddy. They were so scary. They grabbed me and were about to eat me when… when…"

"What happened, son?"

He stuttered as he attempted to weep out the rest of the tale.

"You can tell me anything, son… what happened?" Sammy stroked his hair as he began to compose himself.

"I… I… I told them that if they let me go… I would stall you when you came home, so they could get you too, Daddy… and spare me."

All was silent for a moment. And in that moment, Sammy could hear a series of doors opening all around the house. His son buried his face in Sammy's chest.

"I'm sorry, Daddy."

Sammy died at 4:10 pm in his room.

Post subject: Re: Day 4 Death 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:44 pm 
Proxy info says this was a vig kill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:45 pm 
That was a long flavortext...

I have suspicions that this is also a vig kill, so maybe don’t post alibis?

EDIT: oh so this is a vig kill.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:58 pm 
Seriously? If all the kills are vig kills, then there aren't any bad players to kill in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:48 pm 
WTF THE FLAVORTEXT I AM NOT OKAY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:58 pm 
To be honest, I want to know who did it regardless of whether it is claimed to be a vig kill. Otherwise, we might as well just assume everyone is a vigilante and no one is bad, in which case there's no point in killing people in the first place.

I'm generally more inclined to believe that the target was good than that everyone along an unknown proxy chain was good.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:09 pm 
Don't talk crap about that kid in the flavor text. He grew up to be the next Elon Musk.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:35 pm 
I thought Musk *was* the next Elon Musk?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:17 pm 
At 4:10 i was in my room at pecker and why the fuck would this even be a vig kill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:25 pm 
Sammy was known to be vampire and killed because of it. That is why this is considered a vig kill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:40 pm 
why are people killing vampires? is it just because they're vampires?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 pm 
"The person who fights monsters should make sure that in the process, he does not become a monster himself. Because when you stare down at an abyss, the abyss stares back at you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:47 pm 
I mean, it seems like there are two main possibilities here:
1. Vampires are going to unleash their fury on town and this is pre-emptive
2. The killers today are scum and trying to make excuses for their actions by saying that it's just vampires they're killing

It might also be some combination. I have a feeling that Pesto's killing of Dylan was probably in the second category (Pesto even admitted some ulterior motives here).

Maybe the wave of killings today is town trying to finish off the undead, but it's also fairly likely this is a group of undead killing a lot of potential enemies to prepare for the final onslaught against town.

If these are townies killing undead, then town is in a pretty good position and I think will still be even if they publicly reveal their plans instead of just oblique posts about "I have private information that X was a vampire."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:53 pm 
The thing that frustrates me is that dylan was killed mainly because he "was a vampire" but he shoveled as human. I guess the evidence could have been planted, but it seems way more likely to me that "vampireness" was used as an excuse

(The only reason I could see for someone planting evidence (if that is even a thing) would be if they were an enemy of achester and expected someone to check his claim that dylan was a vampire?)

I don't know if this is relevant anymore because of achester's death, but it still makes me uneasy