Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Really, Guys? Really?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:24 am 
I think most people know I'm a lizardman now. But seriously, Josh and I go to play Minions for a bit, and this happens? And all because Josh forgot to submit his lynch form?

Anyways, here's some context:

So yes, [[rumo]] is indead true, but that's kinda irrelevant to the situation now. We realized at the start of game that there was no way for us to get away with killing lots of townies, and so instead decided to focus our efforts on the undead, and get in town's good graces.

Besides pravinas and dylanhen, all of the kills have been made by or arranged by the Lizardmen, and all of them were undead. We've been working behind the scenes this whole time to clean up all the undead that would kill humans, so that we could get in town's good graces, and survive until the end of game (which is also a big factor in our victory condition; much bigger than killing people).

Vampires:
These were gurev, ixa, blumberg, corwind, and sammyluo. They chased me down on Day 2 and turned me into a vampire, and then killed pravinas because she was an undead hunter. Since my new goals gave less points than my starting goals, I used the opportunity to infiltrate the vampires, and eliminate them, since they want to kill undead hunters, who are human. Over days 3 and 4, we killed all of the vampires, burning through a lot of one-time-use things we had to do so.

Zombies:
With vacc on the table, zombies aren't necessarily as bad for town as vampires are. However, achester had orchestrated the kill of dylanhen, who was very definitively human, and jamb was plotting with him, so we decided to kill them as well.

Liches:
python has been very helpful to us, and he's very useful as a no lynch option, so we would like to keep him around until day 7, when we kill him (he's also okay with this). We're planning to kill the other lich (who we're very close to finding) as our single kill today.

Remaining Kills:
We have 6 kills left for the rest of game, and, now that everyone knows about us, don't anticipate getting enough rumors to get more (we already used a lot of rumors). These will be going towards:
- Killing the other lich and python
- Killing pravinas and dylanhen after python uses [[anim]] on them
- Killing Linus and rusch

All of this will happen on day 7, except for the other lich, which will happen on ASAP.

We promise to not kill any humans in exchange for none of you killing or lynching us. From now on, if either side kills the other, consider this truce broken.

TL;DR/Summary:
achester killed dylanhen and claimed he was a vampire, when he was very obviously human, and achester didn't get lynched. We lizardmen killed off all of the hostile undead, and you lynched one of us. We're still willing to play nice and only target undead for our remaining kills, as long as you don't lynch us. If either side kills the other, consider this truce broken.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:28 am 
I'm entirely fine if you kill me on day 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:28 am 
Some more details:

You should be really glad we killed off the vampires when we did. They were about to get really scary.

gurev and ixa started as wizards, and were going to teach the vampires lots of spells to use to kill with, including things like [[bit2]] and [[expl]].

corwind had the spell [[hell]], and was going to teach it to sammyluo.

sammyluo had [[bit2]] already, had already built up to 14 red mana by biting himself, and was going to use [[hell]] a lot if he ever learned it from corwind, along with his own killing spell [[shri]] (yes, shriekers are real).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:34 am 
Also, more stuff:

I was part of the "mafia", which had achester, jamb, m2w, and me in it. I'm pretty sure achester and m2w were human to start, though achester became a zombie. m2w's just trolling with her "not able to speak" thing, though it is indeed pretty funny.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:40 am 
Oh also, to all of the undead hunters that perked up at me mentioning being a vampire: I will happily have one of my teammates kill me on day 7, and this will achieve your goals just as well. I just realized that we need someone to lynch on day 7, since we'll have killed python, so we lizardmen can use one of our kills to kill me, and we can lynch whichever undead that we leave alive.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 am 
By the way, feel free to raise any complaints you have with me, either publicly or privately, and I'll try to address it the best I can. I really don't want to be surprise killed by someone who won't even give me a chance to explain myself.

On that note, can someone please tase Hantoa, or at least make sure he doesn't go killing people randomly? He seems very trigger happy, given that he tried to kill Margarita yesterday, even though she's definitely human.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:32 am 
I don't support you killing Linus, since he seems like he's been going out of his way to be pro-town. Other than that, though, I think this is a good deal for town, especially since it's one that seems pretty easily enforceable. (If more than one person is killed who isn't on the list that Josh submitted, then we know someone's killing townies.)

If you kill people who are re-animated or python, then I don't have any worries about this, and if rusch doesn't mind dying, I don't object to that death either. What creeped me out was the seemingly random "shoot first and ask questions later" strategy it seemed like you guys had yesterday.

Also, should note that I just assumed there would be a break in minions around 10:45 or something to check forums since there usually is during mafia games It seemed suspicious that no good explanation was ever offered for the fact that Sammy was supposedly a vampire even though multiple people had concerns about it. It also seemed weird that Josh offered no response to Linus' post, which seemed a little sketchy.

Anyway, though, I think that this is a good deal and am personally in favor of town abiding by it. Jason - I will probably try to research you today if that's okay with you to get more info on lizardmen. (Also, who are the other lizardmen who are also bound by this deal on your side?)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:49 am 
Is rusch a known zombie or sth?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:57 am 
He's been in a zombie chat with me, jamb, and gurev...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:04 am 
I'm conflicted about this. I can independently verify a lot of what Jason said and he seems to be acting pretty pro town but the existence of [[wash]] makes me hesitant to trust lizards based on a no killing truce.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am 
Pretty sure that [[wash]] is once per game, and that josh was probably the wash. (If he wasn't, I would still guess it's already been used up.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:53 am 
Probably. Jason, could you tell us about the mechanics of wash and who you guys brainwashed, assuming you already used it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:07 pm 
Yes, Josh was the [[wash]], and it is once per game among all players (so teaching it doesn't get around that)

We weren't actually shooting first and asking questions later. Like I said, we had reasons for all of our kills: the vampires were actively planning to kill town, and Jackie and Pesto had already caused the death of Dylan.

We couldn't go public with our plan to eliminate all the vampires, because the vampires knew I was a lizardman, and our plan relied a lot on them trusting me.

boof and I are the only members left of the lizardmen. If anyone wants to research us, we would be fine with that.

For what it's worth, I'm still kinda annoyed that rusch bit boof after she explicitly said that she wasn't vaccinated. If he was wrong about boof not being human, that would've cost town points.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:57 pm 
Why were vampires planning to kill town?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:46 pm 
They were planning to kill undead hunters like pravinas, who are town.