Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 pm 
Regardless, the randomites need to elect someone to be mayor and police officer right now! You have a majority of the players over there.

I would prefer that Shike not be mayor right now. He's trolling a bit too much for my tastes.

But get somebody elected!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:34 pm 
Ok, I'll start another petition for mayor. It will be in black hole with the other petitions shortly. Although I'm of the opinion that Shike is sufficiently serious when the town needs him to be serious and that it would be fine if he were mayor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:36 pm 
I'm not vanilla, btw. Forgot to post that when Dgrazian asked.

Not sure who to vote for and not at Random right now. If there's last minute discussion I might not see it, so I apologize for that in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:45 pm 
Will be at random within 10 minutes with Cathy. Please please please have petition complete.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 pm 
I'm too busy to vote intelligently tonight; no vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:11 pm 
Krue, you're police officer now. Can you please protect me?

Much more importantly, Shike, please investigate somebody right away. Publicly post who you're investigating so the 'natural' investigators can investigate somebody else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:13 pm 
Done. Posted an announcement about it in a separate topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:13 pm 
I believe sibyani, Josh Frisch, and Delong Meng are the only Randomites who haven't posted alibis. (But I don't think Josh is actually on campus yet?) It may be worth noting that sibyani lives on Clam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:15 pm 
Nevermind, Shike just said that he investigated me. He tried to retract investigation, because I was at et battlecoding with Adam and others, but aok had already sent the investigation result.

I have no reason to believe that he's lying; just an honest mistake probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:15 pm 
Nevermind, Shike just said that he investigated me. He tried to retract investigation, because I was at et battlecoding with Adam and others, but aok had already sent the investigation result.

I have no reason to believe that he's lying; just an honest mistake probably.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:20 pm 
Josh is being proxied by mchang. It would be legal for her to make a kill representing him (doesn't count as using hitman).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:22 pm 
Dgrazian did not kill mgavrin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 pm 
Other investigator, make sure to investigate this asap.

Choose a proxy to deliver your result for you. It's a risk but one that's necessary.

I would very much like to be this investigator proxy. I have a fair amount of experience being investigator, and I can give advice if you need it. Regardless, make sure to keep your identity revealed to no more than 1-2 people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm 
I'm going to come out and say that I am somewhat suspicious of kaufmand. During the hour or so before the kill, he wandered into the kitchen several times, paused to look around, and either walked through or turned and left without saying anything. He's seemed more nervous to me today than he normally does. (I tend to trust my gut feelings, and I have a decent track record with them for people who aren't alland) He was sitting in Black Hole for a while shortly before the kill, during which time I asked him about why he kept wandering in and out and looking sketchy, and he said he had just been wandering around the dorm, mentioned looking for mannes. His alibi places him at the scene of the kill within five minutes of it occurring, and no one else was paying close attention to times, so I doubt anyone could *actually* refute his claim. The fact that he remembers the exact time that he left the kitchen actually seems more sketchy to me. I feel like (at least for me) I tend to know the timing of my actions better when I've had reason to check the time (such as PMing the moderator to tell them about a kill).

Take this as you will. I know some people don't like to go on gut instinct, but I feel like there's enough evidence in there that I should post this to the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm 
Elizabeth Krueger wrote:
I'm going to come out and say that I am somewhat suspicious of kaufmand. During the hour or so before the kill, he wandered into the kitchen several times, paused to look around, and either walked through or turned and left without saying anything. He's seemed more nervous to me today than he normally does. (I tend to trust my gut feelings, and I have a decent track record with them for people who aren't alland) He was sitting in Black Hole for a while shortly before the kill, during which time I asked him about why he kept wandering in and out and looking sketchy, and he said he had just been wandering around the dorm, mentioned looking for mannes. His alibi places him at the scene of the kill within five minutes of it occurring, and no one else was paying close attention to times, so I doubt anyone could *actually* refute his claim. The fact that he remembers the exact time that he left the kitchen actually seems more sketchy to me. I feel like (at least for me) I tend to know the timing of my actions better when I've had reason to check the time (such as PMing the moderator to tell them about a kill).

Take this as you will. I know some people don't like to go on gut instinct, but I feel like there's enough evidence in there that I should post this to the forum.

I'm also extremely sketched out by dkaufman. When I exited Black Hole kitchen and sat down on the stairs, I heard dkaufman say "_____ kill Shi-ke." while he was exiting Black Hole lounge. Then we had an awkward moment of silence and exchange of awkward expressions on our face. While we were hanging out in Black Hole lounge, it kind of felt awkward with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:44 pm 
I didn't remember the time I left the kitchen, but I did remember what I was doing in black hole and what I was doing in bonfire. So I check my browsing history and came up with a time range in which I went from black hole to bonfire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 pm 
Can we see said browsing history?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm 
Cathy Capalla wrote:
I'm also extremely sketched out by dkaufman. When I exited Black Hole kitchen and sat down on the stairs, I heard dkaufman say "_____ kill Shi-ke." while he was exiting Black Hole lounge. Then we had an awkward moment of silence and exchange of awkward expressions on our face. While we were hanging out in Black Hole lounge, it kind of felt awkward with him.

I'm also extremely sketched out by kaufmand. He kept touching me in weird ways, and said he wanted to put his junk in my face. Then we had an awkward moment of silence and exchange of awkward expressions on our face. While we were hanging out in Black Hole lounge, it kind of felt awkward with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 pm 
shikexue wrote:
Cathy Capalla wrote:

I'm also extremely sketched out by kaufmand. He kept touching me in weird ways, and said he wanted to put his junk in my face. Then we had an awkward moment of silence and exchange of awkward expressions on our face. While we were hanging out in Black Hole lounge, it kind of felt awkward with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 pm 
Based on who I remember was around when I sent certain emails/chats, I can that kaufmand came to Bonfire between 8:30 and 8:50. I'm sorry that I can't give a narrower interval.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:50 pm 
*can say that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:56 pm 
It's last minute. I tried to change my vote to kaufmand because I still suspect him and want to set up tiebreaks. Don't know if I got it in on time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:56 pm 
Voted for kaufmand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 pm 
I was discovering the wild jungles of Boston at that time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:00 am 
People with alibis, followed by person with confirmation in parens

AdamYedidia - Battlecode (dgrazian)
Alex - at ET (cathy)
andrealincoln - BH Kitchen making Boba (Cathy, Krue, Kaufmand)
Cathy Capalla - Napping at ET (dgrazian)
Daniel Grazian - Battlecode (AdamY + NPs)
Elizabeth Krueger - BH Kitchen (Cathy, Kaufmand)
jk(hobin) - writing the internet (shikexue)
kaufmand - BH Kitchen (Krue, but not sure of time he moved to Bonfire)
kbeth - Sick (shikexue)
lilychen - Manic Sages (kosiarek)
shikexue - writing the internet (hobinjk)

People without [confirmed by someone else] alibis: (Please post what you were doing)
Cecilia - At Loop making dinner
Chewy Shaw - He lives in Senior Haus, so the probability he made the kill is low.
Jenny Not Jennifer - lives in McCormick, so low probability she made the kill
Josh Frisch - Megan is his sub for now, and apparently did not know she was subbing for him, so yeah...
garywang
Lydia Krasilnikova
mannes
Molly K
Nathan
Schmolly
Sibyani - something about jungles?
MattSusskind - lives far from Random

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:05 am 
I was on Bonfire at the time of the murder. You can ask NPs (Tessa Green, Anthony Lu, Jordan Goldstein) to verify this. Kaufmand can confirm that I was in the kitchen when he arrived on Bonfire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:07 am 
I saw Lydia coming back from Shaws around 9pm or so. I am more convinced that Schmolly was around Black Hole when the murder happened than I am of kaufmand being around, although I'm not entirely convinced of either. (updating the list a bit on people confirming alibis)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 am 
I assumed my alibi was unnecessary as I was not seen by anyone at Random during the time. However I do have a pretty strong alibi. I was at the theaters watching Gangster Squad. Here is my ticket stub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:14 am 
I was at ET all day. Alex and dgrazian can confirm this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 am 
Nathan was at et all day. That's not to say he couldn't have sneaked out for an hour and made the kill over at Random, but I really, really doubt it. It would be quite inconvenient, and I don't think Nathan would bother doing that.