A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:24 am 
Let's kill some mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:30 am 
Agreed, but I don't see what we can know yet since nothing's really happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:34 pm 
We don't know anything yet, beyond whatever we get from talking to people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:40 pm 
Yup. And I doubt many people have been talking yet, given our collective tendency to sleep into the pm hours and not talk on the forums until 10 minutes before the votes need to go in. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:40 pm 
Anyway, I'm working on a spreadsheet to track votes/lynches/kills, as has been done in previous games. I'll post a link when I have it set up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:18 pm 
I would be all for discussion, as well as maybe a recap of particularly important things that happened at kickoff last night. Unless nothing important happened. In which case saying nothing happened would work too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:22 pm 
The rules were read. There's not really any ingame information you can get out of kickoff, since no one had roles until after it dispersed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:39 pm 
There were a couple changes to the rules made after kickoff because we talked over them with Adam and proposed a bunch of stuff, but I think they were posted on here already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:42 pm 
Was it at least explained why the knights were gay? Does this mean a pair has to be the same gender? Or that they have to be romantically involved? Why can't the just be boon companions? I mean I'm not against seeing romantic undertones it every single relationship ever, but you'd think changing it from a dame and knight would open up new possibilities.

Or maybe they are just two really happy knights and then one of the dying makes the other one sad. Hm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:48 pm 
(sorry for the double post) One thing we can talk about now is which roles, if any, should reveal and whether or not it should be through proxies. One proposal I've heard before is that investigators should reveal through proxies, so they can coordinate and not waste two investigations on the same person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:49 pm 
I assume it is because the love is the only reason they would commit suicide because the other one died. And they are both knights because that makes them more likely to attempt to go out and do a last minute revenge kill just before suicide. But that was just my conjecture :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:52 pm 
I don't think there are any gender restrictions on knight pairs. "Gay" was probably just used as a shorthand for "in love regardless of gender," which is a bit wrong. Bisexual knights would be more accurate and funnier. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm 
Hmmm, I suppose, but I don't think bisexual would necessarily be accurate either. I mean, bisexual means a person is potentially attracted to both genders All we really know is that the two knights would be in love with each other, which says nothing about their view towards either gender as a whole.

Perhaps I'll just think of the knights as two people who have spent years in training together, forging a connection that has withstood the test of fire and steel. Is there love involved? Most definitely. Is it romantic love? Who can say. One of them dies before anything can be figured out </3 (unless they both live to the end of this game, in which case whooo, you go knights!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:13 pm 
We wanted to change Knight and Dame to be symmetric. We wanted to maintain the romantic relationship. And we liked the knight concept.

Well, historically, knights were basically universally male. So knights in love with each other would be gay.

Hence gay knights :)

But to be clear, all roles are gender neutral. All players are identically likely to be a gay knight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 pm 
I don't think I'm going to be around Random tonight, because of battlecode (though I will be tomorrow.) Those at Random should quickly get petitions going for Mayor and Police Officer. We want those elected right away.

I would like to be mayor, but most importantly, we want to have a mayor. I don't really care that much at all about who the police officer is. Just be sure to elect one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:05 pm 
dgrazian's explanation of Gay Knights is correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 pm 
Are we doing no lynch if no kill? Or should we lynch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:57 pm 
Given that it is as of yet unclear who the inactives are, the vote should likely be a no lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:58 pm 
There are currently petitions circulating Random to elect me Police Officer and Shike as mayor. Corresponding impeachment petitions are circulating with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 pm 
Can someone bring the petitions to BMF or tell me where they are? I was asleep and may have missed the first run.

Also, are the impeachment petitions going to be held at a few signatures less than necessary and are just collecting sigs now so we can impeach any officials on short notice if they turn sketchy? Or is someone actually trying to prevent the election of Krue and Shike?

Also I vote for no lynch if no kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:07 pm 
The first one, approximately. Generally it's considered a good idea to have impeachment petitions ready to hand in just in case people go rogue.

The petitions circulated Black Hole, but I think the petition holders went back to Black Hole lounge to work on their X Camp game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:22 pm 
Unless someone has reason to do otherwise (and that doesn't have to be anything concrete; please voice suspicions if you have them) I will vote 'no lynch'

But my guess is someone will be murdered. We'll see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:27 pm 
Also, I would like to make a strong request for the Police Officer to protect me tomorrow. I am an important role, and if the last game is any indication, I think I am a likely target for the mafia. Plus, I will be pretty easy to kill tomorrow, since I will be around both random and et.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 pm 
I am voting no lynch unless something happens. I approve of Dgrazian's request for protection; it does little harm if he's mafia and much good if he's town. If I was mafia I'd totally want to kill dgrazian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:51 pm 
Sounds acceptable to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:54 pm 
I would like to ask that only non-vanilla players run for Mayor and Police officer so that we have the possibility or threat of checking them with Seer. This policy that was accepted and implemented last game. As much as it's unfortunate that it makes those without special roles not get to get an interesting elected role, I believe this is important to do for town to trust these positions.

Daniel and I have already announced that we are non-vanilla townies. I'd like to ask Krue or Shike to do the same if they are to be elected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:55 pm 
hi guys - i have been recovering from a bad virus and i am not very mobile yet - i'm sorry i haven't been at random to sign petitions/talk to people, i am super bored of being in bed all the time :( hopefully i will be well enough to be around tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:03 pm 
So, any ideas on how to vote tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:23 pm 
I've been trying to get over to random from et for about 45 minutes. Unfortunately, the bus schedule is completely messed up right now. If I get over there, it will be shortly before midnight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:27 pm 
Day ends in 35 minutes. Any thoughts? Think quickly.