A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:04 pm 
Begin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm 
Moral of story: last minute lynch mobs are bad. Fortunately, that worked out fine. It likely won't next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm 
Also, you guys all missed my speech. It was the greatest speech you've never heard in your life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm 
I am starting to regret living in no man's land if it means missing speeches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm 
(speech is metaphorical I think?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:09 pm 
People tried to start the discussion earlier. No one objected until the last minute.

Post subject:
Well I regret missing metaphorical speeches too.

Post subject:
++ dgrazian
IIRC, last game people thought that a meeting getting people to meet cross-residence was a desirable thing. I suggest we set up a time and location for this sometime today (and transportation groups for the more paranoid among us).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:10 pm 
nobody objected to superhero testing dgrazian. Multiple people objected to not having a designated back up kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:12 pm 
I wasn't saying people objected to Dgrazian. The proposal of "lynch some inactive, anyone have a suggestion?" happened earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm 
Yeah, but the discussion as to which inactive to lynch was as last minute as can be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:14 pm 
Wait by today do you mean day 4 today, or Monday the 14th today. Because I do not know if I want to change out of my warm comfy pajamas for a cross-residence meeting right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:16 pm 
there is no need to get out of pajamas, we simply should organize a cross residence meeting at some point. Given that this game day last until 11pm tomorrow, it would be really dumb to have a meeting now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:17 pm 
In-game day, not this day, I don't like doing things that last minute.
Apologies for starting the lynch mob so late, I had about 5 tinfoil hats on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 pm 
There was no kill on Day 3? Is it safe to assume that mafia conscripted someone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm 
Having a conscription doesn't replace the Mafia's ability to kill someone:
Quote:
Conscript a Townsperson
Mafia ability usable once, does NOT use up daily kill

However, Mafia will probably conscript someone soon just because we now have two people who have been proven innocent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 pm 
Lydia Krasilnikova wrote:
There was no kill on Day 3? Is it safe to assume that mafia conscripted someone?

Conscription does not use up the daily kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:48 pm 
Sorry, I was out town this weekend. I'm down to meet tomorrow/today-in-game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:46 am 
Sorry about my inactivity. I've been hosed by Battlecode the past couple days, but I should have more time now that the sprint tournament is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 am 
jk wrote:
Mafia will probably conscript someone soon just because we now have two people who have been proven innocent.

They have not technically been proven to currently be innocent. They have been proven to have both been innocent at game start. If you want to be specific, it is true that they cannot both be mafia, so at least one of them is innocent since that would require two conscriptions. Just a thought to keep in mind if you're going to trust either of them based on their miraculous speech-giving abilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 am 
It would be my guess that they conscripted one of the two proven innocent people, because then "we trust them already" and they can use that trust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm 
Who do we lynch today?

I definitely think we should lynch somebody--lynching anybody is better than lynching no-one, even in the absence of information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:34 pm 
I'm not going to have internet access again until after 11 so I'm voting no lynch as a default.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:41 pm 
I agree with Adam. Every time we lynch, we have a chance of killing a mafia. Everytime the mafia kills, there is 0 chance they killed a mafia. So lynching randomly is better than just letting mafia kills to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm 
I agree also. So, how are we deciding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:54 pm 
To throw out a name, I suggest Delong (nealth.) Feel free to agree or object. But let's not wait until 10:55 :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:00 pm 
Any particular reason? He has been posting sometimes, so it's not completely inactive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:05 pm 
No particularly compelling reason. I don't have anything to go on, and I'm throwing out what I think is a reasonable name.

And there are no complete inactives in this game (yay!!!) But Delong is pretty close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm 
Chewy Shaw wrote:
I agree with Adam. Every time we lynch, we have a chance of killing a mafia. Everytime the mafia kills, there is 0 chance they killed a mafia. So lynching randomly is better than just letting mafia kills to happen.

well... historically that's not quite true... "cough" bowler "cough"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 pm 
At this point I'm going to come out and say that I'm highly suspicious of Dgrazian. At game start he didn't seem any more sketchy than anyone else, but over the last day or two, I don't know, he's just seemed kind of...off. Unlike with my suspicions against kaufmand earlier, I've seen Dgrazian play before, and he's had a neon fucking sign over his head yelling at me that he's being sketchy, but I haven't had anything more definitive than that to go on (I am also not the only one who's been thinking that, by the way). However, given the discussion from last night and today, I am even more convinced of this.

Daniel Grazian wrote:
No particularly compelling reason. I don't have anything to go on, and I'm throwing out what I think is a reasonable name.

And there are no complete inactives in this game (yay!!!) But Delong is pretty close.

Seriously? What the hell?

Dgrazian never randomly picks someone out of midair with that much conviction. Also, if we're going to randomly lynch inactives, why was he so against lynching garywang but is fine with lynching delong. If we're lynching inactives, garywang should have been a perfectly legitimate option. Delong had in fact posted on the forum multiple times without having to be told to do so, and also voted in 2 of the 3 days of game so far, whereas Gary has completely failed to do so, so if you're lynching inactives, garywang would actually be the more obvious choice, which Dgrazian adamantly opposed yesterday.

Why would he do that, unless both of them are mafia? (admittedly, Gary may have a useful special role, but in that case, it really would have been time for role claiming, not "guys don't kill the inactive, he's a good player when he actually does things") Gary may actually be a good mafia player (I don't know, I don't really remember hearing anything particularly stellar about him), but active players are generally better for town than good players who don't do anything.

Also, of the two players who have publicly been proven to be game-start innocents, one is dead, and the other is Dgrazian. Admittedly he's protected today, so the mafia could technically be waiting til tomorrow, but seriously. Dgrazian, who's been proven to be a game-start innocent, would be the holy grail of conscription candidates. I don't trust him further than I can throw him at this point.

Tl;dr:
I think that Dgrazian was conscripted by Schmolly because the mafia were being incompetent and she needed someone to make things happen when she was caught for making both of the first two kills. I believe that garywang is likely also mafia, and Dgrazian is currently trying his damnedest to keep him from getting lynched for inactivity.