Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 Death #2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:41 am 
Nathan died at 5:28 AM at ET in the Pit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 am 
Not true. Nathan died in the Pit. Josh killed him after being smited.

Investigation results are out on Alex's death. Gary killed Alex. It seems like he was conscripted by Jfrisch.

gg wp.

Looks like townspeople win this round. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 pm 
We don't win for sure quite yet--Gary might have been Framed.

But we should certainly lynched him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 pm 
*lynch him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:32 pm 
Adam, I was with you and dgrazian in the Pit when Alex was killed. You said you guys started playing Battleline at 3:26am, and I was with you when you started playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:35 pm 
Actually, I thought about it, and never mind--let's NOT lynch Gary. It's pretty likely Gary was framed--it was the perfect time to use it for Josh, and Josh was very excited about investigating Gary at the time. Instead, let's investigate Josh, see if he *also* killed Alex, and if so, we know Gary was framed and therefore innocent. It would be nice if we could investigate him tonight.

Even if we can't, though, let's not lynch him tonight. Suppose Gary was the one who killed Alex, and a later investigation reveals this. We can trivially win by investigating and lynching him tomorrow. Because Gary being mafia means we win anyway, why not assume he's innocent, at least for the time being? There's no fire.

I think Andrea should tell everybody everybody's role (since she's going to die soon and the mafia have used their two set a traps anyway) and then we can lynch people whose roles make them sketchy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:36 pm 
Gary, I dunno about your alibi--I don't remember if you were still there 4 minutes after the game began. But I still don't want to lynch you till there's an investigation, for the reason above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:07 pm 
Adam, why wait? I'm the real investigator, and I got a positive on Gary.

I remember exactly what happened last night/this morning. I was dying my hair brown, and I washed it at 3 AM. You (Adam), dgrazian, Gary, and Sam (?), left dungeon. Adam and dgrazian went into the pit, and Adam taught dgrazian the rules of a poker card/board game. Gary was not in that room at the time.

After our short correspondence outside of dungeon (prior to dgrazian and Adam hanging out in the pit), I remember Gary going upstairs from the basement. And when I went upstairs a couple minutes after I saw Josh. We met around the alley, next to the stairway to Icebox. It seems like he came from the stairs next Front Room, if not the alley stairway. Josh asked where the dorm was. Of course, I did not feel safe around Josh, so I asked dgrazian and Adam to help me show Josh to the dorm. Gary was not there in the Pit at the time. And I do remember going up the stairs and hearing noises in Big Back, where Gary resides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:16 pm 
After showing Josh the dorm, Josh, Adam, dgrazian, and I went back to the Pit. About ~5-10 minutes later, Gary finally entered the Pit with his laundry. Alex then came into the a room after a couple minutes.

We already know Josh is a fucker, so we don't need to investigate him anymore. And if Josh was the killer, he would have to ask around where Alex is. He doesn't know where the dorm is, and he's been there plenty. What more the room that Alex lives in? Alex died in Right Front. Sure, Josh could have checked the map in the alley, but it can be confusing. And it did not show Alex's name; it showed his initials.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm 
Don't waste time. Don't make the game go on longer than it should be.

Lynch Gary. If he's innocent, then whatever. At least we know that we didn't take a chance and that there's still a mafia out there.

And if there wasn't a conscript, and Josh is dead, then the game's already over.

Lynch Gary.
Lynch Gary.
Lynch Gary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:21 pm 
garywang wrote:
Adam, I was with you and dgrazian in the Pit when Alex was killed. You said you guys started playing Battleline at 3:26am, and I was with you when you started playing.

They started playing Battleline after you guys played LoL. When you went in the room, they were already in the middle of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm 
And if you don't want to lynch Gary, who do you propose to lynch? Do you think we should have a no lynch, which I think is a very bad idea?

Through dkaufman's death, I've been proven innocent. During our mafia meeting in Pecker, I already felt uneasy around Josh. I even saw dkaufman calling Josh over to talk. I told grazian I suspected Josh. I investigated Josh for Krue's death. I emailed dgrazian to refrain from being alone with Josh since he might get conscripted.

I hope this is enough to prove that I'm not a fucker. <_>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:48 pm 
We should lynch Josh, who we know to be mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 pm 
garywang wrote:
We should lynch Josh, who we know to be mafia.

I'M AFTER YOU ZIXAO WANG.

-turret aggro-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:55 pm 
Cathy Capalla wrote:
garywang wrote:

They started playing Battleline after you guys played LoL. When you went in the room, they were already in the middle of the game.

I went in the room twice. I went in the first time to check if the laundry machine was being used, and stayed for a few minutes to watch them start playing. Then, I went upstairs to grab my laundry, which is presumably when you heard sounds from my room. Then, I went back to the Pit to put my clothes in the washer.

Quote:
We already know Josh is a fucker, so we don't need to investigate him anymore. And if Josh was the killer, he would have to ask around where Alex is. He doesn't know where the dorm is, and he's been there plenty. What more the room that Alex lives in? Alex died in Right Front. Sure, Josh could have checked the map in the alley, but it can be confusing. And it did not show Alex's name; it showed his initials.

Josh could have easily checked all the rooms until he found someone alone. There aren't very many rooms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:57 pm 
I agree with lynching Gary unless something dramatic happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:02 pm 
I have a question. Is there any potential for a physical meetup sometime soonish? Because I may be confused about what has just happened. And I like talking to people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:16 pm 
Do we have a mayor who can detain the one we don't lynch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:01 pm 
I am investigator (dgrazian and Andrea can confirm this). I just investigated Josh for killing Alex and got a positive result. It would be nice if someone could be elected mayor and confirm this result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 pm 
I have police protection today; and I proclaimed my role as investigator. I made the dkaufman investigation. Dgrazian claimed he did the investigation so he could protect me from the mafia. I was my own investigator proxy.

I'm betting everything on Gary.

Tomorrow, I will be in the lab and in Epsilon Theta. You will only find me in these two places.

If I die, then it's either a non-ET player came into the house and killed me, Gary killed me, or a henchman was used. If I die and Gary continues to live after proclaiming his role as investigator, he is mafia. I'm sure mafia won't allow investigators to live. :p

Adam is innocent because he is Prophet. Dgrazian is innocent because he made sure to stay away from circumstances that would make him be with Jfrish alone.

If Gary lives, and I'm still alive, I will investigate the same people he investigates.

I'M AFTER YOU ZIXAO WANG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:23 pm 
garywang wrote:
I am investigator (dgrazian and Andrea can confirm this). I just investigated Josh for killing Alex and got a positive result. It would be nice if someone could be elected mayor and confirm this result.

Mayor cannot investigate until tomorrow because Nathan used it today. This would give Gary another day to kill, assuming (~95% chance) he's mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 pm 
Nathan verified Gary to be investigator.
Also mayor used his powers before 11pm yesterday...right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:35 pm 
So then do we lynch Josh, or Gary?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:37 pm 
I vote to lynch Gary.
I'll shovel his corpse, and if he's innocent we lynch Cathy as revenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 pm 
jk wrote:
I vote to lynch Gary.
I'll shovel his corpse, and if he's innocent we lynch Cathy as revenge.

Does it tell if he's conscripted? Because he's really an investigator...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 pm 
Guys! Voting for Gary is not a good idea because we may as well wait until tomorrow, when we can investigate him and know for sure whether or not he's innocent!

Also, even if Gary turns out to be innocent, it's not like that demonstrates Cathy's guilt. We should be basing our lynchings on alibis, not words, now that there is only a single mafia left.

Instead, I vote to lynch Lydia. (Sorry Lydia; I chose you randomly. Also, you're a Randomite, and most of the deaths have been at Random.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 pm 
I would need confirmation, but rules say:
Quote:
Anyone can use the shovel to find the alignment and role of any dead player. Consumed when god responds with the alignment and role of the player.

Alignment sounds like it detects conscription[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:55 pm 
jk is right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 pm 
I think it's silly to lynch a random townsperson when we have better suspects.

I am voting for Josh. He claims to be ironheart though he is not ironheart, which is really shady. If you're really interested I can tell you who is ironheart, but I'd prefer not to since this role is more useful if it isn't publicly revealed.

I don't really understand what happened today, possibly because there are a lot of unfamiliar words and places. Like the pit. What is the pit. A meeting would be nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 pm 
Josh is automatically dying tomorrow (mafia today as of 1 minute ago) due to being successfully smote, which is why I suggested not voting for him.