Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm 

Day 7 begins. It will end at 11 PM on Sunday. It is forbidden to take game action from Noon Friday until Noon Sunday due to Mystery Hunt. Discussion, on the forum and in-person, is allowed.

Have fun with hunt!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am 
I'm poisoned. Fuck you mafia. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:33 am 
Well, I'm going to die in two days. Tell me your roles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:58 am 
Why are you poisoned?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 am 
Lydia Krasilnikova wrote:
Why are you poisoned?

Because I'm investigator. ¬¬

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:59 am 
Cathy Capalla wrote:
Lydia Krasilnikova wrote:
Why are you poisoned?

Because I'm investigator. ¬¬

And I bet everything on Gary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am 
BTW, have we grave-dug the dead mafia to ensure we didn't already get the conscript?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:45 pm 
Cathy's right--everybody needs to tell her their roles. She's 100% provably innocent, since in the truly bizarre event that she's mafia and she lied about being poisoned, when she doesn't die when she's supposed to, we can just lynch her and win anyway.

So she has to be innocent! May as well give her all the information we have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:46 pm 
Also, Chewy, that's an excellent point. We should definitely do that. I have a shovel--I'll grave-dig Josh, who as the last mafia we discovered is the likeliest to be a conscript.

Of course, I'll probably have to wait until after mystery hunt to actually grave-dig him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm 
I am voting no lynch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:06 pm 
Whoops, I thought it was back Saturday not Sunday. Ignore me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm 
I am running for mayor.

I will be coming around with my Mayoral petition. You can simultaneously sign a petition to impeach me.

We need a mayor right now. The Mayor's investigator ability is really important. Adam, Cathy and I have been discussing the current situation extensively at Epsilon Theta. We are confident that the last remaining mafia is not among us. The fact that Jfrisch came over to et to kill Alex/Nathan strongly suggests that making kills at et is difficult for the mafia (i.e. that they don't have a mafia over there) Likewise, for using poison on Investigator Cathy Capalla.

As superhero, I am also more difficult for the mafia to kill, since he/she has to consider the possibility that I might be ironheart on any given day. This makes me a particularly good choice for mayor.

Also, we should lynch somebody tonight. I will consider lynching anybody that is not Adam, Cathy, or myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:11 pm 
I am running for mayor.

I will be coming around with my Mayoral petition. You can simultaneously sign a petition to impeach me.

We need a mayor right now. The Mayor's investigator ability is really important. Adam, Cathy and I have been discussing the current situation extensively at Epsilon Theta. We are confident that the last remaining mafia is not among us. The fact that Jfrisch came over to et to kill Alex/Nathan strongly suggests that making kills at et is difficult for the mafia (i.e. that they don't have a mafia over there) Likewise, for using poison on Investigator Cathy Capalla.

As superhero, I am also more difficult for the mafia to kill, since he/she has to consider the possibility that I might be ironheart on any given day. This makes me a particularly good choice for mayor.

Also, we should lynch somebody tonight. I will consider lynching anybody that is not Adam, Cathy, or myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:31 pm 
Much as it hurts me to eat my previous words about how "no lynch is never good": I'm not convinced we should lynch somebody tonight. Because alibis have become so incredibly powerful, it might make sense to wait for the mafia to make a kill, and hope that that gives some innocents some rock-solid alibis. Once we have players who we all know to be innocent, we can start lynching everybody who isn't them.

That said, it's possible that kills won't get us any good alibis, given that the remaining alive players aren't that numerous and aren't all concentrated in one place. I'm receptive to arguments for either lynching or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:55 pm 
I think we should lynch somebody. I believe that the benefit of waiting is outweighed by the fact that lynching gives us a chance of killing a mafia. Basically, the more lynches the better.

Like I mentioned before, the mafia's recent kills strongly suggest that the last mafia is not at et. I would be fine lynching anybody else, though I would prefer to lynch one of lilychen, mannes, sibyani, or lydia (the randomites.) Note that lydia's claim that jfrisch tried to kill her means very little. It would be easy to fake.

I'd be less inclined to lynch Jenny, Chewy, or MattSusskind, because there is a strong chance that the last mafia is a conscript, and their more remote locations would have made them less attractive conscription targets. However, I would still prefer lynching one of them to not lynching at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:10 pm 
I think the question right now is: do we think that a kill by the mafia will help us, or hurt us? It will remove one of the innocent people from the game, but it will also likely prove several other players innocent.

If we think that a kill helps us (which I think it may) we can force the mafia to kill by no-lynching until they do. Josh was not a conscript, and kaufmand and schmolly probably weren't either, since we killed them pretty early. So the last person is probably a conscript, conscripted on the last day by Josh. The conscript likely has yet to make a kill, since Josh was the one who made the previous kills.

Anybody could be the conscript. Until the conscript kills, there's no reason to believe that he or she lives at Random instead of ET.

To be honest, the more I think about it, the less I like lynching people until we know where the conscript lives. Lynching people is kind of like having the mafia kill people, except we get no alibis and there's not the 1/n chance of immediately winning the game. But I'm really sad about the lack of alibis. Let's wait until we can prove people innocent to lynch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:36 pm 
I would go for Lydia, she posted at 10:24 PM while at desk that Josh tried to kill her. However, jk was killed at 10:24 PM as well.
So Josh after being freaked out by Lydia ran to destiny to kill jk. This seems a bit suspicious, were there any witnesses to JFrisch attack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:43 pm 
To be fair I think Lydia's story is probably truthful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 pm 
A lot can happen in a minute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm 
I think I would agree with you except for the following:

It is highly unlikely that the mafia have used Hire a Hitman. As far as we know, Schmolly killed Miranda and Cecilia, kaufmand killed Shike, Molly, and Krue, and jfrisch killed Alex and Nathan.

So players' alibis don't mean all that much, until they have two strong alibis. And I don't think we can afford to wait that long.

Separately, I do think that players from et are less likely to have been conscripted, because of jfrisch's kills over there, which would have been an unnecessary suicide if there was another mafia over there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:41 pm 
Okay, I'm going to vote for lilychen. She's one of the randomites, and I do think we should be lynching people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:47 pm 
I will die on day 8 at 11 PM. Please tell me your role before then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 pm 
Our opponents only have one instance of Hire a Hitman, and they may already have used it. Alibis are still very strong, in my opinion.

Additionally, your argument for why ET people are less likely to be conscripted doesn't hold if you consider that Josh most likely came to ET in part in order to conscript. The conscript probably hadn't been made until he got here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:53 pm 
Also, does anybody else have a shovel? We now know for sure Josh wasn't a conscript, but we want to check that kaufmand and schmolly weren't either. Can we dig them up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:55 pm 
Honestly, though, if we vote "no lynch" I think that's fine. Just remember, that alibis don't mean that somebody is cleared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 pm 
If you have an alibi you're pretty damn close to cleared...