Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:14 am 
It's a shame to have two points of contact for blue team, but
(1) I don't trust aok in the slightest.
(2) He wouldn't coordinate with me when I initially messaged him privately.
(3) I'm already in contact with multiple people whom I have nontrivial reason to believe are blue.
(4) I already committed to multiple people that I'd post my color publicly, and told enough people my color that there's little point not doing so.

So, now y'all get to decide whether to claim to me or aok... should probably flip a coin or something if you don't trust either of us more than the other?

I intend to be (a) super organized about spreadsheeting, (b) not reveal your blue-claim to other blue-claimers except after consulting with you and deciding together what's optimal, and (c) entirely evidence-based in updating whose blue claims I believe.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:34 am 
jamb has been asking people to claim colors to her. This is how she already knows some blues. Claiming a color is worth a little less after you've already heard some people claim colors.

I know of no one's color (except pravinas) when I posted, which should make me more trustworthy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:45 am 
Asking people to claim colors before I post publicly is just good sense; I'm much more likely to believe someone is actually blue if they say so before I announce that I'm blue, because they can only probabilistically fake it to me.

That said, I think the coin-flipping-who-to-claim-to thing is reasonable; from your perspective, if you think one of me or aok might be lying, you'd rather not place all your eggs in one basket. DO NOT claim to both of us; we will be coordinating shots and such (without saying who's claimed to us), so claiming to both of us only increases your chances of accidentally having someone untrustworthy knowing your alignment and such.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:53 am 
jamb wrote:
Asking people to claim colors before I post publicly is just good sense; I'm much more likely to believe someone is actually blue if they say so before I announce that I'm blue, because they can only probabilistically fake it to me.

Committing your decisions without having info is good sense, but it also makes you less trusted if you're someone who might fake claim.

jamb wrote:

That said, I think the coin-flipping-who-to-claim-to thing is reasonable; from your perspective, if you think one of me or aok might be lying, you'd rather not place all your eggs in one basket. DO NOT claim to both of us; we will be coordinating shots and such (without saying who's claimed to us), so claiming to both of us only increases your chances of accidentally having someone untrustworthy knowing your alignment and such.

Agreed. Blue team only has so much capability to investigate itself already, and splitting into two groups probably doesn't diminish that capability, for the first few days at least. I would hope more people claim to me though, both because I think you should choose to trust me and because there's already some eggs in the jamb basket.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:46 pm 
jamb is blue and all blue team should reveal to her for coordination and discussion. Aok is not blue, if that wasn't already obvious. I'm happy to discuss this with anyone who is interested.