Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Item Policy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:10 pm 
Because there are no pickpockets, we shouldn’t have items be public, so that mafia won’t be able to know who to kill to get rid iof items. Therefore, we should follow the following policies with regards to items:

1. If you have a public item, pass it on to someone you trust with some probability. This includes your starting item, items you get fron hymnals, and items you get from lynch redistribution.

2. If someone who you had an item transfer with dies, publicly announce the item interaction. If this causes the fact that you have an item to become public, pass it on wih some probability.

Anyone have anything to add/correct?

Post subject: Re: Item Policy
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:12 pm 
I think people that can be silenced should try to acquire tasers, as they can be used to tase the person that shot them plus mark who that person is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:21 pm 
There's not really a way to do this that doesn't involve giving the mafia information about the existence/identity of desperados/secret admirers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:23 pm 
I disagree with rusch, in that I think attempting to acquire a taser gives away more information than immune people want. Like, even the existence of an immune person is useful info for mafia.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:25 pm 
I agree that giving away role information by acquiring a taser is probably not worth the taser. If one can acquire it without revealing information, it is useful for the reasons I said.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 pm 
Possible hack: it is the responsibility of the person with the taser to offer it to other people, and the responsibility of other people to refuse if not immune. Mafia would still probably just take the taser though, and it assumes mafia didn't start with the taser already, which makes this generally bad.