Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 Roleblocks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:27 pm 
Since there was no kill yesterday, we should have people who were roleblocked claim so, and have roleblockers proxy out who they roleblocked.

Incidentally, I was roleblocked yesterday. rip now I look sketchier.

Post subject: Re: Day 1 Roleblocks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 pm 
Actually: roleblockers should not proxy yet unless their target has not claimed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 pm 
Actually, people don't need to proxy today; they should only proxy if the person they roleblocked doesn't claim as such. We only want proxies in order to prevent people from falsely claiming to have been roleblocked in order to give themselves an alibi. Since no kill happened yesterday, there is no incentive for people to fake claim that they were roleblocked.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:33 pm 
We should set a deadline for claiming being roleblocked day 1. 6:00 PM sound good?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:16 am 
I think people who were roleblocked day 1 should claim ASAP, no later than noon tomorrow. We would like roleblockers to proxy out if they roleblocked someone who didn't claim, because then that person is pretty sketchy.

I do think there should be a deadline for people to claim if they were roleblocked day 2, which is later. We want investigators to not be investigating people who have been roleblocked (at least, to the same degree that they disprefer investigating people who have already been investigated as innocent), but we also want investigators to have enough time to process their investigations that they don't collide with one another (especially important on day 2, when planeswalkers might prefer to be pair investigator).

(There may have been a miscommunication; Jason and I were in a discussion at ET about setting deadlines for roleblocks to be claimed, and he said 6 pm, and I said that sounded good, thinking he was talking about people claiming day 2 roleblocks.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:37 pm 
Relevant discussion pasted from chat:

Sammy: re roleblockers: should they proxy out their roleblocks as investigations, or just have the people roleblocked claim to have been roleblocked?

Me: I think roleblockers should proxy out who they roleblocked.
People just claiming who they roleblocked has the issue that people can fake claim (which they would have incentive to do when it could alibi them.)
But I also think that roleblockers pretending their roleblocks are investigations is, in the general case, not very useful.
Because the roleblocked person already knows they were roleblocked, plus the roleblocker would have to add garbage information to actually look like a pair investigator.
Also, relevantly, I feel like mafia are likely to use "look innocent" powers early.
And roleblocked people *actually* are being vouched for to have not made the kill.
Whereas people who show up as innocent are confounded by mafia secret admirer, mafia priest, mafia planeswalker being priest, and possibly pair investigator (if they get exactly the "guilty") set.