Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:33 pm 
We should agree on what type of proxy things should happen for different investigation / investigation-type thing sources.

1. Roleblocks: I think that roleblocked people should say if they are roleblocked (at least after a kill happens for a day). Additionally, roleblockers should proxy out who they roleblocked through a proxy chain of some length (a decent approximation is that if you receive an investigation / investigation-type-thing result, you pass it on to another person with 50% probability). If someone claims to have been roleblocked but there isn't a proxy result from a roleblocker, the roleblock claim is a bit sketchy (though the dead person could have been a roleblocker, of course). Both of these things should happen soon after a kill occurs.
2. Priests: Should proxy out results, through the method described above. If they get a positive result (e.g. X or Y DID kill Z), then they might want to tell a second person, rather than just the one, so mafia don't kill them before the information is released. This should also be done pretty soon after a kill, before pair investigators investigate. I think it's probably worth it for them to clarify that the proxied results are infallible (basically saying that they are priest results), because priests are sufficiently different from pair investigators for this to be worth not adding garbage information.
3. People who got splitter investigations: Publicly say "I got a splitter investigation" so that we know the source of the investigation. This is of no benefit to mafia, because mafia already know who got splitter investigations, so you might as well say this early in the day (probably the minor additional SK risk isn't worth worrying about).
4. Pair investigators: Ideally wait for roleblocks / priest results to come out before investigating. Make sure that your investigations are being reported from the same alias.

I think that, in general, 1-4 should not be faking one another. Faking one another causes information to be lost or garbage info to be generated. Especially with all the recent problems with mafia faking investigations, I think we should avoid this. Also, the typical reason to be faking (baiting traps) is way less relevant than it used to be (when it gave extra kills).

Planeswalkers should follow the procedure for the listed role they're using.

I can post more thoughts on activated secret admirers / desperadoes and role investigators later.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:35 pm 
I think that 7:00 pm is a good deadline for priest results and roleblocks to be proxied out, such that pair investigators can investigate afterwards. Obviously this changes if evening kills happen.

I don't expect any priest results on natalyat to come out, as she is less likely to be on priest lists, IMO. I do expect there to have been a roleblock today, given that there was one yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:19 pm 
I think investigations should be done by 9:30, so that we have sufficient time to discuss lynch votes and no one is surprise lynched.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:17 pm 
From Julian on the chat:
"ok so the following things should happen asap right:
1) splitter proxies out what they split
2) roleblocker proxies out that they blocked sammy
3) pair investigators pair investigate (why do we have an odd number (1) of these so far?)
4) margarita and anyone else with a pair investigations chooses someone and reports back"

Still waiting on things...