A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:39 am 
Who's next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:34 am 
Talked to Schmolly in person, but FYI Josh we think we should kill Cecelia (she is alone on her floor and spends a lot of time there; Delong and Eric Mannes would implicate me too strongly; she also has a shovel). And since a bunch of people are still suspicious of me (albeit perhaps not enough to lynch me anymore) I should have a good alibi when the kill is made.

Also, Schmolly, could you use your newly acquired shovel to grave dig? The sooner we start filling in our chart the better. And if there are (e.g.) fewer seers around it would be nice to know that so we can claim to be special roles rather than vanilla townspeople.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:32 pm 
Should I announce my gravedig on the forum? Or just go ahead and do it and post the results? Or do it and keep it secret?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 pm 
announce all info which you are unsure what to do with here first. General rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:43 pm 
also re-cecilia, she's fine, an E.T. person in a generic place would be great if you could figure it out, but otherwise she's fine. Make sure not to look lurky also if somebody talks to her about the game first, make sure that happens. Try and extract info from her and then relay it to the second person who will make the kill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:26 pm 
Wait; don't reveal the grave dig on the forum. You're using Miranda's shovel to do it, not the one you already had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:29 pm 
Oh yeah, I guess I wasn't clear, if you are ever about to release sensitive info whcih migth have dangerous consequences, revealing here first and checking for validation is a no-harm way to make sure that what you are doing is safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:29 pm 
Gravedug mgavrin: Vanilla townsperson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:54 pm 
What if I kill Delong? Would it take some of the suspicion off of kaufmand?
If they investigate him, he'll come up clean. And what mafia in their right mind would kill someone so near a suspected mafia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:01 pm 
I don't think so, there are various ways to hide investigation, he's not likely to be active, he's sort of a waste of a kill imho. I mean, if there is no other chance, go for it, but otherwise... meh. Krue would be a real nice kill if you could manage, shike would as well. I'm really, really, not worried about delong right now. He seems like he should be pliable keep him until the endgame. Basically blackhole people are good targets because they are generally good players. If you ever get a chance at arkhipov though, you might also want to snatch that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:54 pm 
FYI I've spent a while talking to Andrea and she's really suspicious of dgrazien. We brainstormed for a while and couldn't find any good reason for him to do what he's doing. I asked her to talk to him and see if he can offer any explanation; I assume she'll relay the information to me (and I assume he'll say something like "I messed up", which will sound suspicious)

In the mean time, dgrazien is doing me some good. He apparently indicated to Andrea that he has some reason to trust me, which she interpreted as a negative investigation for the murder. I'm guessing that was a miscommunication, since I'd have expected him to make the investigation known if he'd heard about it. But I'm fine with this result.

Speaking of which, any idea what's up with the investigators? Right now I'm thinking that there aren't many and that they're inactive (nice to know that we didn't just kill the only one, though).

I'm going to be in my room coding stuff for about an hour; I'll be back the forum afterwards.

Oh, and don't kill in black hole kitchen. I was talking to Molly, Andrea, Eric, and Lily and Molly said that she has a pm open and sends off the names of everyone who enters the kitchen immediately. If you kill her you will be caught. If you enter, your entry time will be recorded.

As a side note, every time I see Eric he tells me what time it is :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:02 pm 
Clever. They're not making it easy for us, are they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:14 pm 
yeah, molly is sending the messages to me, it would be nice to know if I am the only one recieving them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:31 pm 
Given that she's paranoid enough to type names of everyone who enters bh kitchen, I'd guess she's telling multiple people. We may need to poison her eventually; if she keeps this up it will be very hard to kill her. But we don't have to worry about that now. And she'll probably get bored of it. Tell us if the messages stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 pm 
Having trouble making a kill today. Cecilia hasn't been in Loop kitchen, and I haven't managed to catch anyone else alone. But now people have seen me wandering around, so I feel like I should lay low for a bit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm 
Kaufmand already looks sketchy, you don't have people following you and I REALLY don't want to have to make the kill via mchang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:20 pm 
I'll keep trying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:21 pm 
I don't think mchang realizes she's mafia. I walked into Black Hole Lounge and she was the only one there and she asked me if I was there to kill her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm 
No, she doesn't. She actually came to my room to ask aok what her role was. He said it was up to you to tell her and that she should talk to you. Frankly I don't see much of a reason for you to tell her. It would be better to not make a kill, I think. We currently have a free no kill day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:27 pm 
Another kill might give the Town something to think about other than you being suspicious, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:29 pm 
It would also be nice to give mgavrin a graveyard buddy :P
If needed, I could probably kill Lydia pretty easily. She's been sick in her room all evening, and hardly anyone ever walks by here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:37 pm 
Killed Cecilia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:44 pm 
Didn't manage to get any useful information out of her. Gravedig her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:50 pm 
Sorry about the timing, kaufmand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:46 pm 
np; I've pretty much talked my way out of it. But Shike just said he investigated you (as in just now). Get your alibi ready to claim Frame a Townsperson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:47 pm 
FYI Eric Mannes said he saw you moving around today and was mildly suspicious; much more so when you claimed to have been in your room a lot. You might want to do something about that too. As in correct yourself before the investigation results come out. Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:50 pm 
Shike has also claimed politician, so he will likely be confirmed town in the next few days. Waiting to update the spreadsheet for the test to actually be performed....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:45 pm 
Welp, bye guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:48 pm 
I still have a shovel. I gave one to dgrazian. Should I give my shovel to kaufmand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 pm 
Yes. Next time I leave the room I'll go to my room on Pecker. Leave several minutes later.