Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sending out probes
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:06 pm 
Man, am I making a mess of our forum with all my posts, anyways, I intend to send out messages asking for people's general thoughts, to Arkhipov, Kaufmand, Dgrazian, and Krue. i.e. the players I called out as good asking for their thoughts on the game, David, if you want to tell me what you think go for it. I'm just collecting info to help guide the town. I plan on informing them that I am asking others. This doesn't seem super sketchy to me because I'm out of town and really do want to be involved with game, and well, it seems reasonable, anyways, I'll tell you when I've sent the emails out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 pm 
Schmolly, you do not know this message, I sent it to Dgrazian, krue, alex, and am now sending it to kaufmand

Hey, I’m writing to you to ask what your current thoughts on game state are and to request that you keep me informed. I am sending out this letter to several other strong players as well. (Basically, I’m sending this to players who seem highly competent). I’m not in town as I pointed out and the forum is a very public and very noise prone place to send hunches. (that is, hunches tend to get overblown into unfounded lynch mobs). Basically I’d appreciate you telling me whatever info you feel comfortable telling me in order to help me be an active member of the town. (i.e. so and so seems suspicious because they were doing foo or goodguy is acting obviously like * to an extent that any active player has figured it out) I’m not asking you to tell me particularly sensitive stuff, that obviously doesn’t make sense for the town from your perspective (though it obviously does from mine, I don’t think I’ve convinced anybody I’m a confirmed townie yet ☹). Anyways, until I get back, that is Tuesday, I’d really appreciate if you told me stuff I should have picked up by being in town. BTW, I obviously don’t trust any of the people I’m sending this to yet, including you,I still think aggregating people’s opinions is a valuable activity for the town even moreso given that I have the (minor) advantage of being a relatively outside observer and, given that the vast majority of people are town, it’s a safe assumption on my part that a strong majority of people writing to me are town.

Thanks, Jfrisch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 pm 
Schmolly, you do not know this message, I sent it to Dgrazian, krue, alex, and am now sending it to kaufmand

Hey, I’m writing to you to ask what your current thoughts on game state are and to request that you keep me informed. I am sending out this letter to several other strong players as well. (Basically, I’m sending this to players who seem highly competent). I’m not in town as I pointed out and the forum is a very public and very noise prone place to send hunches. (that is, hunches tend to get overblown into unfounded lynch mobs). Basically I’d appreciate you telling me whatever info you feel comfortable telling me in order to help me be an active member of the town. (i.e. so and so seems suspicious because they were doing foo or goodguy is acting obviously like * to an extent that any active player has figured it out) I’m not asking you to tell me particularly sensitive stuff, that obviously doesn’t make sense for the town from your perspective (though it obviously does from mine, I don’t think I’ve convinced anybody I’m a confirmed townie yet ☹). Anyways, until I get back, that is Tuesday, I’d really appreciate if you told me stuff I should have picked up by being in town. BTW, I obviously don’t trust any of the people I’m sending this to yet, including you,I still think aggregating people’s opinions is a valuable activity for the town even moreso given that I have the (minor) advantage of being a relatively outside observer and, given that the vast majority of people are town, it’s a safe assumption on my part that a strong majority of people writing to me are town.

Thanks, Jfrisch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:08 pm 
I've basically been keeping you informed; the two things that I'd specifically note in this email under normal circumstances are that dgrazien's actions seem strange, making him a bit sketchy, and that sibyani's alibi seems the least legit of all, making him my primary suspect for the murder.

I've been increasingly asking people "where are the investigators?" and talked to Andrea about a couple of ways investigators can reveal their results without revealing themselves -- I'm not sure if she cares enough to pass this info on unless she happens to know an investigator personally. But I really think that investigators should have investigated me by now and posted results. (perhaps the investigators are at ET and were unable to get to Random? seems a bit unlikely, since dgrazien came and convinced cathy to come with him, but the lack of investigations we're seeing needs some explanation)

Andrea hasn't asked me again about special role vs. vanilla, so I haven't said anything.