Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stuff that I know
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:09 am 
1. Cathy is investigator (claimed to me on Day 1)

2. I am Politician

3. I have the medkit (got it from shike who got it from chewy.)

4. Shike says he is actually superhero. Supposedly that is why he gave me the medkit. Don't know whether he's telling the truth, though.

5. I was going to give Cathy the medkit today. That plan just got canceled, I think. But Shike knows I have the medkit, as does anybody he has told.

6. Molly is innocent child she confided to me and krue.

I think that's everything I know right now. Also, I am quite sleep deprived. And I'm moving my stuff from Random to et today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm 
is it reasonable to set a fake hitman kill on you soonish to remove the medkit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 pm 
also, shi-ke is superhero in case you haven't read so far, upon him roleclaiming politician the obvious move was to set a trap for the superhero. (I was being paranoid that you would link that to a competent player and therefore disclose that info but, given that you are here now...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:31 pm 
Yeah, so we have a free bonus kill on him at will.

Two particularly good possibilities that I see for tonight. One is that I sneak over to Random to kill Shike and somebody else, while pretending to be asleep at et the whole time.

I don't actually have a functioning key to get into random at the moment, so I would need to borrow one from David. Also, David would ideally scout for me.

The alternative is to have kaufmand kill someone (I really want that someone to be Nathan) over here at et. We could then 'Frame' Alex or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:05 pm 
More stuff:

Adam Yedidia is prophet.

He also says he knows who an innocent child is and suggested he will tell me after I am confirmed innocent.

Goes without saying you don't know this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:00 pm 
So I forgot to mention that there's a spreadsheet for mafia too. You should have it now. And I updated it with the roles you just listed. I haven't been keeping votes up to date though; we can outsource that work to the town.

No, we don't want to attack dgrazian with a fake hitman. Then we can't use a real hitman without incriminating him. But should one of us have to suicide we can take out the medkit on our way.

I can certainly arrange for your entry and I can still kill at ET if necessary. My real question, though, is who is going to be lynched tonight. Adam Yedidia said I'm less sketchy than average, dgrazian can't be lynched twice in one night, and no one is sketched out about Josh. Schmolly committed all murders, so we don't have to fear investigations. Perhaps we should let them just lynch someone? (And perhaps use hitman tomorrow and let them do it again?) Or do you think Adam Yedidia's opinion isn't widely held? I don't think people would get suspicious of kills picking up after Josh's return; it seems more likely to me that they'd put it down to mafia not being organized enough after a kill. I think using a hitman after a no kill day would look like the mafia are just replanning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm 
My only concern about no-killing today, is that town might default to lynching kaufmand. That would be a shame.

If you can make it over to et, we can plan that. Or, you can make a kill at Random (alibi would probably be that you never left Maslab?)

I would prefer not to come over to Random tonight (as long as we have other good options) primarily because I really need to sleep (and sleeping at Random would defeat the purpose of going their clandestinely.)

Also, what is your phone number? Mine is 619-655-0432.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm 
I can make it to ET (e.g. by walking. Or in 50 minutes on the saferide). But the maslab excuse won't work; I was seen by too many people just going back to my room. And I'm currently sitting in black hole kitchen. I don't think that excuse will work in general because Andrea knows that aok is now on my maslab team and he won't be hiding. Or making excuses.

240-347-0872. Also see one of the first threads (contact information). On a second thought, after you read that thread could you ask aok to delete it? I don't think it really needs to become public (and searchable on google?) after the game ends. Same with our phone numbers here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 pm 
Okay, are we going to do this then. You don't have to by the way. I'm shamelessly admitting that I don't want to walk over to random for out of game reasons (lack of sleep.)

If so, we'll need to message each other to coordinate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 pm 
Currently, no other players seem to be at et. There's going to be a 7:15 p.m. van run to bring people back to et from campus, so you'd want to come over after that.

Also, hitman. It's something I think should have been done today and definitely should be done tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:58 pm 
Ok, I'm alone and should be able to leave without being noticed. But I don't feel to good about the logistics of this plan. Is how doable is it to sneak into ET and make a kill? You think I'll be able to find Nathan on his own? And while I have some ideas for alibis, if we're at all concerned about me being lynched now none of them are going to help that much. But I'm still willing to do it if you think it's doable.

Agreed about the hitman and I want Shike to die tomorrow. I'm not sure how easily killable he will be; that might be a good use of the hitman.

Also, about Molly K and black hole kitchen: I found out yesterday (when she was unable to confirm my time of departure or arrival) that Molly was only PMing names of people entering black hole kitchen when she was there alone. So if we have a sufficient number of people we can kill for free it may be possible to kill black hole kitchen safely. Maybe.

I was talking to Andrea and Molly K in black hole kitchen. Molly K is legitimately sketched out by dgrazian even though he probably saved Shike's life last night (possibly not, but she didn't seem to want to talk to Shike to confirm or deny). Apparently dgrazian is so good at mafia that he would do something like this to look innocent and I should read forums from earlier games to get a sense of how he plays. Dgrazian, cut it out :P. Andrea and Molly were somewhat sketched out about how Alex hasn't really done anything all game, but they aren't sketched out enough to lynch him because he's still Alex. I let Andrea and Molly suggest most of the ideas, so I doubt they think I'm pushing a particular point of view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:03 pm 
Kind of funny. Molly K has no good reason in my opinion to be suspicious of me. But if she is she is.

Right now, no other players are at et. So unless that changes it's no good having you come over here :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:12 pm 
And I seriously DID save shike; nothing sketchy there (or rather I saved the medkit, which he had on him at the time.) That's completely pointless for me to do as mafia, since I'm getting confirmed as Politician anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:14 pm 
Honest question, why are you revealing as superhero? it doesn't seem particularly helpful for you to claim as town?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:19 pm 
1. Trying to protect Cathy's identity as investigator. Cathy came over to random with me on Day 1, and I was afraid that the mafia would suspect her as investigator. The superhero narrative explains the negative investigation on kaufmand Day 1.

2. Shike was very suspicious of me. And I did think I might get the mafia to waste "Set a Trap."

3. I think that early claims by Politician/Superhero are reasonable in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:22 pm 
I can't stay up any longer trying to see whether people come over to et. If you're comfortable making a kill in Random, do so. If not, let's no-kill. Try to make sure an appropriate lynch target is chosen. With any luck, town will do that on their own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Shike was very suspicious of me

But you believe that he was telling the truth about being ironheart today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm 
Oh, and I forgot to mention that they said stuff about how you really want to conscript people like Alex or Daniel, although you have to conscript other people some times. So I really like the idea of framing Alex. Can you ensure that he is investigated?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 pm 
If we can pull Nathan's murder while Alex is at et, then yes, I'm confident we can get Alex framed.

But Cathy will need to still be alive. I'll need to direct her investigation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:56 pm 
Also, Nathan says he is Seer; is considering Seering Alex to confirm his role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am 
Is Alex's role known (by Nathan or in general)? Do you know who else he might tell? Unless he reveals Alex's role to people strictly by proxy killing him and blaming Alex might not work (assuming Alex isn't yet another vanilla townie).

Let's move the discussion of who to kill to the Day 4 thread I just started; I put a fair amount of stuff there.