Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:10 am 
How would it work if Will made the kill like in the next 20 minutes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:11 am 
lolz; I've come up with a quick code fix for today's problem and I'm going to solder something. The rest of the time was actually mafia time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 am 
Is it okay if Will kills shike soon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 am 
Here's the only thing I'm potentially concerned about. The mafia might assume that shike is ironheart today (and use big guns.) I'd rather not use big guns, but that's because shike told me that he was ironheart yesterday (and that was supposedly why he gave me the medkit.)

If he's actually ironheart today, and doesn't die, then he might be suspicious of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 am 
And you're in lab right now, right? So that means you have an alibi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 am 
It's possible. You think it should be a Kaboom? I guess I'm ok with that if you want; Shike does seem to test his hypotheses empirically and asking for the medkit back would be a good touch. Actually I think you're right; Shike knew he didn't have some other form of protection, so he probably would have asked earlier if he needed the medkit for today. I'm going to leave now; I can solder later. Perhaps I'll go to bonfire so Eric will tell me the time. But I do need time to get the robot etc to my room. I'll talk more from bonfire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 am 
I'm on Bonfire now, but mannes isn't there so I don't know what time I got here. Give me a little extra time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:31 am 
Yep, I can give you some extra time. I really want to use 'bang' if we can get away with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:34 am 
Honestly, if you don't have the best of alibi's, that's okay. Cathy's suspicious enough of you that she'll want to investigate you, and of course will come up with a negative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 am 
When did he tell you he was ironheart today? Before you saved him? After? Significantly after?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 am 
Ok, I'm fine with that. My story line for the game (at least when I don't actually make the kill) will be that I have an alibi that really could/should have been better :P. I don't really need more time then, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:39 am 
Yesterday, after he was politician-checked, he gave me the medkit, saying he didn't need it because he was ironheart.

One alternative plan would be for me to give him the medkit back tomorrow, and then have Will kill him. But I'd like to have this done tonight if possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am 
Actually, what I think Will's instructions to be are to kill him anytime he can do so without witnesses. Whenever that happens to be (but probably he would get an opportunity tonight.)

Is that okay with you guys?

The only question is 'bang' or 'kaboom'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 am 
I'd prefer to kill him now and burn the medkit later if you're willing to kaboom him now. It amounts to pretty much the same thing, except Shike gets killed now instead of tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:42 am 
Okay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:43 am 
And if the ironheart stuff was a test, you will pass it this way. And there's no risk of him immediately passing of the medkit before he gits killed. At the price of a kaboom, killing him now works out pretty well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 am 
Yeah, I can't believe I didn't think of this faster. It seems like the clear best move.

Actually, I know why I didn't consider it. I wanted Shike dead immediately, so we wouldn't have to worry about it tomorrow. But this is better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:54 am 
Perhaps you can pull Shike aside and have him killed in one go. I kind of wanted Will to kill him and pretend to have killed you (even with no witnesses), but hitman can't do that. Any thoughts on the logistics?

I'd really like the mafia to try to kill you soon; perhaps we can have Alex can kill you. I can come to ET again today. You arrange for a meeting between me and Nathan; I kill Nathan. At the same time, you arrange for you and Alex to be missing. We frame Alex and you say he killed Nathan in front of you and failed to kill you on account of the medkit. Shike should die this morning; we don't want him asking for the medkit much longer.

I'm going to maslab now-ish and will be somewhat online. Same deal as yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:01 pm 
Oh, one more note: you encourage the town to investigate both of you to ensure that you didn't make the kill and use frame a townsperson. Alex comes up as guilty, you come up as innocent. The town thinks we haven't used frame a townsperson.

Given the discussion in town, I'm slightly worried about just killing Shike. Although they probably wouldn't lynch you for just being alive -- we can probably convince them that the mafia are trying to make the town kill for them. But it does make you look pretty suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 pm 
Well, this was one of the risks of conscripting me. And I honestly didn't expect to be conscripted, largely because of this tendency to overreact to conscription threats.

But still, I think we should be able to keep me alive for at least another few days. If we can predict when the town will turn against me, I can claim to be poisoned, hopefully giving myself another three days (that would only work if its done before a clear lynch mob rises against me.)

I don't think we've played optimally (I blame sleep dep), but I think we need to follow through with the hit on shike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm 
Shike is currently in Black Hole Lounge sleeping. I've given him the medkit. I think Will will kill him when he gets back to Random around 6:00 tonight.

Ideally, that will be before Josh gets back to Random (and I've told Will that ASAP after 6 is best, assuming he can avoid witnesses.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 pm 
Hmm... actually, I'd really like to keep myself alive for more than just a few more days. We only have two dead townies right now. Game's just started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:58 pm 
Can we try ET shenanigans tonight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:35 pm 
Yeah, I think that's a good idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:03 pm 
Will's current instructions are to assassinate to first opportunity (assuming no witnesses.)

When do you want to implement et murders?

Also, my phone is no longer on vibrate. I'll probably be sleeping, but if you call, I'll wake up (I'll be sleeping in front room, not the dorm.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:25 pm 
My team has maslab cleanup at 7:30 (although I'm currently coding at Random). I'll get in touch again when I'm back from that. We basically have an indefinite supply of maslab work to do, but I don't have anything scheduled.

Is it strange for you to receive calls? If so, I'll only call if it looks like you're asleep and not responding on the forum. Similar question for texts -- are they better or worse than forum communication?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:35 pm 
If you call, I can pretend that you're my mom, and I can say that I'm sleeping now, can we talk later? Then I'll be up. This would only be relevant if others are in the room of course.

Try texting first, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 pm 
Back at random and ready to set up an alibi and leave. Respond soon to verify that you got this message; also respond about when would be good.

Text messages don't work so well for me; I use google voice and for some reason my phone doesn't check for messages very frequently (I really ought to fix that). So I normally see them as emails. But you can message me, email me, chat me, or (particularly if en route) call me.

Do you still think you can get Alex investigated now that people are so suspicious of you and gary?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:18 pm 
5 mafia players in front room right now, playing a game.

no way to get you in right now. Will tell you if/when this changes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 pm 
Got it. Could you remind me which side of the house (facing the house) the non-front door is on? Or is it actually in the back?