Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 am 
So the problem with killing Shike is that it throws some suspicion on dgrazian. I think we can fix this by arranging a fake (highly public, perhaps also by Will to make up for the quietness of this one) hitman attack on dgrazian, who survives via the medkit. I guess Krue is spoiling this for us a bit; it would have been nice if we could do that today. But if we do it tomorrow dgrazian will have enough "charges" left that the mafia would fear attacking him on subsequent days w/o big guns.

Or an alternative idea: kill Shike and Krue and pretend to try to kill dgrazian, who has lost his police protection but still has the medkit. Which he had because he was trying to get it back to Shike, as per his request. Mafia don't bring out the big guns because they didn't expect him to be protected. And the town ends up thinking we've set both traps. It would be pretty funny (albeit totally non-essential) if dgrazian killed Krue to make this plan work.

When Shike dies, presumably dgrazian will become the next mayor? Particularly if he's just been attacked by the mafia?

I think there should be a second kill, and I'm still be up for killing at ET.

Josh, when are you getting back? When are you going to be on a plane and unavailable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:05 am 
We can't have the hitman actually make a public kill against me, since he was hired specifically to kill Will.

Why are you concerned that shike's death would throw suspicion on me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:17 am 
Either you aren't making much sense or I'm up too late (or both?). The idea is that Will kills Shike quietly so the town thinks a mafia did it. Then we kill Krue, which tells the town (shocker) that we guessed Shike's role and his kill was free. Then there is a fake hitman attempt on you, which the town interprets as the mafia trying to eliminate you (after killing Krue and leaving you unprotected), having guessed your role (another shocker) for another free kill and using the hitman power. Basically this make it look like the mafia tried to wipe out three powerful players, two of whom were pretty trusted. And that they nearly succeed.

It doesn't throw suspicion on you immediately, but you are the other publicly revealed (fairly trusted) person, and it would make sense for the mafia to kill you. But then that doesn't happen and the town thinks you're conscripted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:46 am 
If someone taps someone else on the shoulder and says bang (or kaboom), it is always a real kill. If you're not allowed to make that kill, you are not allowed to try knowing that you'll fail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 am 
Got it, but failing to tap (or something similar) is legit, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 am 
I just sent Will this message, after extensive communication:

'Standing order. Tap him and say kaboom anytime you can get away with it, without witnesses! That might be tonight, that might be tomorrow afternoon. But no witnesses is actually important.

Does this work for you?

Daniel'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 am 
Cool. Still on bonfire until I run out of email-related stuff I need to do, then shower + bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 am 
You're not allowed to do anything that intentionally could be mistaken as a kill attempt. There can be no witnesses to a public hitman kill on dgrazian. No one can hear it happen from around the corner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 am 
Changed me mind after thinking about it for a few minutes. We're going to get rid of the medkit tomorrow. I'll be back over at Random tomorrow morning, and I will give Shike the medkit. Will will kaboom him after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 am 
Sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:05 am 
New idea for decreasing any dgrazian sketch: kill Molly not for free. Theorizing that molly is testing dgrazian with the whole innocent child thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:11 am 
I like the plan with shike now. Get's rid of shike and the medkit at once. And I don't think it looks to bad for me.

Now I'm battlecoding/sleeping until tomorrow morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:41 am 
Okay, so plan for tomorrow:

1. Shike gets medkit tomorrow afternoon. Then he will be 'kaboom' killed by Will later in the day.

2. We should make another kill. I would really like to do the 'Kill Nathan, frame Alex' trick. Let's have that be our tentative plan. If we decide it's infeasible, we can kill somebody else or frame somebody else. But I would like to use Frame a Townsperson tomorrow.

If a kill is made at Random, I would prefer to make it. If a kill is made at et, David or Josh should make it.