Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Council President?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm 
As I mentioned in another thread, we should consider electing someone to be president, since it probably won’t occur spontaneously. Therefore we probably want to pick someone that is relatively trustworthy.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Council President?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm 
I would rather not elect someone without a very good reason.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:03 pm 
++jason, council president is dangerous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:03 pm 
++jason, council president is dangerous

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:07 pm 
Nominating myself since I've already been shown trustworthy by giving information about Natasha's killer (and am consequently already a target for bears assuming her killer was a bear). It seems like the only real reason for not electing a president is making that person a target.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:09 pm 
i mean the president can kill, influence lynch, and dispose of bear information that might be helpful later

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:13 pm 
(also, i feel like giving information from a non-player about a kill isn't enough to trust for class council president)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm 
president can only kill once, and knowing how many bears there are early on would be a really great advantage. i think we should elect someone, the info they can give us drastically outweighs the harm they could do.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:17 pm 
Accidentally electing a bear as council president would be a death sentence and I think we should only elect someone if we are very, very confident they aren't a bear.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:25 pm 
Giving info from an NP isn't especially trustworthy at all. You could just as easily be a bear making up info as a human trying to catch bears.

Student council presidents do have a significant amount of power from the extra kill, extra lynch vote, and bear counter. But even if we could elect someone who is provably town, all the use we would really get is the bear counter. It's way too early to warrant needing a kill in addition to the lynch (unless someone has a lead other than kill investigations on who could be a bear?). An extra lynch vote isn't useful either, since I doubt bears outnumber humans enough to have a chance to swing the vote significantly.

Compare that to what could happen if we elected a bear, or someone else malicious, to student council president. They would get an extra kill, probably meaning another dead human. They would be able to lie about the bear counter, which we only have one of, and we'd have no way to check.

Given all this, I don't think we should elect a student council president until we have either a person we can truly trust or a reason to need the president's powers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:28 pm 
yall should elect meeeeeeee and poke me via FB when you want me to do something since I'm pretty ghosty lately

If i were a bear i'd probably be forced to be more active, with way more EC sightings than normal. Either that or I'm a lazy bear. but I'm a twink