Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:53 am 
tomatoGarlic and i have created a link with each other. i have extremely strong reason to believe that tomatoGarlic is not aligned with the mafia, but the same cannot be said in the other direction.

all players should send a forum message to tomatoGarlic. include a list of the names of all forum usernames you know belong to players, and also the names of all players other than yourself who you mechanically know are in the game.

if it ever becomes known that a player or a username failed to send this message, or did not include all of the above information that they knew, then that player or username will be assumed to be mafia-aligned without any further thought. the deadline for sending this message will be, say, 10:00pm tonight.

if you have any objections to this plan, you should probably pm me or tomatoGarlic rather than post it here. you should also tell tomatoGarlic any other information you are willing to share, which could include your name, but it is understandable if you do not trust us enough to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:11 am 
I'm the Big Toe, see? Yeah, see? And what I say, goes, see? Got me?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:31 am 
anonymous asks (via pm) why anyone should trust me

there is no reason to trust me, however, tomatoGarlic can only be mafia if i am also mafia. so it's unlikely enough that tomatoGarlic is mafia that it is worth following through with this plan. it is for this reason that i am not asking for everyone to reveal their name, role, etc., but just some information that is not very useful for mafia but quite useful for town to have in aggregate to hold the mafia accountable.

please do keep pming us your objections - i will post them to this thread anonymously.

commanderToenail wrote:
I'm the Big Toe, see? Yeah, see? And what I say, goes, see? Got me?

yes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:37 pm 
anonymous asks me to spell out the benefit to town more clearly, and in particular why we shouldn't just post things publicly. also, isn't this exactly what collaborating mafia would do?

as I see it, it's very likely that there are mafia players and mafia usernames that are just pretending not to exist. there are also probably town players and town usernames that are pretending not to exist, for good reason. as evidence, very few usernames have posted to the forums so far, and i don't really expect this to change. there are also surely many players in the game who did not come to kickoff and are mysteriously lurking in the "mafia nps" chat. it's important to hold these players and names accountable, and if possible let town players continue to hide. the goal here is to create a sort of player list and username list (probably not all of the usernames in the members list actually exist) which is held only by the town.

we should not post things publicly so that town can continue to be hidden, and so that the mafia have more trouble forming live action links with us. that's why i'm posting complaints anonymously etc., so that as few usernames have to be known as possible. all forum communication can in theory be done through tomatoGarlic.

finally, i personally would not expect collaborating mafia to a) think of this b) think it will work and c) be willing to connect two of their usernames to each other, which could backfire badly. not sure what else i can say about that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:58 pm 
Hello everyone, I'm cadmonsArmchair, and I am aligned with the Town. I also have some abilities.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:12 pm 
Hi! So the main reason for this post is for people to pm me things they want publicly known but not tied to their username, so tehy don't get targetted.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:41 pm 
Also, it would be really useful to have a player list, so mafia can't just hide, and then come out later unsketchily. Ideally, this would include IRL player list, but hopefully we at least a list of confirmed forum usernames in game. This only works if EVERYONE does it though, so please pm me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:38 pm 
Hello everyone, I'm acceleratedCabbage, and I am aligned with the Town.