Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Discussion Day 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:10 am 
We're discussing mafia at ET right now. If you want to join in, gchat lizrita (omnisyncd@gmail.com)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:13 am 
Players here are:

Daniel Grazian
lizrita
garywang
sambf
Alex Arkhipov
ermain
megan chang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:11 am 
A bunch of us at ET think that it's correct for the innocent people to all reveal their roles. The logic is that despite the town's attempts at secrecy in previous games, real information wasn't really kept from the mafia. If everyone revealed, we could probably get a few provable innocent people, and probably lynch a mafia. We think it's worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:53 am 
I agree.

Sam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:39 am 
For the same logic that I used for the vanillas, I think it would make sense for one person to collect all of this information before revealing it. It's strictly better than everyone just publicly revealing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:55 pm 
Something that should be taken into account: everyone revealing will result in 2 people being killed with Set a Trap and the Innocent Child being killed with Slaughter the Weak. Also the awesomest consequence of Ironhearts--failed kill attempts that leave a townie aware of who tried to kill them--will never happen, because Ironhearts will be killed with Bring out the Big Guns before any failed attempts are made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:24 pm 
I want to start the lynch discussion right away so that we're not scrambling in the last couple minutes.

To start us off, I suggest we lynch Lydia. She is one of several Randomites who could have made the kill. Note that her alibi is meaningless; she could have easily left Cory (an NP) at desk for a few minutes to make the kill.

What to people think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:28 pm 
I second lynching Lydia. If Lydia has something to say in her defense she should do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:40 pm 
Third lynching lydia, will see if I can find her to question her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 pm 
Oh. So we're talking here. I'm innocent. If someone could please investigate me that would be cool. I don't have a better alibi than being at desk. I indeed could have easily left Cory at desk to make a kill. I guess the best I can do is say that someone close to me died (in real life) yesterday and I'm not very enthusiastic about mafia or killing people right now, and haven't been doing anything other than painting today. If you want to lynch me that's okay. I probably would not be playing if I knew this would happen, but no one can ever know. Sorry if tmi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:50 pm 
I dug up Cecilia with my shovel, and found her wearing a cape and mask (superhero).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:57 pm 
Investigation results? Lydia is no longer my first choice, either for investigation or for lynching. She sounds believable.

I'd like to get an investigation on Andrea, though, or someone else who was at YQ's party

My default lynch is now for Andrea. I'd love to here what she has to say!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 pm 
And we need more alibis! One I would particularly like is for Adam Yedidia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 pm 
Can I drop out? I don't want to play anymore. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:59 pm 
Oh, of course! Lydia, did anybody playing live action mafia enter Random by desk shortly before the kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:03 pm 
I don't know, sorry. I didn't pay much attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:15 pm 
I'll cooperate with the lynching Andrea, because I believe we ought to lynch somebody.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:17 pm 
I'm voting to lynch Andrea, but I would really like to hear from her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 pm 
I'd be up for lynching Andrea or Dgrazian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 pm 
Dgrazian I have Lily, Jfrish, Shike and Megan who all saw me not murdering someone at 6:05. You can also ask YQ, Katoco or Tom.

Are you kidding?
Seriously?
We can't all be mafia by the pigeon hole principal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:34 pm 
So andrea was at the party, I'd be surprised if she left part way through though it is possible. I would prefer not to vote for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:36 pm 
Alright. (My reasoning for wanting to lynch Dgrazian: he keeps saying things that are probably not in the townspeoples' interests, so I think he's slightly more likely to be mafia than the random person.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:37 pm 
Can we get Dgrazien prophet checked, I would feel more comfortable with him that way, also the prophet can collect everybodies role the next day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:45 pm 
Sam, like what? Seriously, lynching me right now would be stupid.

I'm trying to get conversation going so that we can make the decision before 10:55 (thought that doesn't seem to be working.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:49 pm 
I'm voting to lynch James Hobin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:01 pm 
Voted to lynch jk on info that dgrazian thought was legit, if this doesn't pan out I'll lynch dgrazian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:03 pm 
Solid info that it's hobin, lynch him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 pm 
If there is a prophet at random, immediately go smite James Hobin.