It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: JAMES WAS INNOCENT
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:31 am 
I shoveled him and he's vanilla.

AOK YOU SKETCHY MOTHERFUCKER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:49 am 
Plant evidence or some other trickery here? The items discussion seems to strongly indicate that jk was mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am 
I'm just reporting my shovel results.

I don't know how he got the microphones, but James is definitely vanilla.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:05 pm 
Megan, you were not given any shovels at game start. How did you get one?

Also, I am the one who got the information from a NP, and subsequently, told aok. I believe James is mafia, and now I suspect Megan is mafia as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 pm 
I gave it to her. I thought I was more likely to die in the first couple days.

And I'd still say 99 percent chance James was mafia:

1. NP's claim to have seen him
2. He had a 2nd microphone, the only plausible explanation for which is that he killed Cecilia.
3. He claimed investigator and turned up as a vanilla. Yet he apparently never revealed as vanilla when vanillas were supposed to reveal.

So, yeah, they used their manipulate the graveyard ability. They get two uses of it per game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:30 pm 
James told me he was ironheart. I told him to reveal as investigator.

I was going to say that even if he turned up as innocent, there was a 95% chance he was mafia. Given that he turned up vanilla, I am still 99% sure he was mafia.

The good news is that we now know the mafia have wasted a use of plant evidence to counter our waste of a shovel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:33 pm 
Given that Megan claimed vanilla, I am now strongly inclined just to lynch her. If she's innocent, we've only lost a vanilla townie, and I suspect we'll end up having to kill almost all of them eventually in order to catch a mafia hiding there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:07 pm 
Given how much of a slam dunk it was that James was guilty, mchang got rid of a shovel in a way that she should have known wouldn't help town much (and which she knew would sow confusion, if she knew about the wasted plant evidence). She's either mafia or a bad strategist. Since we're probably going to end up lynching all the vanillas eventually, let's lynch mchang. (And I too would like to know where she got the shovel.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:16 pm 
While Megan clearly overreacted to the shoveling result, I do not begrudge her for using the the shovel. We learned that Mafia did not Plant Evidence, which we would have expected, and so know they still have both their uses remaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:26 pm 
sigh

I shoveled on Dgrazian's orders...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:33 pm 
mchang02 wrote:
sigh

That seems like a weird order for Dgrazian to give, given how confident he was that jk was mafia. Clearly there's something I don't get. Dgrazian, what was your reasoning here? (I'm willing to believe you have good reasoning for it, I'm just not sure what it is.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:34 pm 
mchang02 wrote:
sigh

If people are acting on Dgrazian's orders, they are setting themselves up for a very unhappy endgame with a conscripted dgrazian.

That said, I supported the shoveling as well and continue to support it.

That said, you're being very sketchy, Megan, crying conspiracy without thinking it through, then pointing fingers to someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:06 pm 
So I'm very unsuspicious of Mchang. She seems to be acting like Cathy in the last game. In particular getting information from god and assuming it's therefore almost certainly true. Also it was unclear to multiple people that god only revealed vanilla on both mafia and town. So it makes some sense that she was confused. This seems like standard derpy town behavior rather than mafia behavior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:44 pm 
We should think twice about lynching Megan. The shoveling result ambiguity can be confusing, and I do not blame her for that now that things have been cleared up.

Considering that vanilla townies would eventually be lynched anyway, Megan is as good an option as any I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm 
+1 vote to not lynch Megan...the shoveling result was confusing and killing vanilla townies makes less progress than no lynch.

(Unless the mafia will kill Megan? I don't quite understand the strategy yet)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:00 pm 
I would be happy if a better lynch candidate than Megan showed up. However, I think it's better for town to lynch someone less skilled than someone more skilled. If we can't find a sketchball to lynch tonight, and lynching a vanilla is better than no lynch (which I'm still on the fence about), lynching someone derpy is better than lynching a different random vanilla.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:41 pm 
Right after the end of the day I suggested she shovel him. I changed my mind when I saw that he had two shovels on him, but it was too late.

I don't think mchang is the slightest bit more suspicious for anything she has done. I don't want to lynch her.