Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:30 am 

1. Who killed me? - In the world where Jason didn't kill me, who did? Natasha is proven town by process of elimination, and her priest result says that Yannick didn't. So that means Luke would have had to kill me. But Jason alibied Luke, so this is impossible unless Jason is really bad at determining alibis, which he isn't.
2. Who killed rusch? - Spruce's investigation of {yyao1, m2w} -> rusch = yyao1 wasn't just any investigation. It was the investigation that caught investigator Bruce in a lie, which led to the Emily / Luke beef. Even if Spruce wasn't Emily*, they are pretty clearly town. So rusch's death would have had to be manipulated. But furthermore, Luke would have had to lie about having performed a true investigation which specifically makes a mafia look sketchy for being the not-innocent one in the pair. Even if town knew Luke was serial killer and not coordinating with rusch's killer, this is a pretty crazy proposition to be making.
3. Why would Yannick start the beef? - Yannick giving the priest result he did makes no sense if he is mafia. That result essentially proved the entire rest of game (gurev, JosB, meghal, natalyat, dylanhen, pravinas) innocent, at the cost of making Jason look bad. Maybe mafia would start a beef like that if they were very close to winning, but this hypothetical Yannick clearly wouldn't be. He would have just made himself one of two suspects for the entire rest of the game, with very little gain.

Hopefully town thinks of at least one of this multitude of reasons.

*who is provably town; Emily / Yannick is impossible because then no one could have killed me, and Emily / Jason is impossible because Yannick said the mafia count was 2.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:40 am 

Other fun facts:

1. Josb investigated my death and found Luke innocent, so that means that in the "Yannick is bad" scenario, my death would have been manipulated *in addition* to rusch's death being manipulated.
2. Even if town was out of pair investigations (which they aren't due to splitters), and even if there wasn't all the evidence listed above, all town needs to do is a spirit search that includes exactly one of Yannick and Jason. If one of Yannick / Jason is the one to get the result, iterate with another spirit search. Town has tons.
3. Town has a vigilante (Dylan). If there is any doubt, why not vig kill one of Yannick / Jason and lynch the other?

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:58 am 

I will have to say that the shovel change by mafia was pretty smart. By keeping it mafia, but changing the role, no one seems to be questioning it at all and it's really throwing them off.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:23 pm 

The only thing we were trying to figure out via shoveling was what her role was, so it shouldn't be surprising that that's the only thing mafia would change.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:13 pm 

Yeah, I hoped to make it something that was plausible but confusing.

Report this post